Religious-Kino

Post any good religious/spiritual themed film here (any religion)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PDBiLT3LASk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Admittedly it's works for both religious and non-religious, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Alright film, didn't like most of the songs (as I don't tend to in many musicals). Superior version would be "The Ten Commandents" with Heston, the scenery is gorgeous and it truly feels like an epic. It has drama, (unintentional) comedy, and a lot of themes going on at once.

Besides that, the miniseries "Jesus of Nazareth" (italian production) seems to be quite great, but I never been able to watch it.

>religious themed film
every second movie has such a theme, just mostly dull and shallow

Actually a very good film but mite skip those who do not understand tibetan buddhism. Still the buddha part is keanu reeves suming up buddhas spiritual path.

Also another buddhist film called samsara. About a monk who keeps having wet dreams, becomes lay, has wife etc, but regrets not following the path.
It's an actual tibtan film.

>actually believing in iron age fairy tales

Pathetic. Why don't you take your shit tier christcuck meme movies and fuck off kiddo?

Heston always delivers the kino.

youtu.be/PDBiLT3LASk

>A Man Escaped
Works as both prison escape kino and as an allegory for Catholic redemption

It was bold of the writers to show the jews as a hateful cancer that infiltrates prosperous civilizations, pretend to be victims, then tears them down with desert magic. Definitely a unique take on the story.

bronze age

Life of Brian

Altered States

Very good Christian film about the dangers of spiritual pride.

Bergman seventh seal
Tarkovsky andreï Roublev

I deeply enjoyed Both of these

Kingdom of Heaven (Extended Cut)
Not a very accurate historical flick, but enjoyable nonetheless

Jesus of Nazareth got some pretty good cinematography and acting. The pacing is a bit slow though.

>he's so deep into scientific rationalism that he doesn't understand religious truth

>he believes in anything beyond an impersonal prime mover that orchestrates the Logos

>tfw too smart to be anything but Stoic

Why is religious truth so inconsistent?

Passion of the Christ

It seems that way to you because you're approaching it with a scientific mindset, but scientific and religious truth are not the same thing.

1 is real, relgious truth is make believe

Again, you're applying a scientific concept to something outside the realm of science (a method for testing hypotheses about the physical world).

How do you validate that ethics are true or real using science?

You're missing the great truth, user-chan.

Once you see the great truth that the devout see than you might understand

If it's outsid the realm of Science then does it exist, simple yes or no question

You're using the word "exist" in a scientific context to try and win the argument by setting up a false dichotomy.

If you actually want to discuss this, I'm willing, but I'm not going to get into an argument with someone that's only looking for a cheap victory.

I suggest you think about the source of ethics, the societal contract, and what drives you to act.

>How do you validate that ethics are true or real using science?

>emotions are hard to measure in a universal manner
>somehow that means they're not real

that's not how science works

It could be.
Also why do you have to tip your fedora here people just want to talk about movies with religious themes.

And ofcourse the message is a top tier religious kino.

>it's a fedora-tier atheist that fucking loves science doesn't understand science episode

science is just describing a methodology for investigating the universe. By definition if anything exists it is within the realm of science as long as someone could even attempt to come up with a way to test hypothesis about it

Okay, it's a simple, yes, no or IDK question. Better?
I know what Science is, but if it cannot be measured or quantified then does it exist? Science is a way of measuring and quantifying things that exist, if you say a god exists then you are making a scientific claim. I understand Science that much.

Also, you'd have to demonstrate your god exists before you could attribute anything of human nature to his doing, you can't just presuppose it and say that's evidence for what you presuppose

>but if it cannot be measured or quantified then does it exist?
maybe.

how do you know it can't be measured or quantified?

IDK, I'm not the one that made the claim that it's outside the realm of Science

I never got the religious folks' need to make that claim anyway. Tons of stuff that's the subject of science today was beyond scientific knowledge of a century ago. So you have a feeling there's a God. Ok fine. Why be so insecure you have to say "oh but it's unknowable" just because you can't prove it right now?

>people that take everything literally and don't understand transcendence

If metaphors and analogies could prove a god existed then the argument would have been done a while ago because creationists would win every argument

Been putting this flick on hold for a long time user.

Not a movie, but The Young Pope is probably one of the better Catholic themed/based story in recent years. Calvary (2014) is also pretty good.

pic related has a catholic theme as the focus of the movie.

Also The Nun's Story