RedditLetterMedia: MUH CHARACTER MUH EMOSHUN MUH FEELS

>RedditLetterMedia: MUH CHARACTER MUH EMOSHUN MUH FEELS
>Nostalgia Faggot and Chris Cuckedmann: MUH CHARACTERS MUH EMOSHUN MUH FEELS
>Joe: Rogue One was everything I expected from a Star Wars movie, and more!
Is Perturbed Pedro, dare I implicate, /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Distressed Diego is pretty based

He liked suicide squad

too bad his nicknames are a lot more based than his show

8/10 was my verdict too. Disagree with his views on TFA and Marey Sue, but it's fine to disagree. RLM's views were completely off the mark, but I can forgive them. They are going through something. Nostalgia guy I did not see nor will I.

It's hard to care about a movie if you don't care about anyone in the movie. You guys are fucking idiots.

>characters and emotions and feels don't matter
>muh lightsabers muh spaceships muh lore muh canon
how does it feel to be the cancer that's killing cinema

If only they were more charismatic like rey

As annoying as her lack of character flaws is, at least she was fun to watch. It's a low bar, but Rogue One is lower somehow.

coz disney took rlm's shekels and gave them to him? that makes him disney's guy

She's only fun to watch because retards like you are fine with writing that makes her invincible

No, we didn't like Rogue One here

I'll never understand how people like TFA more than rogue one

>we

You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

that guy has liked so many horrible movies and games, i dont get how anybody values his opinion.

Whats to understand, some people are trisomy 21

Rey:
>first she was a desert scavenger (le poetry XD) with no explainable background beyond that
>and now she's a badass Jedi suddenly achieving everything and being loved by all the OT characters who she met a day ago
OMG fucking charismatic! Such a great character!

Whatever her name was:
>first she's a little girl whose parents were kidnapped and murdered, then she was raised on the fringes of society by a crazed rebel extremist
>twenty years later she's a "rogue" struggling to get by on the fringes of society, the rebels don't trust her and she has to build a rapport with her crew and overcome her cynicism

All this "we didn't get enough character development for our heroine" stuff is ridiculous. These people are like little babies refusing to accept the "timeskip" explaining what kind of person she was, and demanding that JJ Abrams spoonfeed mashed-up plot elements from episode 4 to them instead.
If anyone needed more character development, it was Diego Luna's character. They obviously wanted to give him ten minutes or so, but in the end they threw in that meaningless and out-of-place scene at the start. Didn't work, and he didn't come across as anything but a workaholic who is ruthless and angry.

I'll admit that it would be more interesting to see "rogues" surviving and learning to live within the post-ROTS empire, but Disney needed to make a pointless prequel with the Death Star and other episode 4 visuals and call-backs in order to get bums in seats.

But that does not mean that TFA is "better" than Rogue One. Rogue One tried something different, admittedly hamstrung by lack of vision and playing-it-safe commercially, whereas TFA is A New Hope mashed up with a few minutes of Empire Strikes Back, stripped of everything deeper than the structure and a handful of visual tie-ins.

He always did stand up for art house cinema.

QUADS CONFIRM

>>first she was a desert scavenger (le poetry XD) with no explainable background beyond that
>>and now she's a badass Jedi suddenly achieving everything and being loved by all the OT characters who she met a day ago
>OMG fucking charismatic!
You explaining what she literally does in the movie has nothing to do with charisma, you dumb fuck.

>They are going through something.
What makes you think that? Just because you liked a movie that they didn't?

I actually enjoyed the movie and it is the first time I mainly disagree with rlm. I can see where they are coming from, but I really had a great time in the cinema. Most things people seem to dislike things about the movie, that it clearly intended to do. But for me it worked. Not great, but good

>I bypassed the character development

Sooooo charismatic

None of them are qualified enough to give their opinions on film and be taken seriously

But you are right?

And what qualifications does someone need to say if they enjoyed a movie or not?

If Marvel can do it, why can't Abrams?

Obviously anyone can say whether they like a film or not, whether they're qualified enough to provide proper reasons is another thing. Anyone can see a painting and find it good looking, but only someone who's well versed in arts knows how to explain why and how,and their opinion is by design much more valuable

Dont know what kind of people you know, but I know a lot of people who can voice their opinion and explain there reasoning behind liking something perfectly fine

>how dare people have opinions that differ from my own, I'm going to make them pay by making a thread on Sup Forums about how people who agree with me are better reviewers, because they agree with me!

>RedditLetterMedia: MUH CHARACTER MUH EMOSHUN MUH FEELS
AT-STs
AT-STs

Thanks for your insightful comment. Changed my mind. Brilliant. Well done.

Wasnt intended. Dont know what kind of response you expected to your shitty appeal to authority in a fucking form of art

>asking people to be educated and well versed in the art form they're supposed to critique is an appeal to authority

I know you just learnt about logical fallacies and desperately want to show it off, but that's not how it works.

No. But thinking their opinion is automatically is more valid and better expressed just because he has some arbitary status as "well versed in arts" is.

Only matters if the person can explain their reasoning well.

Of course the opinion of someone who is well versed in cinema much more valid than the opinion of an overgrown manchild. It's just how it is.

Opinions about art are subjective. That means that there cant be any objective validity. Only thing that matters, is how good a person can explain how he came to his opinion

What makes someone "well versed in cinema"?
How does this makes the opinion more valid, esspecially if that person is trying to judge the work by its own merits?

And an uneducated person won't know how to do it, aka only well versed people are capable of it. I am sorry that hurts your man child sensibilities
Are you really asking why the opinion of someone educated on a topic is more valid than the opinion of someone who is uneducated on the topic?

>And an uneducated person won't know how to do it
Uneducated in what? Do you only trust people who went to film school? What stops somebody with an education not related to arts (an actual education) unable to express his reasoning in a coherent fashion? It isnt hurting my "man child sensibilities". I just think you give people with art degrees way too much credit. You cant even explain why beyond appeals to authority or retarded statements like "thats just how it is"

At no point did I mention art school, insecure much? Someone well versed in cinema is someone who has read up cinema, someone who knows how to properly analyze a film, someone who knows about the movements and eras of cinema, someone who knows about cinema history, someone who knows about cinematography, editing and photography.

And nice sperging out about >MUH ART EDUCATION when it wasn't even brought up, stemlord

I am specifically asking the two precise questions you replied to. It is very simple and straight forward. Dont give me this "are you kidding me!?" type of response just because you are ironically unable to articulate your viewpoint

I did, too. I don't think it was fantastic or anything, but it was a good flick. I wouldn't watch it again, though.

Your question is too retarded to deserve an answer.

You claimed that "an uneducated person won't know how to do it" referring to
>Only thing that matters, is how good a person can explain how he came to his opinion
Which makes it a fair assumption that you were talking about art education, since being interested in movies barely qualifies as an "education". whatever.
Point still stands:
Only thing that matters, is how good a person can explain how he came to his opinion
You just agreed with this in your own retarded way. So it is cool

>And nice sperging out about
where exactly? Mentioning film school is sperging out? ok

Nope, you are to retarded to give an answer. Those are perfectly fine questions for someone who is able to express his opinion.

Autists: The Thread

I'd give Rogue One a weak 7/10. There are too many mistakes and it gets off to too weak a start to be any higher.

>since being interested in movies is barely an education

It's the third time you make that implication, just showing how insecure and spergy you are. Imagine being this angry because people know more about a topic than you.

A regular person who isn't well versed in cinema will not be able to properly explain themselves and reason why they like a film, just like a normal, average joe can't properly explain why they like a certain music album. This probably hurts you because you most likely base your entire personality around being a "movie buff" when in reality you don't know very much about film, and would be laughed st by any person who actually knows about film.
Going to spoon feed you u because you're that retarded.
What makes a person well versed in cinema?
Reading books, watching interviews, speaking to people and watch movies
>how does that make the opinion more valid

Why do I take someone like armold white who I don't always agree with more seriously than a hobo? Because white knows more about cinema. It's not that hard, autist.

star wars fans ate up a rehashed version of the original trilogy and praised it

literally low iq

>just showing how insecure and spergy you are
you started to talk abpout education when meaning being very interested in a certain kind of art.
Nice assumptions there, mate. But actually it is also you who gives credit to being a "movie buff". I never said anything like this. In fact I consistently disregarded art degrees and your absolutely arbitary definition and only said
>Only thing that matters, is how good a person can explain how he came to his opinion
To which you indirectly agreed, but are too much of a faggot to admit that it makes sense

A person who's not well versed in art is not able to such a thing.
Keep sperging out, tho

I know opinions are subjective...

...but TFA was objectively a more interesting and exciting movie than Rogue One.

>Reading books, watching interviews, speaking to people and watch movies
ok. cool. I do that. Like everybody else who has more than a casual interest in movies. So your definition of being "well versed" is pretty much fitting for everybody who is talking about movies anyway.

You failed to adress my second question
>How does this makes the opinion more valid, esspecially if that person is trying to judge the work by its own merits?

Pro tip: art is subjective. You might look up the definition of "subjective" and "validity"

No.

see/thread

Ok, apparently almost all people are well versed in art. Good to know

All YT film reviewers are fucking trash

Read Brody.

You know it isn't and you're arguing semantics because of your autism, and your samefagging is noticeable too. You need a foundation to be able to properly discuss films, just like any other art form. You're being obtuse to an autistic level to avoid accepting that
Of course an uneducated person such as yourself will think another uneducated pleb is actually educated.

He speaks for me too. This manchild garbage was utter shite.

>Of course an uneducated person such as yourself will think another uneducated pleb is actually educated.
No, autismo. I was being sarcastic. I was mocking your retarde notion of "le well versed in arts". I also find your understanding of the term "education" ridiculous

Kill yourselves right now.

I am well aware you were being sarcastic, aspie.

>your understand of the term education ridiculous
>MUH IF ITS NOT STEM ITS NOT REAL
This is the level of low iq, anti intellectual retards Sup Forums let in by memeing too hard.

>I should care aout caracters

Are you some kind of a homo? Have you watched too much Care Bears when you were a kid?

>You know it isn't
What? So art is not subjective? It is objective like for example maths, where thing can be absolutely right/wrong. Nope, user, your feelings dont matter that much. I am sorry.

>still samefagging
>bringing up his stem bonner because he has autism

Art is subjective but you need the necessary tolls to properly analyze art. Your feelings about this don't matter :,) you can have an opinion on a movie, but it always be branded as nothing more than the ramblings of an aspie who knows very little of what he's talking about

What are you on about? who are you quoting?

But yeah, reading a book abpout cinematography and listening to interviews with the masters is not a proper education user. I like to glorify my hobby too. But lets be honest here. It doesnt take much more for a review to coherently express your opinion

>learning about an artform is not education
Sure thing, aspie
>who are you quoting

Nice stale meme. Not an argument.

>stem bonner
w-what? I just thought math would be a good example of something objective. Whats wrong with that example?

> but it always be branded as nothing more than the ramblings of an aspie who knows very little of what he's talking about
You can "brand" every opinion about art like that. But you will look stupid doing so if the person explained why he felt this way about the art in a coherent fashion.

>you can brand anything, anything you want

Oh
Really
Makes
You
Think

>Sure thing
I am sad you have to learn this from me, but no, your fun hobby doesnt constitute an education. I am really sorry mate, but please dont write in your resume that you watched over 300 movies last year. I know you think you are a huge film buff who is very well versed in the arts. But you really arent.

>stale meme
fair enough. But I was actually genuine. Where did you get this from?

Not what I said. But please keep thinking, it can only help at this point

>still samefagging

>bruh hahaha no reading about film and learning about history isn't actually an education hahaha I am the one who decides what an education is hahaha, I am just that smart hahaha

Really makes you think

Oh cool, apparently I have an education in movies now. Wow, thanks user. Will quickly write my application to the next film studio now!

Your sarcasm won't hide the fact you're a massive autist.

If your very thin argument is based on the notion that for something to be considered education it has to get you a job, then you would probably know most directors and screenwriters have a film education. And even then, your notion that BAWWW BAWW IF YOU CANT GET A JOB WITH IT ITS NOT REAL is just retarded

>worshiping cancerous ecelebs and their shitty opinions

>please respect my opinions and feelings! I swear I am important and a movie buff

doesnt fly with me. Explain your reasoning and make it clear where you are coming from and you are perfectly able to communicate your thoughts in my book. Yeah, I guess you can call every bit of knowledge an "education" if you desire to make even words useless. I am starting to think your requirements for someone to have a "valid opinion" are completely arbitrary

>still being this insecure

No one cares about how you feel about art education or in this case, film education, or that the word education triggers you.

oh. how ironic. great post

This post is as homosexual as Zulu and Poe Dameron.

What the fuck is that?

Nobody cares that objective facts trigger you, mr "movie buff"

>BAWWW BAWWW THIS ISNT ACTUALLY EDUCATION BECAUSE I SAY SO

Really objective. Really makes you think.

t. someone with an arts degree

Kermode is good.

Art is subjective. Thats an objective fact. It is really straight forward, user. Every opinion is equally valid (maybe not for you subjectively). It really comes down to who is good at expressing his opinion. Since that is really what people care about. I have no idea why you are so opposed to this simple fact or me having a semantic disagreement over the term "education". But you are basically a faggot for acting so hostile. I am stating simple facts and logical conclusions. You are sperging out with insults and memes

It is a movie that should have visited the script doctor to trim a lot of fat off. I did appreciate with the theme of 'War breaks people' and the true cost of rebellion where not everybody rides off into the sunset or get a shiny medal. Didn't do it that well though

>every opinion is equally valid
But it isn't. You using redditspeak (in this case) by saying "it's le logical and le rational" doesn't change that. A person who doesn't know shit about film will never be able to properly analyze a film. I don't know why that triggers you so much.

Collider fanboys BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00