Reminder that the Jedi unilaterally staged a coup to remove the lawful chancellor of the Republic during wartime

Reminder that the Jedi unilaterally staged a coup to remove the lawful chancellor of the Republic during wartime

Palpatine did nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Sith_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Civil_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Wars
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Galactic_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Sith_Wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How exactly?

Mace maybe tried to by himself, but what makes you think that?

>unilaterally
I seem to recall something about "the senate will decide your fate"

The Galactic Republic literally outlawed Sith as a result of all the wars with them 3,000 years before Ep 1.

The Jedi were upholding existing law by removing a Sith chancellor.

>Outlawing certain religious groups we don't agree with

Were the jedi muslims?

It was more the equivalent of outlawing jihadists.

Why did Sheev's face get all fucked uo from the lightning? I thought his face was like that in ROTJ because he's old af

He is the Senate, and he decided he would live

There were literally zero terrorist attacks from the Sith in nearly 3000 years

I always thought he was in control of it. When he used holograms with the separatists he had the wrinkly face, didn't he?

It was actually supposed to be from aging and the dark side taking its toll on his body, however Lucas between 2 and 3 decided to make Sheev look younger for some reason and did the lightning instead.

>sith was good boi
>he dindu nuffin

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Sith_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Civil_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Wars
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Galactic_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_War
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Sith_Wars

If I was the galactic republic after all this I'd be tired as shit of Sith antics too

is this even canon?

sith did not nothing wrong

is this some new meme?

>Conspire against the Republic by being behind a treasonous Confederate rebellion
>Sent assassin to murder Senator and ultimately murders a Jedi Master
>Creates galactic war that ravages countless lives and homes
>Create slave army
>Order genocide of gaurdian order
>Order genocide of younglings
Sheev dindu nuffin

the Republic is pretty much Iran.

semi-secular, somewhat democratic government but all overlooked by a small fundamentalistic religious elite.

>only the sith deal in absolutes
>oh by the way you can't have sex because that is the path to the dark side

the Jedi were the guardians of peace in the republic
they literally put them in charge of their armies

they had every right to arrest the sith lord who started the entire war

if our president was a traitor it wouldn't matter that he was was elected

he would be arrested by democratically legitimized authorities though.

The president can only be tried by the senate.
The Jedi wanted to murder sheev without a trial.

there's literally nothing wrong with anything you just said. get over yourself

#notallsith

>countless lives
It was fucking robots and souless clones. He seized power from a fanatic cult that brainwashed gifted children from a young age and shamed them into having no emotions.

>for some reason

Its called terrible writing. Lucas is a hack, the plebquels confirm this.

>There were literally zero terrorist attacks from the Sith in nearly 3000 years
>Only 200 Americans have died from terrorism since 2002
>If you don't count the events where they killed a ton of people, they didn't really kill that many people

which the jedi were since the senate approved of them

Windu only wanted to kill him after the fight, the original plan was to arrest him

>the senate will decide your fate
>I'll kill you before it comes to that though
The Jedi were monsters, just like the Sith.
t. Atton

#PrayForAlderaan

That's what UNLIMITED POWER does to you. Nothing happened to Dooku when he used lightning because he limited his power.

>it's "legal" so i guess it can't be helped!
t. cuck

Because they had evidence that he was funding war against the Republic. There was literally nothing unlawful about their actions.

>arrested by democratically legitimized authorities though
Like the commander-in-chief of the republics armies? You know Mace Windu?

Mace Windu acting as commander of the republic's forces can certainly arrest the leader of the CiS forces who is also a Sith.

It's funnier when you actually try to excuse the actions of Palpatine with some sort of logic. Just repeating, "it was nothing wrong, it was nothing wrong, it was nothing wrong" is lazy and low effort.

Sup Forums used to be better than this.

Lightning revealed his true form

"We're keepers of the peace not soldiers"

The EU books used to be canon. But after Disney all of a sudden they aren't.

Some of the Old Republic books were canon too, but it was mostly used by people who wanted to write Star Wars fan fiction without having to conform to the structure that was established by previous authors.

For example Timothy Zahn wrote the Thrawn books and Aaron Allston and Michae Stackpole wrote the X-Wing series that took place directly after the death of the Emperor. They established characters and events that took place. To write a book during or directly after these events and author would have to form their books including these characters and acknowledge these events. When they wrote the Yuuzhan Vong series, they included characters established such as Mara Jade and talked about events that happened written by previous authors.

Old Republic books and the Sith Wars were a great sandbox for writers who wanted to write books about Jedi and Sith fighting great wars, or stories about their own made-up Jedi having adventures, such as Knight Errant.

None of this is actually proven to anyone besides the viewer faggot.

>Create slave army
not true
>Order genocide of gaurdian order
>Order genocide of younglings
I don't think you know what that word means

Disregarding that the clones are technically lives, the clone wars ravaged multiple worlds and species, from geonosisians to wookie and more

They still were put in charge of the army.

Why though.
They are Jedi, not generals.Plus, putting your army in the hands of a religious sect is not a good idea at all.

Well yes of course but we weren't arguing over whether he got away with it. That's a given.

Yes that is actually correct, terror attacks in the west are a joke in terms of severity, blown out of proportion by the media. Also, maybe someone intervened in Syria first and perhaps this created a big target on their back. Really makes you think

But he didn't do anything wrong. You're like one of those libertarians going on about how taxation is theft yada yada yada. Face it, a state has to exist, if there is no state, or the existing state is too weak, a new one will replace it.

The Republic had clearly grown ineffective and full of hubris. Poverty and slavery were still widespread throughout the galaxy, and criminals like the Hutts were powerful and acted with careless disregard one the laws.

Criminals obviously existed under the Empire, but at least there were steps taken to curb their actions. The whole plot about Han being in debt to Jabba was because he had been boarded by Imperial Cruises; Jabba and his minions never faced those sort of regulations in the days of the weak Republic.

Sheev saw a galaxy in disrepair and dreamed to make it great again.

They are a bit more than a religions sect. The things they claim they could actual demonstrate. Lifting objects, predicting the future, ECT. Also martial arts skills and a vast education.

>military leader arresting political leader during wartime under mere suspicion of military pawn.
>Not a coup

Because they have been the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic for centuries or something, it made sense to make all of them Generals and put them in charge of the army I guess.

I don't know what Lucas was thinking but considering there was no formal Republic army before the guys who could use the force seems like the best option.

Except you see tatooine in much the same state under empirical rule.

Contrary to popular belief, authoritarian mean guys don't mean efficiency simply because you want to feel that's the case.

May the Force be with you. Boom

He's supposed to fix the entire fucking galaxy in less than twenty years. All of this, mind you, while an obviously unpopular rebel force is constantly conducting attacks on the new Empire.

>He's supposed to fix the entire fucking galaxy in less than twenty years.
That was supposed to be a question, forgot the questionmark.

>Implying he intended to fix it and didn't just want unlimited power

literally the only problems the Republic was facing were created by Palpatine and his machinations

Political office doesn't protect you from recrimination if you are also the local mob boss and outlawed cult leader at the same time and get caught. In fact you'd likely receive more censure on account of abusing your office.

>When he used holograms with the separatists he had the wrinkly face, didn't he?
I dont think we ever see his face in the hologram.

Agreed, but my point is they had no proof other than Anakin's "He's a sith", which really doesn't prove anything, especially since Anakin is hardly a neutral party. Sure it confirms their suspicions, but there is still no hard evidence to connect him to anything else.

>terror attacks in the west are a joke in terms of severity, blown out of proportion by the media.
If you don't count the one that killed a ton of people

>Clones
>Souless

Maybe for Sheev and those limp dicked senators.
At least the Jedi treated them like people and Sheev considered everyone not better than a piece in his master scheme.

"A ton of people"
Really? Compared to what? Traffic accidents? Homicides? Heart failure?

I still can't believe Lucas pulled this political shit in the prequels. He was too intelligent for my younger self.

Compared to not flying two fucking planes into skyscrapers you dimwit. That is such a non-argument

>statistically you are more likely to die from X than from Y so why are you mad that I want to increase your chances of dying from Y hehe