/HPG/

Can we have a Harry Potter general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-03oFgvyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean /DFG/?

How many films could have been solved by simply telling Dumbledore everything you knew?

>Chamber of Secerets
>Prisoner of Azkhaban
>Order of the Pheonix

You mean a Reddit general for one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises throughout. each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

You generally need to start off Harry Potter threads with some sort of troll attempt.
Perhaps questioning Rowling's state of mind or asking why dumbledore was so unfair to slytherin.

Fumbledore was useless m8

Or asking why """"adults"""" are retarded enough to watch it :^)

>need to come up with name for Harry's asian love interest
>literally call her Ching Chong

Bravo Rowling

>throughout. each episode

You fucked up

The two sentimental kids movies were better than the 6 Twilight-tier tween dramas. To Be Honest.

How was Dumbledore so omniscient? The fucker could see through the fucking Invisibility Cloak. A cloak so powerful that it is literally a fucking fairtytale that describes it as allowing the wearer to hide from Death itself.

Racism in Britain is so much more quaint

only if we agree that Luna is best girl, Ginny a niggerfucker and Hermione a bitch with a decent heart but still a fucking bitch.

There is literally nothing wrong with Stephen King.

>The fucker could see through the fucking Invisibility Cloak
Nope, you can't see through Harry's cloak because it's one of the Hallows

In Chamber of Secrets in Hagrid's Hut, Dumbledore uses a non-verbal Homenum Revelio spell which reveals Harry and Ron's presence

why did they change the tone so much after the first two films? they're so much comfier desu

you can at least put infinite jest on there in god tier if you want a really good bait image

why didn't harry just use magic to fix his eyesight?

Same change happened in the books senpai

Chris Columbus had that planned from the start, because the tone of the plot gets progressively less comfy too.

Literally the best character in the series.

Why didn't Ron's mum use magic to make him some better dress robes?

>you can just bypass this cloak which was made by the most powerful being of all with a shitty spell

BRAVO

Hermione had self esteem issues. As damaged goods she's immediately the best girl.

>pic related invites you to the prefects bathroom

What do

Reminder that Draco removing the cloak from Harry on the train in the sixth movie with a spell is canonically impossible

Suck his fat chad dick

Pic related is best girl

in the books mirtle canon sucks his dick

>need to come up with name for typical english schoolboy protagonist
>literally call him Harry Potter
>need to come up with name for his Irish classmate
>literally call him Seamus Finnigan
>need to come up with name for beautiful French character
>literally name her Fleur Delacour (flower of the heart)
legitimate criticisms only pls :)

You make a good point.

still a fucking bitch, once she gets a little bit of confidence she becomes Mr.Bitchy Boss Cunt with a good heart.

Yeah, but part of why that worked is because shit got darker despite the veneer of magical fantasy that was still around from the first books. Without that contrast it's just hitting you over the head with edginess for no reason.

When was Hermione a bitch, out of curiosity?

You'd be a bitch too if you spent every day hanging out with Ron fucking Weasley.

>pic related is best girl

Shut up, idiot.

>You'd be a bitch too if you spent every day hanging out with a relaxed, loyal as all fuck, legend of a mate
???

always, she wasn't trying to be a bitch or evil she was just a bitch.

fair enough.

"Always" isn't an answer. Specify.

After the first couple of years he spent like six months of every book brooding in the corner about not being as good as Harry.

And yet continued to help him at every turn despite his own insecurities. Loyal as all fuck.

Sure, but he was miserable to read about. Being around a person like that would be intolerable.

Never had friends before lad?

he betrayed Harry, at least twice.

Thats not loyal as fuck.

its leVIOsa not levioSA.
literally first book, she wasn't trying to be mean or anything just help but came out bitchy.
i can't think of anything else further down the series but is there.

No, I have. The ones like Ron were just the ones no one really wanted to invite to the parties.

Name the two times he betrayed Harry.

How in the fuck is correcting someone's pronounciation of a word, especially when it is absolutely vital to mastering the very thing they're in the school for, being a bitch? Are you fucking disabled?

It really sounds like you haven't had friends. You certainly haven't had any male friends if you think "being annoyed at you for two weeks" is being an insufferable, intolerable cunt.

>Name the two times he betrayed Harry.
Fourth Year, spent like 3 months angry thinking Harry put his name in the globe saying he betrayed him and turn his back on him.
When he left Hermione and Harry at the tent, again turning his back on them.

If thats not betrayal i don't know what it is.

>Harry Potter
d-delete this!

>Fourth year
That time he actively sought out Harry and provided him with the information he needed in order to succeed in the first task and likely save Harry's life?

>When he left the tent
That time he was under the influence of the locket horcrux and IMMEDIATELY began to search for his friends again the second its effects wore off and then returned to save Harry's life?

Those ones?

Yeah, you don't know what betrayal is. You fucking spastic.

What the hell was up with Fleur's casting? She looked nothing like I imagined her from the books, just a random 7/10 blonde. Krum's casting was great though.

>Order of the Phonix
>Sirius needs to be in hiding
>"I know I'll hide in my own house, no one will think to look there!"

I thought the point was that his own house was next to impossible to find in the first place?

You're really misreading what I said. I didn't call him a cunt, I just said being around him every day would be intolerable because he's whiny, insecure and can be a bit of an asshole. Again, I've had friends like him and I liked them, they were good dudes, theIrvin whining just wears on you after a while.

And, admittedly it's been a while since I've read the books, but I'm pretty sure there were some periods were months went by where they didn't even talk to each other. That's being a cunt.

He regretted it later both times, he still betrayed them wtf.

Regretting betraying someone doesn't undo the betrayal you retarded fuck.

is like when a character in a movie rattles someone out, they get captured and later has a change of heart and goes to free them.

Thats still betrayal, saving them from his betrayal doesn't make it less of a betrayal.

Should I watch it?

They're alright.

>whiny, insecure and can be a bit of an asshole
I get the impression you only remember the shit this other lad is talking about, which are both dreadful examples.

>You're really misreading what I said. I didn't call him a cunt
>That's being a cunt.
What the fuck was the point of your post?

>He regretted it later both times
In Fourth Year he actively helped Harry WHILE he was still angry at him. That's not a betrayal, you spastic. That's a falling out at best and not even a good falling out, because he still actively tried to help his friend even while in the midst of the fallout. Most human beings would take that opportunity to spite the person they were angry at. Ron instead took it as an opportunity to help. That's as far from betrayal as I can possibly think.

The second was him being under the control of a fucking master wizard's enchanment. And even then, he came back and saved Harry's life and then on top of that, he actually RESISTED the master wizard's enchantment in order to destroy the horcrux instead of killing Harry.

Loyal as all fuck.

Except it isn't. Because he was under a spell.

The books are better
the films are still good

I didn't call him a cunt originally, but upon reflection I changed my mind. Yeah, he was a bit of a cunt.

How? Both Narcissa and Bellatrix know where it is

In fourth year Ron made fun of harry several times and called him the names the people gave him, whatever the nickname was, didn't he also wear one of those anti-harry badges?
Thats just a falling out, not even a good one lmao.

I could give you the second one but you could argue he was a weak minded fool who still betrayed his friends.
Then he regretted it later and came back to harry but still.

>was made by the most powerful being of all
'no'
Literally the only concrete thing that differentiates Harry's invisibility cloak from others' is that it can last indefinitely.

You know who is actually loyal instead of fucking Ron?

Neville.
Thats a good friend.

Neville is a top fucking mate.

Ah yes who can forget such loyal moments as him trying to stop them getting to the philosopher stone

>>>/reddit/
Fucking tumblr scum

It's very clear that you simply don't have friends. The fact that you consider falling out with your friends to be "cunt" behaviour is very telling that your only experience with this kind of shit is the world of cinema.

I don't even mean that as a slight. We're on Sup Forums after all. Far be it from me to try using "you have no friends!" as an insult on this fucking site. I mean that you seem to be totally and utterly void of experience with male friends.

Funnily enough, there's a great scene in the Goblet of Fire (that actually comes off better in the films somehow) where Harry and Ron make up and it basically amounts to:

>Maybe you didn't lie
>Yeah

and then they're back to being best mates immediately because that's how male friendships work. You can beat the shit out of each other on Saturday and then go for a drink on Sunday as if nothing ever happened.

Your example of betrayal is "Ron wore a badge that said 'Potter Stinks' while actively working to save Harry's life! What a cunt!"

I just want you to take a moment to realise that.

As for him being a "weak-minded fool", Harry himself couldn't handle the locket for more than like 20 fucking minutes it seemed like. He was snapping at Hermione and all ready for fucking off into the forest on his own until she told him to take it off. I don't think Harry could've resisted the whole ghostly kissing apparition shit that Ron did when they finally had to break the thing.

You're an idiot, to be frank.

Neville is a top lad.

Because as far as he knew they would get in more trouble and probably expelled. He didn't know shit about the stone and Voldemort because they didn't tell him, they just cursed him and left.

That time he won the Gryffindor's the House Cup for outstanding loyalty and bravery to stand up to his friends in order to protect them from a bigger danger? Yeah, who can forget?

he didn't know that you retard, he was just trying to protect his friends from getting themselves into more trouble and gryffindor too.

i give up on you, i'm gonna become your friend, kick you while you are down and throw shit at you but then say "I'm sorry lad" and become best friends against.

Pure kino

Unironically

>he won the Gryffindor's the House Cup

m8, Dumbledore was just looking for any reason to give free points to Gryffindor

Not him, but it's under Fidelius at the time. They literally cannot know its location unless Dumbledore told them, regardless of whether or not they previously knew.

>i give up on you, i'm gonna become your friend, kick you while you are down and throw shit at you but then say "I'm sorry lad" and become best friends against.
I look forward to it. Maybe then you'll finally understand what male friendship is.

So why did he give the points to Neville instead of just giving Harry an extra 10 points arbitrarily?

To make Neville feel good

HOWEVER

i understand you are a fucking beta faggot who lets people trample him and calls it "male friendship".

Friendly reminder that based Snape is just standing up to a rigged system when he hands out a bunch of points to Slytherin and fucks over Gryffindors.

Post Potter Kino

Not unless you're a popnerd trying to impress other adult children on Facebook

Member harry potter!
Member childhood interests!
Member wanting to regress from modern life because I'm too much of an infantilized waster?

Really? That was the best you could come up with? "BETA MALE REEEEEEEEEE"?

Every post you make only makes it further evident that you've never had a friend.

believe what you want to believe boyo, i have friends, actual friends, sometimes i think i don't but then we always go to the movies and i remember that i do.

I wonder how these scenes would've went with Richard Harris. I can imagine Snape's memory scenes being much, much more impactful. Gambon plays Dumbledore like a maniuplative little rat, where Harris played him as more of a borderline omniscient force of the greater good.

>sometimes i think i don't but then we always go to the movies and i remember that i do.
How embarrassing.

Is Draco /fa/?

Imagine Snape killing Richard Harris' Dumbledore on the Astronomy Tower

It would have been heartbreaking

You seem to have issues misremembering how shit went down. It wasn't a heated argument settled the next day, it was months of Ron whining and being an insecure asshole while alienating himself from his friends. He was acting like an angsty bitch.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you were that whiny, insecure friend, and thats why you're trying so hard to rewrite Rons behaviour in a positive light.

Better than /fa/.

Slytherin = Trump
Gryffindor = Hillary

Yes, it was months of Ron whining and being insecure and alienating himself. HOWEVER he actively went out of his way to aid his friend and save his life when he needed him the most. Even while he was whining and feeling his most insecure. That is a loyal friend.

>Adopting that other lad's "BETA MALE REEEEEE" approach
wew

Good job bud.

Morseo than Harry Potter who dresses like an overweight nerd from the 90s

>get banned from /lit/
>start spamming this after school shit here
do your fucking job sange

lmao kys yourself

What does Sup Forums think of Methods of Rationality?

Kek at far right, looks he most /fa/ too

I'll totally give you that helping Harry then was a stand up move on his part, but that doesn't make him any more tolerable. He was still a mopey bitch and unenjoyable to read about.

Or him drinking that poison and screaming in agony earlier

fuck

Richard Harris was great at melancholy and anger. He'd have done an incredible job with the more complex Dumbledore in the subsequent books.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-03oFgvyQ