Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell?

>Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell?
>Where was..
> *forgets lines*
> *awkward silence*

Is it normal to include takes of actors forgetting their lines as part of the finished film?

Females, black males, aethergender, affectugender, agender, axigender, bigenderfluid, brevigender, cadogender, caelgender, cancegender, ceterofluid, cryptogender, digigender, duragender, ectogender, egogender, femfluid, flirtgender, geminigender, genderfuzz, heliogender, m00tgender, offgender, OMNIGAY, proxvir, schrodingender, skygender, technogender, videogender, virgender, gendervoid, xenogender, xirls, xoys, xumgender and zodiacgender people first.

i am no man

>Who am I, Gamling?
Afraid to say that he wasn't "all there", sadly.

I don't know if it was a mistake, but it seemed good. Like he was raging about Gondor, but then preferred to shut up since he was talking trash about gondor and aragorn was the heir to the throne.

I think he just didnt want to talk about his sons death anymore

Theoden: A great BBC you say?

Aragorn: All Detroit is emptied.

Theoden: How many?

Aragorn: Ten thousand strong at least.

Theoden [aroused]: TEN THOUSAND?

Aragorn: It's an army bred for one purpose. To destroy the world of white men. They'll be here by nightfall.

Theoden [smiling]: Let them cum. Gather the women.

Oeter Hackson didnt know any better.

+1

Found this in the Unforgiven. HACKMAN confirmed.

Helped the character development showing a king who knew he wasn't what his people needed him to be, his own self doubt, and how he might have been thinking "where was I?"

All of this brings him to over compensating at Pelennor Fields he gives the greatest speech to redeem himself but also charging head on later.

>eomer, take the left flank
>gamling, go center
>grimbold, take your company right

nice tactics, retard

Maybe dude had bad eyes and the Duck of Death mag was just a newspaper insert.

What do you expect from the man who thought charging gigantic 6-stories tall elephants head on was a good idea?

Hmm, yeah, makes sense.
>Where was gondor when the west fold felt?
>Where was gondor when our enemies closed around us?
>Where was Gon..
Yeah, probably was going to say "Gondor when my son was killed?".

where were you when your son was killed?

oh right, being senile and mind fucked the shit out of by Darth Old man

>sauron
>sauronman

nice job hackson

>charging gigantic 6-stories tall elephants head on
what a shit tier king

>gets cucked by a wizard and a slimeball peasant
>doesn't conscript his troops into war
>be a little bitch says he wont fight for gondor because they would not fight for him, despite refusing to ask for help
>conscripts troops to fight for gondor
>shit tier demoralizing speech basically telling his troops they are gonna die
>terrible battlefield tactics
>charges giant war machines head on
>gets killed in battle

pleb tier king

Gandalf = Manelf

Nice one OP

>I've only seen the film
For some reason they turn him into a bit of a prick in the films, in the books he's a much better character

Why does the Ralph Bashir animated LoTR end after they meet Rohan.

>Where was gondor when my wife's son was killed

Bravo Hackson.

>perhaps we should hear sauron out, i mean he can't be that bad can he
>sure he lives in a desolate wasteland next to a giant, evil volcano and he has a few hosts of evil orcs
>but perhaps he is doing it for the greater good, you know what i mean
>gandalf, i'm tired of this black/white bs like he's evil because we say he is
>you need to chill out compadre
>hey don't point your staff at me
>ok you need to cool down of the roof of my sweet tower until you come to your senses

Why did Sauronman expect Sauroneye to share power?

this is the least comfy LOTR thread i've ever seen.

you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

this is the movies only thread, no nerds allowed

Actually I haven't read the books, I have only watched the original animation of the first two books and the more recent trilogy.

I do actually have the LotR book, but I don't read fiction, it is there so if I ever decide to read fiction that will be the book

WATCH IT, THEODEN KING!

>not everyone ITT is a turbovirgin autist obsessed with a shitty franchise based on a shitty book so it's not le comfy buzzword !11!!

never reply to my posts again you fucking slut or im gonna kick ur ass

He was planning to make a sequel but I guess it didn't work out.

fuck off melkor we're not falling for your shit

he's right, shut the fuck up. Lotr threads are comfy, bring your antisocial personality disorder somewhere else.

What else could he do) He didn't have the force at all to attempt some elaborate tactic. Best thing he could do was just charge them as hard as possible before they start spreading and surrounding him.

This. He blames Gondor, but then realizes he's the one to blame for his son's death. I know OP is baiting, but I want to kick the fuck out of him regardless.

seconding
you are banished forthwith from lotr threads, under pain of death.

Being outnumbered is EXACTLY when you make use of elaborate tactics.
When your host is larger and better equipped you bumrush them ruskies to try to destroy them utterly.

t. Napoleon

shut the fuck up you impotent virgin cuckold autist
don't try to justify the shit that was that "battle" scene with
>b-but what he could he do
a fuckton of lots of things you retard, he's a seasoned military commander and KING
if he's as clever as a halfwit with brain damage he should be a fucking peasant not ruling a country

my boys Ceasar, Alexander and Napoleon would know precisely what do against the oliphaunts but since hackson is a hack, he just wanted to show slaughter to keep the audience of underage virgins nerd entertained for about 15 minutes

can't reason with LOTRfags

at least GOTfags admit the books are shit, at least Henry Potter fags admit the books are for kids but not you
you will never admit your shitty films were made for children and are filled with plot holes and shitty writing

>MUH COMFY LOTR THREDA HURRRRR DUUHHHHH

>i'm going to employ a man literally called wormtongue as my chief counsel

What if he was nicknamed Wormtongue after he was employed, because of the quality of his service?

bestest christmas present ever

>my nephew who is smart and wary will do literally nothing as this literally who creepy disgusting hobo slowly allows an evil wizard to take over my body, and my fellow friends and trusted advisers such as Gamling or the guy who gets eaten by wargs will never suspect that I'm just a puppet in the hands of Saruman even though his orcs are slaughtering our people and everybody knows about this

people will defend this shit writing
maybe in the book its better but in the films the rohan arc was handled so poorly it nearly gave me an aneurysm from all the stupidity I had to endure in such a short amount of time

Your parents never read or told you a fairy tale.

Am i right, user?

I have the extended DVD, does that have more extra content?

Giz a job, go on I can do tha', I can lay bricks, i'm a bricky, go 'ed giz it

it's a lot less retarded in the books. the wormtongue thing is expanded upon a bit more and the rohirrim seem a bit more competent.

the main difference is that theoden decides the best course of action is to charge towards isengard and kill everyone but then sees a giant host of uruks marching towards him and fucks off to helm's deep and is saved by the arrival of erkenbrand and tree people. eomer is at the the battle rather than prancing around with 500000 riders.

I never felt a thing for Arwen but I fell in love watching Liv in the Fellowship making-off.

Cutest woman alive.

Hmm that sucks. The Animation looked like it was live action at certain times. The Balrog was weak though. Pic related.

freefolk of middle earth, i'm SA.RU.MAN

His only advantage was that, for some reason, the Orcs didn't see him coming. He was in position to charge into the flank of the army. Any waiting around would just give the Orcs more time to shift their position.

I rewatch this atleast once a year.

Kate Beckinsale should have been Arwen

No. I love Kate but she like the Evangeline Lily: very hot, but more a pleb kind of beauty.
Evangeline Lily was more accurate because she played a pleb elf.

tolkien hated it.
The 2 styles of animation were really unique though

only if it has the theatrical versions too. some of the extended are pretty shitty.
the bonus materials are pretty good on those though

Not!

Tyler looked ethereal enough and almost flawless.
Galadriel could have been more hot though.

>mfw Theodin looked like that because he was having constant orgasms from Wormtongue worming his tongue in and out of his ass.

I dont know the exact amount of time but im pretty sure it was at least 2 whole generations since anyone had to fight an army that size. If you judge Theodens tactics by todays standards and by knowing what the other side has against him already you are too stupid to comment.

See a lot of norse background and culture with Rohan. To die in battle meant to go to the halls of their fathers with pride. A promise of death in battle is what you live for fighting for Theoden.

Under rated

They should have used MICE.

Because, you know, elephants hate mice. But they are bigger elephants so you need bigger mice. Funnily enough Radagast and his rabbit sled probably would have chopped at Pellenor Fields.

I prefer these desu

mi negro

I got the blu ray extended editions but I heard they fucked with the colours, should I download the iso for the DVDs?

Why were the dead army such a deus ex machina? Like fully upgraded Protoss through a Zerg base.

what do you mean deus ex machina? an unstoppable army of ghosts that only aragorn can control is a perfectly plausible plot device

They were invincible ghosts that had swords that could kill you. It was a deus ex machina alright but an understandable one considering the length of the film and setting up and explaining Dol Amroth to normies etc.

But they still ducked around at the black gate for 30 more mind and the only interesting guy was the teeth dude. Literally underwhelming.

Why didn't Aragorn ordered the ghosts to destroy the ring?

Dramatic tension? Sure Larry Logical would have sent those ghosts into Mordor to clean house, but their oath was to "protect Gondor" not "attack Mordor", however much those two goals might be related.

The only payment aragorn asked of them was to help defending Minas Tirith not attacking Mordor.

They can't. Nothing can, at least in Middle Earth, except Mt. Doom.

Why didn't Aragorn ordered the ghosts to throw the ring into Mt. Doom?

I think Tolkien just ret conned his story with elven bread and ropes and invincible armies. What a hack.

Also nobody important dies. Gandalf comes back 1hr later and Boromir wad greedy for the ring. It's like fuzzy wuzzy good always wins Star Wars shit.

I dont think you know what deus ex machina actually is...

I do and that army is one. So much is built up to the good guys losing horribly and BAM!!!!!

The army of the dead is mentioned from book 1 and 2 you retard

Just what the other user said. Tolkien went back and cheated his writing.

Wut

Giving the ring to the ghosts would make the ghosts all powerful and corrupt moreso than they already were. Imagine if the ghosts fought for the bad guys and only aragorn could fight them

>them

He got stuck and lazy. So he went back and wrote in invincibility and elven gifts.

It was a full charge into the rear and flank of a massive blob of enemies. What more complex tactics did he need?

Go back to the shadow morcuck

No, Theoden had literally no other sensible option. He was there to prevent the fall of Minas Tirith, and it was about to fall as far as he could see. The worst thing he could do in that situation would be to try and do something fancy. There comes a time when going straight up the middle is the best option.

Why didnt they add the Battle Hymn of the Rohirim in the movies. That part was probably the best part of the Battle on the Pellenor fields.

In the book at least, Saruman was plotting to take the ring for himself and possibly supplant Sauron.

That was Hackson. In the book the dead army scares off the flanking force moving up the river, while the Rohirrim and troops from Minas Tirith defeat the main force.

The army of the dead couldnt even kill stuff. They could only inspire terror in the hearts of the orcs.

The ring corrupts, the entire reason why it was entrusted to the hobbits was that they were hard as fuck to corrupt and yet if you've watched, frodo was almost corrupted many times.

Seriously, best extended release ever. The DVD version looks nicer though.

WHERE WAS GON

>tfw no Prince Imrahil and Knights of Dol Amroth in the movies

Blame Jackson, in the book the army of the dead stays around their spooky mountain and Aragorn brings reinforcements from the rest of Gondor. Having the ghosts at Minas Tirith created more story problems than it solved.

this would make more sense. Gandalf was in the wrong. He had no arguments.

>For some reason they turn him into a bit of a prick in the films
Still a much better treatment than Denethor got. Why did they turn him into such an unlikeable retard? It makes Pippin's decision to serve him nonsensical.

>I don't read fiction
any particular reason?

Its not real life

>on a board dedicated to television and film

They only fucked with Fellowship. The other 2 are identical to the DVDs.

Left side of the image is the Blu Ray.