Has never flown the Millennium Falcon or anything like it

>has never flown the Millennium Falcon or anything like it
>first time she sits in its cockpit she outflies expert First Order pilots by performing absurd maneuvers in very tight spaces
>also somehow knows more about the ship than Han Solo, the man who owned and used it for decades
>has never been trained in the Force
>somehow manages to perform jedi mind tricks on people AND resist a Sith's mind tricks
>has never had any training in lightsaber dueling or even held a lightsaber in her hand before
>manages to outForce and overpower a Sith apprentice who, while injured and still in training, knows much more about the force and dueling than she does
>also somehow he earns the entire Resistance's trust and is sent on a solo mission to find Lue Skywalker, whom the Resistance has been looking for for years
>speaks Wookie and Droid

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not a Mary Sue

So what's the point of episodes 8 and 9 when we already know this bitch is stronger and smarter than everyone else? How exactly do you develop such a character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig
youtube.com/watch?v=4iqN68PejEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shes a strong female character, aint gotta explain shit to you

go cry more white male cis scum

The same way you develop Superman.

By showing the burden perfection and realizing you can't save everyone despite all that power.

By eventually understanding that others need to stand on their own without your help in order to truly be free.

Or just make her evil.

>Or just make her evil.
That would be nice cause it would mean she has to die in the end

she's the reincarnation of darth vader you dumbo
that's why she can do all the shit and "doesn't know how she knows how to do it"

A Mary Sue tends to be an idealized self insert, and it's usually in a fan fic, not official source material

>is rey a mary sue?

yes, pretty obviously

>does that excuse your neckbeard whining about a kids fantasy movie

no get a life

Why can't a man who can turn back time save everyone?

The whole think has inconsistancies like a PTSD Finn killing his own friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig

>expecting logic
"It ain't that kinda movie, kid." - Harrison Ford to Mark Hamill, on the set of Star Wars

Be a good goy and enjoy it, it's a fun action film don't think about it

Well she was left with the guy who owned the Millennium Falcon on Jakku.

What makes you think he can do it all the time

> Go on board about film and television
> Complain about people talking about the highest grossing film in the world this decade

Kylo Ren is strong with the force, but also fucked up mentally and physically a bit of a mong.

The only reasonable conclusion is that he is inbred, but also the child of two force sensitive individuals, hence his sith power despite being such a tard.

Clearly Han and Leia didn't have the strongest marriage, so most likely Luke pulled a fast one while Han was out one day, and Leia and Luke agreed to never speak of it again.

> Episode 8
> Kylo and Luke in a battle to the death
> Luke pauses
> "You don't know what happened to your father, do you?"
> "Yeah, I killed him last movie, dumbass."
> "No, I am your father."
> Kylo spergs out

Pure kino.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I agree, but calling dumbass TiE pilots experts is silly

He did that once, in the fucking Donner movies.

I like how when Anakin and Luke are just shown as ace pilots like in The Phantom Menace and A New Hope, it's fine because they're attuned with the force and/or genetics but when it's Rey, it's this completely unbelievable feat.

>>has never flown the Millennium Falcon or anything like it
after chase scene she literaly says
>I've flown some ships, but
I've never left the planet.
the same experience as Luke, who at the end of ANH fought in space battle alond battle hardened pilots and managed to destroy death star

>>also somehow knows more about the ship than Han Solo, the man who owned and used it for decades
no, she knew that a new part was intalled when Han was not around and how it affected the ships performance

>>has never been trained in the Force
you dont know that, she was left on the planet in mysterious circumstances and has amnesia

>>somehow manages to perform jedi mind tricks on people AND resist a Sith's mind tricks
>has never had any training in lightsaber dueling or even held a lightsaber in her hand before
>manages to outForce and overpower a Sith apprentice who, while injured and still in training, knows much more about the force and dueling than she does

Ren was an incopetent unstable mess larping as Darth Vader and ridden with doubts about being tempted by light side and killing his father. and with a gun wound.

>>also somehow he earns the entire Resistance's trust and is sent on a solo mission to find Lue Skywalker, whom the Resistance has been looking for for years
Luke got to fly military grade fighter and join the most important mission ever when he first met the rebellion, thats how protagonists work in blockbusters. also she was the first force user they saw in years, who can do this job better than force sensitive person?

>>speaks Wookie and Droid
every fucking one can

>talking about it
>spamming the same REEEE MARY SUE thread for a solid year

pick one

Anakin lost every podrace he was in but one, and Luke was saved by Han showing up right as he was about to get shot

I have seen this movie once.

>has never flown the Millennium Falcon or anything like it
>first time she sits in its cockpit she outflies expert First Order pilots by performing absurd maneuvers in very tight spaces
She has flown it before. Says so right in the movie.

>also somehow knows more about the ship than Han Solo, the man who owned and used it for decades
She repaired it and upgraded it on the orders of the owner at the scavenger place, which is why she knows where the new stuff is. Says so right in the movie, because she disagreed with the dude about some new part.

>somehow manages to perform jedi mind tricks on people AND resist a Sith's mind tricks
Legitimate critisisms

>manages to outForce and overpower a Sith apprentice who, while injured and still in training, knows much more about the force and dueling than she does.
He was extremely injured and had just had another lightsaber fight with a trained soldier.

She also knew how to fight as shown when she was introduced.

Luke had experience. He regularly flew in his T-16 on Tatooine, which has a similar cockpit to X-Wings.

Because that was a meme power that Donner just fucking made up for that one movie. Just like he did for that random ass plastic wrap S shield net Superman used on Zod in the sequel.

There's no denying she's a mary sue. Even if you can think of some canon or head canon explanation for everything she does.

Why does this bitch betray the Order and let the resistance just destroy Starkiller base so easily?
>nigger shows up and points gun at me, tells me to disable the shields
>sure bro just gimme a sec

And yet more experienced X-Wing pilots get downed in the movie.

>Yes is pretty obvious that the character has the flaw of being too perfect
>You shouldn't complain about a badly written character

What would YOU have done? Sacrificed yourself?

Yeah, and Rey had experience because she flew that sick assume speeder bike of hers with the inhibitors off, so she could get 100-200 meters in the air.

And she knew about the Falcon because PORTION man forced her to try and repair it on many occasions for her entire adult life, while Han had been looking for the ship and hadn't set foot in it for a decade.

No they had practice. Anakin lost before and Luke surrendered to the will of the force, not conjured it on his own

>or anything like it
Why would you lie on the internet?
>first time she sits in its cockpit she outflies expert First Order pilots
Which is 100% no different from Luke in ANH
>also somehow knows more about the ship than Han Solo
She's a scavenger and mechanic. Han is a smuggler and pilot. Chewie was his navigator and mechanic. Han was always shown as inept when it came to the Falcon's maintenance.
You got a singlicious satisfact to snack that up?
She's had plenty of melee combat training. Don't pretend that shit doesn't transfer. She's had more physical combat experience than Luke had even by the end of ESB just by the token of her upbringing as a salvager.
When people are stronger in the force than others this happens routinely. Or do we want to forget Jango three shotting a fully trained low tier Jedi? Or Luke beating Vader after a few weekends at Yoda's?
>also somehow he earns the entire Resistance's trust and is sent on a solo mission to find Lue Skywalker, whom the Resistance has been looking for for years
There was little friction in the screenplay's dialogue for anyone period.
>speaks Wookie and Droid
This was retarded.

Rey's problems aren't in the plausibility of any one of the things you mentioned. It's that she has all of them as a trait. She needed to be trimmed down and her achievements transferred to other characters. I personally would have kept her defeating Kylo since it's "her" arc and ties into Kylo's as well. Poe should have piloted the Falcon to escape Jakku (while we're at it, it should not have been a desert), and Finn probably should have been instant buddies with Han fixing the Falcon and shit.

She's a Mary Sue for sure though. Just grow up.

Enter code that triggers silent alarm. Wait. Win.

If I disable the shields and the planet blows up I die anyway, since I doubt these guys will be like "alright you can go now, go find a ship and fly away as quick as you can cause we're blowing this shit up"

And? The point is that Anakin was supposed to be the chosen ONE. His density was to become the one who would restore balance to the force, which meant he had to be powerful. Now they made and even MORE powerful force user with even less training (zero training).

nice bait

>Rey had experience because she flew that sick assume speeder bike of hers
Not comparable. Saying Rey can fly the Falcon, because she used her speeder, is like saying someone who can ride a motorbike can drive a truck.

>Anakin lost before
not taling about podracing, he blew up the fucking space donut in the final battle

Holy shit, you are right.
I feel stupid now for not realizing this, I mean the story was full of plot holes but I thought Phasma did the right thing back then, didn't think of the possibility a silent alarm. Which makes sense for such a huge base unless the whole point of it was that it was so flawed.
(I know my post sounds sarcastic but it's not)

Luke probably had some experience in an X-Wing too. There's cut footage from ANH showing him talking to Wedge on Tatooine about joining the resistance.

Yet by that logic, most male and female protagonists in movies are Gary and Mary Sues.
And at the end of the day, who cares. Yes, it is poor writing/editing on their behalf but do we need every single minute detail filled in for us? Am I supposed to question every single piece of information a movie gives to us?

anyone could have done that if they knew how to spinning.

Yet someone itt already made the comparison with Luke and his speeder and then being able to fly X-Wings.

>Yet by that logic, most male and female protagonists in movies are Gary and Mary Sues.
Nope and even if that was true it wouldn't mean it should be accepted.
>And at the end of the day, who cares.
Right, let's just stop discussing movies forever and not point out any fault in them.

If I was a brainwashed commander who lived, breath and would die for the new order then absolutely yes

I was about to say some shit like "They could cut off her leg to give her a disadvantage" But then I remembered that that happened to Luke and would just be stupid so I don't really know what they can do.

Like all things in this dumb movie: expediency of the plot.

Well they didn't cut off Luke's LEG so that would be new.

Isn't there also a bit where he considers joining the Imperial army? Basically Luke just wanted to get the fuck off of Tatooine.

Also mostly R2d2's accomplishment. how long until the rose of the droids is the new plot? They are routinely shat on by organics

>a few weekends at Yoda's

you do realize that shit took about 3+ years right, plus all the training before they went to Bespin.

Because they have a similar cockpit. He'd be familiar with the controls, based on what he knew from his T-16.

The T-16 is much more similar to an X-wing than Rey's hovercraft thing is to the Millennium Falcon

Luke's case is like someone who's flown small jet trainers jumping into an F-15. Rey's case is like someone taking the controls of a 747 because they have experience with superbikes.

what fucking three years. he spend few days there in V and went back in VI to a dying Yoda to have one conversation with him.

I'm sure if you pitch it to Disney they'll bite

Yes. I was using hyperbole a bit. Luke in RotJ still had nowhere near the training Anakin had.

As for ESB and Bespin, Luke spent no longer than a week training and went from barely pulling a lightsaber out of a snow bank to lifting an x-wing and nearly holding his own against Vader. He stood no chance of winning but still impressed the man who had hunted and killed every last known Jedi in the galaxy for the last 30 years.

The series is full of people being able to hold their own against fully trained Jedi. Jango fucking Fett punked Obi Wan at a point when he was far better trained than Kylo.

It was shown to be a stupid accident

Time passed between both movies and it's assumed and implied that Luke learned a lot in between. Even if you don't read the EU you can assume he did some stuff right?

> Rey's hovercraft thing
thats not the only thing shes flown. she says
>I've flown some ships, but I've never left the planet.
after chase scene. that means shes flown multiple different ships in her life, not just hoverthingie

I figured it was at least a few weeks, but Luke is a fast learner being so adept.

Years sounds kinda like bullshit, I'm sure Luke would be going fucking bonkers with no one to talk to but a beeping robot and a crazy old puppet.

>The T-16 is much more similar to an X-wing than Rey's hovercraft thing is to the Millennium Falcon
She was a mechanic for the Falcon and flew other ships. All she didn't do was fly off world yet. Which we learn was a personal choice thing because she was waiting for parents who abandoned her. She was a capable pilot. Do you even fucking listen to the dialogue in movies you watch?

I thought they were being shat on because of the droid army in the prequels.

Alright, John McClane in Die Hard for example.
He's a cop.
I don't know his training. Am I supposed to just sit there and believe that one man can take down an entire terrorist organisation by himself. Is my stupid mind supposed to moronically accept that a chain smoking, alcoholic even has the physical endurance to be a police officer who can go an entire night against terrorists? Why does John McClane have a skillset similar to SAS soldiers if he's just a lowly New York City police officer?
I guess I just have to blindly accept that he's capable of all of those things.

>and "doesn't know how she knows how to do it
If they actually framed it as if she or anyone else was surprised by her instinctive effectiveness, this might have been an acceptable angle. But they don't frame it that way. No one seems to be especially aware of or surprised by her extraordinary aptitude.

ok, Rey outmaneuvering tie fighters was also a lucky goofy accident. do you accept it now you absolute retard?

Star wars is filled with people who have autism and can't figure out time on their own

ESB itself takes place potentially over the course of two months, and then there could have been literal years between V and VI

But because it's not explicitly stated and time is less important than drama, autists think it's a plot hole

All they had to fucking do was let Rey lose at the end and have Leia hug Chewbacca. Instead we got this blotched piece of shit. Thanks jew jew

it is implied in his conversation with Yoda that he did not came back to him between V and VI. so he just learned on his own. kinda like Rey?

STILL THREAD DETECTED.

I'm sure a Cessna pilot could jump into a 747 and barrel-roll that bitch on the first day

take Han and Leias arc as a point of refference. Lukes training took days before he fucked off to Bespin.

Because he can outsmart them I guess, it took mostly luck and mental skill. Though I haven't seen the movie in ages and I don't remember, and yes you have a point there comparing him to Rey. He didn't have much development, he was a regular average action hero.

No. They're very clearly not the same at all
Anakin
>Whoa I don't know own what I'm doing
>OK just try spinning
>Ahhhh whoops I got here somehow
>BAM bam
This is one kind of stupid that doesn't involve him being a Gary stu
Rey
>Oh no I have to pilot this thing
>Whoosh OK that worked
>Let me try this thing
>Great one down two to go
>Another crazy move!
>Yes we won!
This is her trying and succeeding only because she's written as exceptionally skilled and talented in whatever she tries to do

It's implied Obi Wan as a ghost routinely set him to tasks for training.

What Yoda served to do was teach him a regimen and display for Luke the first time how high the ceiling really was. Until Yoda effortlessly moved the x-wing Luke still had a narrow and ungifted perspective on the universe. Once Luke is shown how far he can reach training could pretty much be left to his own devices.

If Rey had been exposed to Jedi training during one movie and then returned more powerful in the next, despite not undergoing additional tutored training, then yes, that would have been okay.

Going from zero training at all to proficient within the course of a single film when there is no time lapse is not.

Having Rey win ruined Kylo and the rest of the movie for me.

But Rey was a random hobo and Luke was part of a resistance movement that probably went on many battles against the Empire.

In the Star Wars universe literally any random retard can jump into an advanced spaceship and fly like an expert acrobatic pilot

This applies to Luke. T-16's were civilian aircraft.

Han and Leia could have been in the asteroid field alone for a month, and in bespin for a week or two. Then Luke could have spent a week
In space getting there

We don't know because it doesn't matter and it's not a plot hole. There is no objective measurement of time in ESB and any attempt to point it out is a useless retarded meme

I am not sure what was the purpose of having Rey win. It looks like they are trying to grow Kylo as a character rather than Rey. That seems to be the only reasoning.

OP forgot
>grabs a blaster
>proceeds to accurately land shot after shot on distant moving targets

Luke didn't have a lot of training, but at least he had way more than Rey ever did. Luke trained with Obiwan is the first movie for basics and did force training with the most skilled Jedi in force usage in the Star Wars universe.

I am not even sure if it's sarcasm or legit idiot. this board is cancer

It also totally eclipsed Finn being an absolute bad-ass and going up against a Sith with zero force aptitude. That took some balls.

I'm going to be SUPER fucking annoyed if they reveal he's force sensitive.

T-16s are fast, maneuverable and have weapons. They are used as trainers by the Rebel Alliance. They are the babby version of an X-Wing.

You are literally a retard if you disagree
Anakin was a dumb kid who fucked up and got lucky
Rey tried and succeeded in everything she attempted

Kylo must be the trilogy's Skywalker and Rey is someone less important

just like luke did in ANH with no experience with a blaster ever?

>T-16
>Civilian aircraft
What?

youtube.com/watch?v=4iqN68PejEc

Why are ugly white males so triggered by Rey?

I really really hope this happens and that would BTFO so many people. I can only wish that Disney has such balls.

a.
>superman can't turn back time, that made no sense the one time it happened
b.
>by going back in time to save Lois, Superman actually doomed the town he originally saved to death as he now saved Lois instead of them. The film glossed over this

You can see Luke missing like 8/10 shots in the death star, he's as bad at aiming as the baddies. Rey fires 3 shots and 3 stormtroopers go down.

And the ship(s) Rey's flown are left undisclosed. It's purely your unsupported speculation that none of the things she has piloted were comparable to a FREIGHTER.

Rey outmaneuvering TIEs has nothing to do with piloting experience, of which she has plenty, and everything to do with the series' long established trait of force sensitives having both insane luck (babby Anakin against the droid control ship) and inhuman intuition (babby Anakin pod racing and Luke Death Star run)

>main character succeeding is ok but only as long as he acts goofy while doing it
I bet you thought Jar Jar was a brilliant character

Yet people love Jyn

Really makes you think

I guess you missed all the scenes where he couldn't land hits

Babby Anakin lost all his pod races except the last one.

>there are people in this thread trying to justify Rey by bringing up the prequels.