How the fuck do sanctions solve anything?

How the fuck do sanctions solve anything?

it's just another tool in a superpowers arsenal

They don't, it's the most aggressive way to respond without using weapons

Your cunt is just punishing the average Venezuelan on top of what they have to deal with internally

Why should the U.S. support a dictator who is on the verge of becoming Castro 2.0

Imposing sanctios worsens the quality of life of the average citizen

The elite arent affected at all by it. They'll still be eating caviar and drinking champagne regardless of a fucking sanction

>SJWs have been whining at us to impose sanctions on Greatest Ally Israel for years
>we impose sanctions on a single person who committed obvious election fraud and the world chimps out

We froze Maduro's assets, retard leaf, we haven't touched the Venezuelan oil industry or economy in general yet

>The elite arent affected at all by it.

F R O Z E
H I S
A S S E T S
W H I C H
A R E
U N D E R
O U R
J U R I S D I C T I O N

They give Americans the impression their president is not a traitor

>>SJWs have been whining at us to impose sanctions on Greatest Ally Israel for years
Why?
Palestine?

Theyre not supposed to. It's a tool of economic warfare

Your govt froze Iran's assets and yet that didn't stop anything. It just made Iranians hate the US more for punishing the citizens

>H I S
does that include his accounts with other frontman?

They don't when the targeted country just has a best buddy who sends them more to make up for it.

I have an assumption you might be talking about North Korea given the amount of news involving it today and that's the issue. Every new sanction is met with China sending them more shit because we refuse to punish China as well for aiding and abetting their actions.

The problem with NK is that the world is too full of feel good "love and peace, bro" liberal cucks that have spent 20 years saying the solution to the North Korean problem is talking.

We've been talking with them since the 80s and guess where that's gone? In that time their entire military doubled, they've upgraded most of their weapons, gained a lot of new ones, made several nukes and several longer and longer range missiles.

Talking sure has done so fucking much.

>We froze Maduro's assets

And whose pockets do you think his money will be coming from next?

t. illegal who got sent back to his home country within the past few months.

>worsens the quality of life of the average citizen
That's the point. It's there to cause economic damage and increase internal unrest to destabilize the power base of the ruling elite.

>The problem with NK is that the world is too full of feel good "love and peace, bro" liberal cucks that have spent 20 years saying the solution to the North Korean problem is talking.

Tell you what pal, when the shots ring out your fat virgin ass can be at he front of the line. Hopefully your fat ass can absorb some bullets so others more deserving of life can survive.

How much more fucked up can Venezuela get?

They're like full anarchy

You realize that geopolitics isn't a zero-sum game, and that talk negotiations were actually improving until Bush Jr?

Talks further deteriorated under Obama because of precedents set with Libya losing its nuclear capabilities as it discarded its centrifuge, and the limited global response with the Crimean annexation when Ukraine made nuclear supply limitations with Russia circa 2010.

The message is clear: Survival requires nuclear enarment, and Junche isn't possible without expansionism. The latter is extremely dangerous, there partnership with China is preferred.

Talk is literally all they can do.

sanctions damage the economy
if the economy is shit people attack the government

that's what is supposed to happen. but in reality it doesn't work.

Iran, NK, Russia, Burma, Cuba has any of there citizens risen up and overthrown their governmetns?

Cuba and Iran both voluntarily came to the bargaining table after sanctions and both have softened their stances. Cuba especially was trying to make amends with the states and open up some trade. The problem with NK and Russia is that they have allies that support them enough that they can scrape by without western trade. Russia is definitely hurting and Putin most certainly is feeling the pressure but this stuff can take decades, especially with a giant country with Russia.

Sanctions work best in conjunction with other means. If nothing else they demonstrate a coordinated effort to attack a country and signify global support for the cause against them.

The US exports billions worth of goods to Russia every year, and the increasing sanctions have damaged the Ruble and Russia's economy. While Putin obviously isn't going to bitch out that easily, it definitely is making things harder on him.