What TV should I get anons?

What TV should I get anons?

Samsung quatum dot TVs are the equivalent of LG OLED, just much cheaper. Get one of them

Really? I've never heard anyone say any LCD comes close to an OLED

yep. comparing stats, OLED is better but look at comparison vids. difference is negligible

Do they make any that are 1080p by chance? Can't seem to find any

So this picture means LED is better because it's got more things, right?

PooLED

>Poockon Poord

walkie, you here m8?

more like occan's razor thing, simpler is better

Based Straffo

>occan's razor

Staffo should have died in the floods

his roof did though

and his roof still has the spiderwebs that his fire couldn't get rid of

Hopefully his mum will drive him into floodwaters as a murder-suicide

UPDATE:

his roof is fucked

however, he did get triggered looking for skips to clear his flood damage

Quantum or OLED.

Are all anons just plebs that watch shit on a laptop? That's what I'm getting from this

Get a LED/LCD (or plasma if you can find one) now. Get a OLED in about five years.

OLED if you enjoy shitting on your couch watching cardoons

I watch it on my laptop, don't care much about super quality unless I watch something on TV or the cinema.

4K is a scam.
Just to give you heads up.
Not worth a single dime more even with HRD.
If you have good LCD TV with IPS panel than you have isf modes for day and night and that is all you need.

Isn't 4k the new standard, though.
Unlike 3D that was a gimmick from the start, 4k is just higher quality that seems to be used more often, similiar to 60fps (which I don't see being used everywhere, but certainly more often in the future).

> these Oblivious Sup Forums tards posting in a big, strong, muscular and elite /Cric/ thread

kek

KEK

K-E-K

>4k is just higher quality that seems to be used more often
I had opportunity to observe 4K and FullHD tv sets net to each other because I know the guy in the shop.
I compared few models and some very expensive ones.
reality is that 4K is still a hot mess and the standard of what 4K defines varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
It will be a thing to have maybe in 4-5 years but not now.

They still make plasma TVs?

>"Sound is the most important part of movies"
>Enjoys YIFY torrents

Ah, yes, that is true. I had to convince my father not to buy a 4k TV yet since the standard is not really there yet. I'd assume even buying one from 2012 or so would still have similiar quality to most of the TVs that are out now.

That was dumb. 4K is here now and the televisions are beautiful. They are still expensive, which is problematic to poor minority groups but if you have $1000 you can get a top of the line that will be just as grand in 5 years, then buy a new one.

>Get a OLED in about five years.

Maybe 3 at the rate right now.

>4K is a scam.

Right now. Yes. When it becomes the standard, no. We will all have 4K and 16K and so on TVs someday.

it it true that all the 4k Blurays are up-scaled 2K?

65 Samsung KS 8000 owner here (its named KS9000 in burgerlands).

Bright and colorful scenes look a lot better than on LG flagship OLED. It's almost perfectly calibrated out of a box. Colors look beautiful, there is no blue tint like on OLED's. Grey uniformity is also perfect, there is no dirty screen effect.
It's extremely bright, and can sustain over 500 cd/m^2 luminance, and in HDR it peaks at about 1500 cd/m^2. OLEDs can sustain something like 180 cd/m^2 and peak at 600 cd/m^2.

Downsides : Dark scenes look worse than on OLED's. Thanks to VA panel contrast is very high and it has local dimming feature (tv can change its backlight in various zones).
It does have some clouding, not much but it's visible in dark HDR shows like Daredevil.

If you want a tv for daily room with windows, get Samsung. If you enjoy watching movies in a fully dark room, and you are getting annoyed by minor clouding/visible backlight get OLED.

I bought a 1080p tv just a few months ago.

The reality is that upscaling 1080p content to 4k is always going to look worse than downscaling 4k content to 1080p.

Downscaling is easy to do right.
Upscaling is hard to do right.

>Not worth a single dime more even with HRD.
>4K is a scam.

Not true. Fake 4K upscales and low bitrate 4k is a scam. High bitrate 4k HDR looks amazing.

The Grand Tour on my KS 8000 (amazon streams it in 4k HDR with better bitrate than Netflix) looks absolutely amazing.
Same with Youtube HDR from some professional channels.

Some are 2k and some are 4k. Read the labels.

>It does have some clouding, not much but it's visible in dark HDR shows like Daredevil.

This is why I never want to buy another LED ever again.

Dark scenes have to be perfect.

In that case Samsung KS series aren't for you. Every edge lit LED, especially the bigger ones will have some clouding.

Alternatively you can get KS 9500 (KS9800 in america), it has Full Array backlight with about 150 separate zones, but sadly it only comes in curved version and it's pretty thick.

Some are some aren't you really need to look this one up I am sure I saw database about it somewhere.
I know the martian is upscaled and I think few of the Michael Bay moves are even recorded at 2K,since no one records analog anymore which can be digitally mastered to 20K if you want not 4K.

> High bitrate 4k HDR looks amazing.
I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the demos I saw in the store were not up to spec but that would be crazy since they were sony/lg supplied.
But I am not convinces just as I wasn't when I saw 3D one.

I have a 60 inch plasma from Panasonic that works fine until the OLED prices go down enough for me to finally get the 70-80 inch OLED I want on my living room wall.

>4k TV yet since the standard is not really there yet.

4K standard is here, nothing will change. The problem is HDR because there are multiple standards - HDR10 (open one) and Dolby Vision (license one, run with a DRM chip so no software update possible later), VP9 - a youtube one.

Only LG oleds can play both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Samsung tv's can only play HDR10 and VP9

>4K standard is here, nothing will change.
Just yesterday they called it UHD.
They dont even have the name right let lone the resolution and what not locked on.
Give me a break.

This is a good reason not to buy a new TV right now.

The dust has yet to settle on 4K, OLED and HDR.

When 4K is on 90% of TV, OLED becomes as cheap as LED, and HDR becomes a standard on all TVs, then it will be the best time to buy a new TV.

>I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the demos I saw in the store were not up to spec but that would be crazy since they were sony/lg supplied.

You can only really enjoy HDR in a dark/dim light room though. Specs for it are the same like with Medical Monitors, max ambient light should be less than 15 lux.

Also for tv to display HDR properly it needs a good panel. Currently there are two standards of mastering HDR1000 and HDR4000, with peak brightness being respectively 1000 cd/m^2 and 4000 cd/m^2.

Obviously 4000 cd/m^2 is not achievable outside professional movie studio monitors, but 1000+ is.
Many tv's can play HDR but it only looks good on a few currently available - either OLEDs that have infinite contrast or very bright ones like Samsung KS line

>Just yesterday they called it UHD.
>They dont even have the name right l

They do. Standard is called Ultra HD Premium and it was already published.

That is true if you already have a good tv.

ITT broke faggots

So OLED is better or LED?

>yeah just got Tesla dude
>but there is a nice bmw for the price
>poorfag
>*self incinerates because of new battery tech*
see where this is going

Please 2mm of the wall space wont give you shit if you by getting LED,just dark color turning gray headaches.
By a proper TV with IPS or VA panel.
If you have console get A-IPS if you can,they have 8ms lag and the picture is still amazing.

that depends. OLED is a brand owned by LG.
Do you really want an LG tv?

like is said here it depends on what you are going to use it for.

Another thing with current OLED is that they have an aggressive automatic brightness limiter - it will start dimming after few minutes of displaying a static bright picture, and they suffer from burn in effect (like old plasmas but it's not permanent) so they might not be a good choice for games because if you play an FPS shooter your will see a ghost image of your HUD 10 minutes later.

what's wrong with lg tv?

Google it lazy faggot

Nothing,Samsung marketing is too strong.
same as Nvidia vs AMD

I only trust Sup Forums users

Aren't this fucking TVs like a thousand bucks only ?

Ive had 2 and the controller just feels shit. Also one wouldn't play mkv files. but Im being picky desu

>thousand
Are we talking mid range?
yeah you can get panasonic for that price with dubious/average performance.
If im playing $40 for a bluray you bet your ass I will watch on a good home theater setup.

good goy :^)

>Sound is the most important part of the movie
>I have a 7 speaker sound system

>Watches YIFI

I'm triggered as fuck

>talking shit about home theater setups
>on Sup Forums
there is a reason why patricians exist.
Now go watch yifi on your laptop.

Post your setup brokeboi

here it is

.!. ;^)

>Nothing,Samsung marketing is too strong.

Yeah i guess. They advertise their "perfect blacks" but you will still see the backlight, it just how LED technology is.
It's not really visible in normal movies/scenes but it can be annoying (like that club scene in Neon Demon at the start of the movie)

Plasma. Whatever you do, don't buy an LG OLED. LG OLED's have worse burn-in than plasma and are pretty much guaranteed to be bricks in 4 years or less.

0.01 shekels hasve been deposited

lmao poor kys

ebin

Thank god I got a plasma when Panasonic was about to stop selling them.

get a sony bravia with android tv on it so you get install kodi on it and watch everything.

I'm looking at Samsung KS 8000 vs KU7000. Is the KS 8000 definitely worth $350 more? It's tough because I've watched a 65" KU7000 before and it was fantastic, but there's a lot more hype regarding the KS 8000

apparently the 8000/9000 have better sound and other different parts for higher price

KS will be a lot better for HDR as it has local dimming feature and is about 4 times brighter

>local dimming feature
its half assed way to increase illusion of better picture.
I have nothing against you user but I will always be against this feature no matter the brand.
I bet the people that like this also drink their morning coffee with 4 spoons of sugar and cream because is too bitter to them.

I drink my morning coffee black, freshly grinded, with no sugar.

Also i agree with you.

>people here unironcally recommending "nanocrystal" samsungs versus the clearly superior OLED
Not sure why Samsung hasn't developed an AMOLED screen like the one they put in their phones, but OLED/AMOLED is fundamentally better than any other LED. Yes there is burn in similar to Plasmas but it isn't perfect and I can confirm Chinese cartoons look pretty good on an OLED. I got mine for cheap since I have a friend who works at a retailer that was selling the old 2015 OLEDs earlier this year.

There's no harm in waiting but if my TV broke right now I would look between Plasma or OLED, those still provide the best picture

>living in a cardboard shed

>literal shed
oh boy