Why is the Matrix Reloaded so underrated?

Why is the Matrix Reloaded so underrated?

>best car chase ever
>great costume design
>amazing action
>great characters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLXaRtc1f4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because people didn't like it as much.

honestly very nisu desu

Morpheus vs the ghost twins is till my favorite matrix fight.

Wasted the twins. The Darth Mauls of the Matrix trilogy.

>that small bit in the parking garage where he swings the sword at them and they dodge a couple times
Shit is so goat

Despite his feats, I still feel Neo was nerfed too hard. The ending of the first Matrix movie implied he was basically unbeatable. But he had too much trouble taking down any of the Agent Smiths.

Too much shitty cg and the movie was essentially part 1 of a shitty two parter

>great character
sorry, no

Every new character that wasn't in the original is garbage. The action is excellent, but everything else is terrible and it shits on what is established in the original

how hard was it for you to resist typing 'based'

> the human race is going to be extinct tomorrow
> let's dance to 90s techno

:^/

I don't know man back when I was 14 I went to the movies and thought it was pretty cool

>great characters
?
>amazing action

The Smiths in Reloaded were basically Smith/Neo hybrids. They alone were far stronger than even the upgraded Agents in the beginning.

It's got top tier action scenes, but the story went off the rails and is fan fiction tier crap

>90% of Zion are shitskins
what did they mean by this?

Neo was supposed to be able to bend the matrix to his will like a fucking god, instead he was just a superhero

There were a limited number of humans for breeding purposes. The last "One" was a cuck supreme.

>Why is the Matrix Reloaded so underrated?

Because the original Matrix was overrated.

Yet here we are over 15 years later, the sequels aged way better than the original.

Reloaded
Pros
>Highway chase
>Monica Beluicci in that fucking dress
Cons
>Everything else

Revolutions
Pros
>None
Cons
>Everything

that's the part im talking about, shit is like ten seconds long but gets me rock hard every time.

>the sequels aged way better than the original
not at all

The sequels aged like shit because they are effects driven. You have scenes like Morpheus slicing a truck with a fucking katana

The original is more character-driven, and because of this it has aged far better

Yeah. He should have been more of a reality warper or at least busted out shit like Telekinesis or Teleportation instead of being a shitty version of superman.

>the sequels aged way better than the original

They stand up as mediocre action flicks.

The original relied on effects just as much, if not more than the sequels, while being based on horribly antiquated technology.
You really cant have that when your movie is about advanced technology that is so powerful it controls the human race.

People are shitheels. Matrix Reloaded is a GOAT action movie and one of those rare sequels that is better than the original (Revolutions notwithstanding). It has all the hallmarks of a movie that the creators really gave a shit about, and it shows.

Reloaded is such a ridiculously weird ending though, that it has clouded the entire series in the myopic minds of critics, who can't see past the last 5 movies they watched.

bullshit anti white propaganda

>The original relied on effects just as much, if not more than the sequels, while being based on horribly antiquated technology.
Except it didn't, you're just plain wrong. Most of the movie was about Neo's psychological journey, as well as Cypher's betrayal. And a lot of the action was just wire-fu

In the sequels it's CGI fucking everywhere, like a live-action video game

Isn't the term Reloaded, synonymous with a remake now. Also the movie has less guns cause of Columbine.

what an objectively wrong reddit opinion

one last party. i remember watching it originally and wishing i couldve been there. that party looked lit

What was the point of the Frenchman and the orgasm cake?

This is headcannon shit, and I doubt the Wachowskis ever considered it. Also, Elrond is a shitty martial artists: watch the Burly Brawl and tell me how many times he goes for the left-handed roundhouse. It's like the only move he knows is a punch. All the more credit to the choreography team for making a thrilling fight when only one guy can really move his arms.

The reason he had trouble in that fight is because A) Neo is not a god, but he has good reflexes and is a little stronger than the average jacked-in human and B) He can still get dog-piled like anybody else.

>Most of the movie was about Neo's psychological journey, as well as Cypher's betrayal.

Yet that all heavily hinges on some an extremely advanced and powerful system. But when that system becomes fucking laughable it ruins the movie. It aged like fucking shit.

Okay we get it man
Matrix is probably the best sci-fi action movie ever made
It's popular therefore we must hate it and praise irredeemable pieces of shit like Reloaded and Revolutions

What system are you talking about?

the matrix should have ended after the first film. the other two flicks are nothing more than mindless action where story structure is all over the place which makes it even more of a chore to watch

In short, it's because the story got too deep into it's own mythology and lore. It was like having A Phantom Menace - with the focus being on tax law and not spending time with Darth Maul, when anyone with common sense would say "Put more of that shit in there"

If it was just, like, "Hey Neo, we need you to shut off the Matrix and wake everybody up" and the machine were like "If you try it we'll just kill everybody first" - it would have done way better. Instead we got the agent smith courtyard fight and the rave sex scene.

Except it doesn't become laughable until the sequels

The matrix as a concept is great.
The matrix as presented aged so poorly that it went from being a revolutionary movie to being a piece of garbage thats barely watchable.

>The matrix was aped endlessly in media because it brought cyberpunk into the mainstream, and now i hate cyberpunk
FTFY

The 90s paged. They want you to shut down that Gateway desktop with Windows ME and 512mb of ram.

It is.

It's not as good as the first, but it's still a good action film. I love the Agent Smith doubles vs Neo fight scene so much.

Worse than just going too deep, Reloaded actively tries to unravel the story the original sets up. The Wachowski Trannies even admit that, that they wanted to "deconstruct" the first film. But all they ended up doing was shitting on it and making a mockery of a movie that people loved

>512mb of ram

Holy shit Nostalgia

>years ago using a computer with a Geforce Fx 5200 and 512mb of ram playing Half Life 2

Reloaded was actually quite praised. It even had a "Luke, I am your father" moment when the Architect revealed the "anomaly" and the destruction of Zion numerous times over.

We were all anticipating really getting mindfucked with Revolutions, yet quite the opposite happened. Revolutions was the most head-scratching sequel I've probbaly ever seen (and not in a good way).

This isn't the problem at all. The issue is that he's too powerful and so every fight is a joke. You don't have any of the desperation you see in the first movie. You're never worried that Neo is in any danger. Every fight is just Neo going through the motions.

The only threat is Smith's infection powers, but the fight surrounding it is so lacking in any sort of tension that it fails to be interesting. It's more comical than a challenge.

>Hop on

havn't seen it for many years but I remember it being a good action flick
revolutions jumped the shark big time

>This isn't the problem at all. The issue is that he's too powerful and so every fight is a joke. You don't have any of the desperation you see in the first movie. You're never worried that Neo is in any danger. Every fight is just Neo going through the motions.

And this is why Rey in TFA was a joke.

the population of Zion is composed of humans that wake up from the Matrix. There's no reason to think white people would wake up more often than others. And robots put all humans in the Matrix. So Zion would reflect the racial makeup of the whole world.Only 17% of the world is white currently, about 1 in 6 people.

>The matrix as presented aged so poorly
How?

You didn't answer the question. You just repeated your earlier comment. What part of the "system" is laughable?

People mistakenly thought the first movie was "deep" and were somehow shocked when the sequels were "more of the same" with a bigger budget and bigger set pieces.

It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't as good as the first one.

The freeway scene is definitely the best action piece from the whole trilogy though.

thats a fucking retarded comparison.

Are you guys all fags. The "visionaries" that made thsee movies are trannies now.

>Only 17% of the world is white currently, about 1 in 6 people.

>Things that are completely true but you will never hear anyone who claims to be "for minorities" mention

Whites are practically already a minority in America, and people still act like we're the "oppressive majority"

so then why are all agents white males?

*BRAAAAAAAAP*

so what? how insecure can you be, you little whiny faggot?

One is a tranny, but I don't really expect Sup Forums to be on top of current events. Or reality.

Like, how one of the creators having a fucked-up mind has anything to do with a movie his name is on.

You're an idiot. The primary complaint with the two sequels is that they went way too far up their own ass with the philosophical bullshit.

Why are we encouraging mental diseases

Both are

who cares

Right twins can turn into ghosts what can Hugo Weaving do just punch you and turn you into him and I guess he learned to fly but still lame as fuck.

Switch from the first movie was supposed to be a man who becomes a woman in the Matrix, ie his true self-image.
They were trying to push their gay agenda since day one.

Honestly I like Reloaded better than the first one. The fight scenes are epic, the trench coats and clothing are beautiful, the music is great, the script is full of deep kabbalistic allegory, and there is the best car chase scene ever committed to film.

The only flaw was the like only like carribbean islanders and puerto ricans in zion? That's a pretty "leftist" slant on the whole zion thing hahahaha.

What drags the whole series down is the 3rd film. The fights were all like 100% cgi bullshit that looked like a video game FMV. Neo and Smith looked like DBZ. No one liked anyone in Zion.

And?

They should of had a point in the second when he got beat down by Smith or the twins or something and then ended it then we would of gotten the suspense until the last movie came out.

Lana, not my proudest fap

That based General or whatever that commanded the Gundam units was pretty sweet everyone else was shit though.

Fags.

I'm excited for one of them to put a bullet in their brains.

The big issue to me is that the first movie feels more like a western (they're pretty explicit about it sometimes). Fights aren't 20 minute long marathons, they're short bursts with lots of build up and tension.

The sequel fights have none of this. Neo doesn't go mano a mano with a single Smith. He fights a million of them, and it loses any impact.

More like the Watch out skeeze amirite?

>The only flaw was the like only like carribbean islanders and puerto ricans in zion? That's a pretty "leftist" slant on the whole zion thing hahahaha.

It was filmed in Australia I believe, they just grabbed a bunch of backpackers or spring breakers and turned them loose doing what they normally do.

You know it won't turn you gay if you watch it. It's just a kung-fu flick.

Yeah it's dumb when they basically have bowling pin sound effects for all the smiths knocking around.

Holy shit, why are you retards always so triggered?

i wish i was this edgy

>Matrix Reloaded: General release May 15, 2003
>Matrix Revolutions: General releases November 5, 2003

LAST FUCKING TIME you'll see a studio release two blockbuster sequels in the same year. It's always going to be next-year bullshit, from here until the end of time.

There's probably more than a year gap between the Infinity Wars, fucking horrible movie pacing.

When is Mike going to finish the Matrix's Plinkett review?

I blame the Special Effect probably telling them "oh yeah we could make him fight hundreds at once it will look great" Maybe if Trinity and Morpheus were chased by the Agents like normal but then the Smiths start chasing them, that way Neo could of had his big duel with twins.

waiting a year just makes more sense.

LOTR were all filmed at the same time, but the year gap between releases was the way to go.

You're an idiot and a dial-tone if you don't like the bowling pins or dominoes sfx. It's amusing, it's subtle and it's funny.

No Wilhelm scream either thank Christ. I am really getting tired of hearing it in every single big movie. I think Zooptopia had a Wilhelm, for fuck's sake.

They had to capitalize quick. The matrix was loosing steam fast and revolutions was the nail in the coffin.

Also Revolutions because the people in the matrix revolt and because the matrix itself revolves and was made multiple times.

Bravo Nolan

>waiting a year just makes more sense.
This sounds like something a Jew would say.

Waiting a year makes more sense if your goal is to make as many shekels as possible, or to limply extend the life of your IP by spacing out your vapid storylines lest people become aware they are being tricking into seeing the same shitty movie over and over.

Two Towers and Return of the King were both shot at the same time, released less than a year apart and ROTK won Best Picture at the (inb4 who gives a fuck about the Oscars).

>bowling pin sound effect is subtle
>wilhelm scream is going too far
Your metric is all fucked up, bro. There's nothing subtle about either of those sound effects.

Neither is humor something that should be inserted into an existential battle between the protagonist and his supposedly deceased arch nemesis. This moment should be scary and strange. Smiths real world fight with Neo after possessing a human was far better for this exact reason.

At least they didn't go with Revolutions part 1 and part 2 Ala twilight, Harry potter and hungry bitch.

BECAUSE THE CGI FIGHT WITH 100 SMITHS LITERALLY RUINS THE FILM BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO FUCKING AWFUL

it was way too early to try and do a full fight in cgi, that would probably still look shit now

It's George Lucas all over again. Creators don't understand what fans loved, even though the fans (and the media) will make itemized lists detailing with insane scrutiny why things are liked, and things aren't

and the content creator is quite literally pic related

It's the American way, now.

Your head is too far up your ass. For all the bullshit highschool philosophic shit in the movies, they have never been taken that seriously by the creators as it's always been fun. The Burly Brawl fight scene is ridiculous on it's face; the use of absurd sound effects and Smith quipping at quite moments should have made this obvious.

They changed the ending of their franchise for the game so you could fight a proper end-boss. They are not Lucas. It's why we'll (hopefully) never get another Matrix IP.

I'm not the dude you are arguing with, but

>LEL THE MOVIES ARE JUST FOR FUN

Matrix 1 was horrifying in scope, concept, and a number of times the raw execution. There were points where very minor humor was thrown in (Like when Neo is training) but the Heroes are clearly out of danger and in their own element. The more light hearted aspects work

But if you think the first Matrix is just a quirky fun action movie with goofs and gags throughout you are quite literally retarded