I see Strawberry Switchblade posted here from time to time, but I never see this album. Is it any good? Apparently...

I see Strawberry Switchblade posted here from time to time, but I never see this album. Is it any good? Apparently, this was recorded in 1988 and 1989 and was supposed to be the second Strawberry Switchblade album, but the band broke up before it was finished. Did Jill Bryson really add anything to the band, or was it all Rose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9wYiGnEUyvE
youtu.be/zbP_7SE6DMg
youtu.be/3lhPQfvVx5Q
youtu.be/CtHs4W5RUQk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It literally sounds exactly like Strawberry Switchblade. They even performed a few songs from this album on the radio under the name Strawberry Switchblade, before breaking up.

jill was just the jannetty

Tibet is a banger

I like Jill, but I don't think she did anything, besides appear on album covers. It was always just Rose.

It was obviously supposed to be a Strawberry Switchblade album. The real question is which one is better? That album, or pic related?

its more lo-fi sounding so i like it more

Well according to the credits all the songs on the first album were written by both of them.
Strawberry Switchblade, of course. Literally all classic tracks. CWTCK is good too but not as consistent.

all the other stuff rose did was pretty good dont kno about jill though

The debut has a few songs that are trash, but it also has fucking bangers like Deep Water, Secrets, Trees & Flowers, and Let Her Go.
Cut With The Cake Knife has amazing songs like Tibet, Crystal Nights, and the title track, but overall I think the debut is better.

damn, the only track ive never really liked was let her go haha

FROM HIGHLANDS TO FLATLANDS
ON A JOURNEY FAR FROM HOME

not as good as grimes

In the 80s, strawberry switchblade was seen the same way you all see Pale Waves today

This.

Thompson Twins were the Twenty-One Pilots of the '80s.

>implying either of you were around in the 80s

IN CRYSTAL DAYS AND CRYSTAL NIGHTS
YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIIIIND~

Rose is great. I've tried to talk about her before, but never had as much luck as this thread.

I can promise you I was.

I can also promise you listening to strawberry switchblade in 2018 is no less embarrassing than listening to strawberry switchblade in 1988.

I also remember when this board tried to make a strawberry switchblade revival around 2011.

SS is fucking trash.

I have such mixed feelings about this band. They're so obviously manufactured and corporate as hell, and a lot of their songs like Since Yesterday are trash, but every now and then, with songs like Deep Water and the original version of Poor Hearts, they touch on genius. Their demo was also pretty amazing, and the only thing I own from them on vinyl. Their Peel Sessions are hit or miss with me as well. Such mixed feelings.

yea, from what ive heard they wanted the album to sound different but the producers declined

Rose's solo work is a lot better. And her work with Current 93 and Death in June is even better.

youtube.com/watch?v=9wYiGnEUyvE

I believe it. Their demos and EPs are really shoegazey at times. You can even hear some mild psych elements on the demo. They wanted to record it as a full band, but the label made them fire the other two members and record it as a duo.

>shoegazey
You can almost hear the "Come run away, come run away" melody from My Bloody Valentine's "Drive It All Over Me" in the chorus of "Poor Hearts."

00:23
youtu.be/zbP_7SE6DMg

00:31
youtu.be/3lhPQfvVx5Q

is it like strawberry panic?

Were Siouxsie & The Banshees seen as posers or genuine in the 80s? What was the general consensus on them?

Not the guy you're replying to. I actually like Strawberry Switchblade, but they're not comparable to The Banshees on any level. Switchblade made some catchy pop tunes. The Banshees made art.
They went from being a straight forward punk band, to being one of the earliest post-punk bands, and an influence on bands like Joy Division, to experimenting with neo-psychedelia, dance music, and even classical music. They shared a stage with the Sex Pistols, and at one point in time, were bigger than The Cure. Strawberry Switchblade are nice, but Siouxsie was in a league of her own.
Strawberry Switchblade never recorded anything that sounded even half as good as this.
youtu.be/CtHs4W5RUQk

>and a lot of their songs like Since Yesterday are trash
get the fuck out you pretentious faggot

Quite rude

i listened to siousxie and banshees to much and got burnt out t b h. sTill like ss tho

Not sure if they were bigger than the cure desu

How? Their discography is pretty huge, and it's full of hidden gems. Some of my favorite songs from them are B-sides.

That's life, bitch.

I'm pretty sure they predate The Cure, and released their debut album a year prior.

I don't know if it's good, why don't you listen to it you lazy fuck? We have this thing called the internet, which you can use to find and listen to and stream and download almost any album you want.

Exactly this.

>SS styled themselves as really alternative/gothy/edgy in appearance
>their music didn't fit this image at all, was in fact the most sugary of bubblegum pop

Fuck pretenders.

>muh real goffs

Siouxsie was legit. She was actually an early Sex Pistols fan and appeared on the Bill Grundy show with them in one of their more infamous moments where the Sex Pistols swore on air. She's the short haired blonde on the top right. Sid Vicious was even the drummer in a very early incarnation of the Banshees, although I think he only played for like one show. One of the first post-punk artists and a major figure for women in music.

>muh poseurs

They weren't trying to be goth. Maybe a little bit edgy, but they were just cutesy girls making pop music, with bows and ribbons and shit. That's not goth. That's just lolita fashion.

they were basically just the female depeche mode

She's literally my favorite woman in music, and one of my favorite musicians of all time. I love her.

Same. Not even some waifu shit either. I don't find her very attractive. I just love her work.

Mate, she was gorgeous when she was young.