Awfully aged movies

what are some movies that have aged like garbage over the years? Be it the special effects, the plot, or the way it was shot. Recently watched the matrix trilogy and I can't believe how shit it's become. The first movie is still great and holds up, but then you have reloaded and revolutions. What went wrong? The matrix had so much potential but instead we get
>awful Zion orgy rave scene?
>unnecessary orgasm scene with the Frenchman
>obvious Green screen for any fighting scene
>CGi neo spinning when he flies
Christ what were they thinking

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-HYj5cLfEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First one was kino as fuck
The rest garbage

Don't know about the last two but the first one still looks good.

Exactly, how could they fuck it up so bad after having such a good set up from the first film

NEO, THIS IS LOCO!

The second one is just as good as the first.

Only plebs say its terrible.

I however liked the train man scene from the 3rd movie, the scene when Neo and Trinity fly up high to be in a paradise sky for a few seconds. Afterwise yeah its by far the weakest

Strange Days

No the scenes where it's in the matrix are great. But everything outside of it is boring bullshit. Another goofy ass thing that was unnecessary was the added bowling pin effect sound when neo knocks over the smith agents

kys

lol

Yeah nice argument fucking loser 2 and 3 are garbage get over it

This movie was dogshit. Compared to the original, it's a fucking joke. Right from the start they hamfist Christian allegory to the point where it's unbearable. The original had tact, it stated the same things subtly, it was calm and cool about it. This one immediately starts shitting itself over saying grace and having the guy do the bullshit Christian argument "is it worth doubting the existence of Jesu- er I mean """""Santa Claus""""" if you might get to heav- errr I mean might get presents if you believe?"

This was painful to watch. Everything is over or underacted, the characters are charicatures, the original little girl has more aciting talent in her pinky toe than this girl has period, and John Hammond is one of the worst Santa Clauses I have ever seen, clearly expenses were spared on the budget.

How embarassing. How can you get a movie so wrong when you've got 50 years to do it right?

And before you cry bias, this is the first time I'd seen either film, and the 1947 one was massively superior.

I like the trilogy. They had those classic cinematography, scenes and moments, character writings, dialogues, story and plot depth that worked so well both on narrative and allegorical level. You'd be hard-pressed to find all those things nicely fit together in recent years movies.

Christ I forgot about this movie

Pretty much any action movie from the early 2000's

Particularly Daredevil

Reloaded still has the best car chase ever filmed in it, I'm eagerly awaiting a reboot so it's considered cool to like the original trilogy on Sup Forums because I've been on that contrarian train since day 1.

What did the little spoon bending aids kid mean?????

he represented genderbending, basically saying "there is no gender"

gotta post it aint I

thanks YIFY

MORPHEUS IS FIGHTING NEO

>bowling pin effect sound when neo knocks over the smith agents

So I'm not the only one... Usually a give-away sign for a shitty sequel.

The intro of Romeo + Juliet hurts my balls. I dunno how well the rest of the movie holds up, but I remember thinking it was cool shit in high school.

I dunno. I watched it like five years ago and it was alright in a retro sort of way. A lot of nineties movies aged worse.

I need to rewatch the trilogy. I watched the first movie a shitload of times but I've never rewatched the sequels.

You're not missing much.

Matrix wasn't supposed to be a trilogy and the sequels were shot back to back which cuts costs but hurts the quality.

Even the first Matrix is raped by time.

It's not that good. Pretty basic action movie.

I heard someone say this before on the Matrix and it really sums up the whole problem:

No one cared about the plot in depth. Just the idea of it and the action scenes. They went full philosophical and world buildy when the appeal was just action scenes and "dude what if its true and we're in a matrix dude like whoa"

The sequels stories were awful, but the action scenes inside the matrix were fucking awesome and still are.

The car chase in reloaded is still one of the best scenese ever and the music during it is awesome

Reloaded and Revlotions were always shit, desu.

this, desu.

The battle of Zion still looks amazing for a 13 year old movie tho. I rewatched Revolutions recently and was honestly shocked by how well that entire sequence holds up

Rambo 3

>basic action movie
I see the philosophical themes went right over your head. Or straight through it without hitting anything ...

Because the sequels are just standard Hollywood CGI cartoons. They were never planned for, and were only made due to commercial demands.

>Do not try to bend the spoon. That's impossible.
Meaning that it's impossible under the physical laws imposed by the Matrix

>Instead, only try to realise the truth ... there is no spoon
The spoon is an illusion created by the Matrix. If you have the right skillz, you can manipulate this fake reality yourself..

Basically, the kid was a badass hacker.

anything by hitchcock

First one has aged quite well and it's pleasanat to watch.
Reloaded and Revolutions not so much since they are not so tightly written and, while overall actions looks very good, there are a lot of shots that are plastic looking due to CGI. So, nice moments that don't make good mocies.

The first movie holds up just fine. The only part that's shit is at the very end when Smith explodes.

or maybe it was always shit, saw it first time last year

The Avengers.

>let's cash in on Jason Bourne AND the poker fad

>neogaf

spotted the sonynigger

Fantastic as a radio play, but the visuals look like a guy trying out a Microsoft video editor for the first time.

Die

What???? Watch this scene and tell me the dramatic cuts didnt make your spine tingle.
The birds special effects even haunt me to this day.
youtube.com/watch?v=5-HYj5cLfEI

The CGI in the Mummy movies looks terrible.

nothing beats Jurassic park for its shitty CGI.

This. I never understood the following Jurassic Park has. It's literally SW prequel tier bad.