Yesterday there was a 200+ post thread shitting on Britney Spears and those other late 90s-early 2000s pop stars

Yesterday there was a 200+ post thread shitting on Britney Spears and those other late 90s-early 2000s pop stars.

Why is Sup Forums so butthurt that they sold millions of albums and made millions of people happy while nobody cares about Radiohead or whatever fedora music you guys listen to.

>People are going to reply to this thread seriously.
Please sage and filter out the garbage.

Radiohead made millions of people miserable.

Canned corporate music product is not actual music though.

That ain't how it works, contrarian. You don't make the calls.
Heh.

What if I argued that both Backstreet Boys and Radiohead did not constitute listenable music?

Sugar Ray

TELL ME WHY

Who cares how much they sold, the music sucks

Poptimism is a cancer that needs to be irradiated at once.

That music is absolute trash. I remember it well. Nobody with any taste or serious interest in music liked it.

>90's-early 2000's pop stars are garbage
>dosn't collaborate why

Speak ye any English?

just because something makes people happy doesn't make it good

>just because something makes people happy doesn't make it good

ebic meme brah

Yes he does actually

This garbage was pushed so hard back then that people just got sick of it. Imagine if all you heard was death metal on the radio 24/7. You'd get tired of it too. Trust me, I worked in a record store then and I never ever remember any product push as enormous and blatant as Britney Spears.

the 2000s had so much good dancy music, the beats were really great idk why people have problems with britney shes sassy and amazing and an icon and shes fierce just go back to jerking off about how you dont understand whats so great about trout mask replica but still listen to it every day because daddy scaruffi told you to

britney is iconic

Nice copypasted Youtube comment.

literally my actual opinion on this

britney is a goddess and no matter what you say she's the childhood of so many girls and boys too, but i guess i understand why Sup Forums would shit on it. people who dont get that sometimes music doesnt have to be some pseudo intellectual circlejerk dont really get music desu

Yeah that was a good thread. Let's not do it again.
Also major labels are cancer.

>people who dont get that sometimes music doesnt have to be some pseudo intellectual circlejerk
But at the other extreme, it also shouldn't be soulless corporate product.

Yes let's not.

Artists like this exist because they know they can peddle tons of albums to 11 year old girls. Usually it happens whenever record execs decide that they need to suppress rawk, which is exactly what did happen in the late 90s. They wanted oh so badly to banish the remnants of grunge and so created a ton of teen idols.

It happened in the early 60s too after 50s RnR died out.

I think the answer is simple. they're an easy product to sell. these types of groups aren't out to make musical history, they're just a product not unlike anything on the shelves of any store. the difference between the "boy band" product and, let's say, a box of Kleenex is that the "boy band" can have a music video, go on tour, sell t-shirts, dolls, trading cards... the list is endless. the Kleenex soaks up snot and gets tossed out (ok, not much difference really.)

Right. These teen girls are not necessarily the kind of person who'd start their music listening with artists such as Radiohead either.

It's because the late 90s/early 2000s era was the peak of industry plants running rampant with the occasional huge hit from other countries to make it genuine
Literal FOTM acts sprang every month just to be forgotten after their 15 mins of fame since they didn't sell mad shit like Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears, the ultimate industry plants