ENT: Twilight

WORST EPISODE:
TOS: Spock's Brain
TNG: The Child
DS9: Profit and Lace
VOY: Threshold
ENT: These Are the Voyages...

>VOY: Threshold

This episode is terrible in the context of the show.
But as it's own thing, it's an interesting story it and keeps my attention.
Reminds me of movies like Altered States.

For me it was the ridiculousness of the plot that made me hate it. Some other bad episodes include Sacred Ground and all of the Chakotay native american spirit episodes.

>DS9: Duet

Best of the early seasons

bump

I always hated The Inner Light

it just doesnt feel like Trek and is boring as fuck

There are a lot worse episodes in TNG than The Child too, its bad but not Shades of Gray or the one where Crusher fucks a ghost bad

The one where A COOCHIE MOI YUH has to box with aliens telepathically might be the worst episode in all of Trek

I always skip his eps if I watch VOY

He's evolving!

>doesnt feel like Trek
What does feel like Trek then? Trek to me is morality and good story telling in space.

I believe that the one when they found a planet with space Indians, who traveled to earth for 3 generations to teach some local Indians how to draw lines in sand and tattoo themselves was even worse. I mean what the fuck even.

But I suppose quite a bit of episodes that were maybe tolerable on a first watch would be unbearable during rewatch, I just went through the series once.

Yeeah spin that shit, cap'n! Most episodes with time/space travel/distortions are good.

>These Are the Voyages

Why did you remind me this episode existed.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

episode is boring except
>"just one more thing"
>"you can all go straight to hell"
>explodes

It's inexcusable how bad and bland this character is. He's supposed to be some Maqi leader, expert in gorilla warfare with 300 confirmed kills. An outlaw badass.
Not a good uncle to every fucking one.
Same goes for Paris too to some extent.

The one when Kes went to jail. What were they thinking?

>tfw no bonus situation as captain Picard

Well?
which one?

I didn't like the episode with his daughter. It was Datacringe.

>BEST EPISODE:
>TOS: All Our Yesterdays
>TNG: Thine Own Self
>DS9: By Inferno's Light
>VOY: Mortal Coil
>ENT: Damage

>WORST EPISODE:
>TOS: The Apple
>TNG: ******AQUIEL********
>DS9: Melora
>VOY: Innocence
>ENT: These Are the Voyages...

Aquiel is one of the worst episodes but not the most boring.

oh shit, I saw that too!

KOTTO: Captain Kotto, here. Admiral... whatsa' deal with this BONUS SITUATION?

NAKAMURA (Admiral): Captain, don't worry, it's a new form of life. Our agent will show you the initiation.

KOTTO: A'ight but dis BETTA' BE GOOD!

Banana, tell me about your banana, organs.

This is Captain Luigi Mozzarella of the USS Pizzacutter. Come aboard, we'll have lunch. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

>Select all images with pizza.

trying again

I like the episode where troi and yar lez out with graphic sex scenes.

>Plain black background and white text
Shamefur

>Voyager's Native American writing advisor was actually an Armenian scam artist
The more you learn about Voyager, the more you just feel sad for them.

My favorite episode of DS9 is The Wire but In the Pale Moonlight is objectively the best episode of the series so I'm torn.

...bueno...

Who might this jizzard wizzard be?

Hi, Neelix. I was going going to the sonic shower.

I like every Star Trek episode. They're all great. Anyone who says there's a bad Star Trek episode isn't a true Trekker.

Aquiel is bad but there are so many worse episodes in TNG

I've never seen any episode of any Star Trek.

What are the best episodes of The Next Generation?
I'll probably watch them, then maybe all of it.

BEST
TOS: Balance of Terror
TNG: Chain of Command I/I (Based Jellico)
DS9: Duet
VOY: Basics I/II (Brad Dourif)
ENT: Through a Mirror Darkly

WORST
TNG: Shades of Grey
DS9: Move Along Home
VOY: Too many to choose
ENT: A Night in Sickbay

Best of Both Worlds two parter is a pretty good place to start to see if you'd like it.

Should start with TOS, though. In an odd sort of way, it's aged better than TNG has.

Watch Darmok. If you like that, watch it from the beginning.

If you hate the beginning, come back here and we'll tell you what to skip.

Fuck you that was the best episode.

It had a fantastic concept: What would it be like to be a parent to your own clone? You would essentially be raising yourself and observing what kind of person you would become in a different life.

No wonder he revolted.

Reminder that Jellico would have eradicated the Borg given the chance.

He should've never given the ship back. I liked how he whipped the crew into shape.

>Hating Move Along Home

Pleb confirmed.

That's because Picard is a nice grandpa who only pulls out the belt when you talk shit. Jellico actually has military leadership.

>ENT: A Night in Sickbay

>bad

BEST EPISODE:
TOS: City on the Edge of Forever
TNG: Tapestry
DS9: In The Pale Moonlight
VOY: Timeless
ENT: The Forge/Awakening/Kir'Shara

WORST EPISODE:
TNG: Code of Honor
DS9: The Muse
VOY: Fair Haven
ENT: A Night in Sickbay

It's a very common opinion. It's fine if you disagree, but don't act so shocked.

What's the joke? You legitimately put ANIS over These Are The Voyages?

I get that it was a little stupid but hardly bad or even worst tier.

>What's the joke? You legitimately put ANIS over These Are The Voyages?

I didn't have a problem with how they framed the ENT finale within a TNG episode. I know lots of fans complained because they didn't get "closure", but that's not something I care about.

The commanding officer of humanity's first deep-space exploration vessel acting like a hormonal teenager because of a sick dog.

Don't start with Best of Both Worlds, without knowing the characters involved the emotional impact will be completely lost. Just follow the guide.

You got a problem with Porthos mate?

Making the dog that cute was a cheap move but it totally worked.

None whatsoever.

I'm going to feed him cheese! Don't tell the Captain!

>I didn't have a problem with how they framed the ENT finale within a TNG episode.

But that actually wasn't the gripe with fans, mostly that is. It was the holodeck simulation factor, Trip's rather quick and pointless death, Riker and Troi's fat discussions about them while looking older and larger in an episode 12 years prior to, the interview scenes that made TNG more the focal point than the NX crew.

I get the Night in Sickbay griefing though as it made Archer look like an oddball woman for an episode which was, even then, a bit much.

Compared to TATV, it's not even close to being as bad. Ending off your series by giving the beloved engineer a weak death, and making the focal point a fat Riker in the TNG holodeck seemed a bit insulting to actual fans of the show. And the episode itself had such a low-tier script as well with the ship getting raided by some marauders in for it against Shran I think.

w/e, to each their but own but that's a long shot for me.

See this is how a guide is done right by not giving one's own opinion to every episode and then saying just skip it.

the autist with the Voyager shit that ends at Threshold is trying to be funny and memeworthy but he stops the series a season before it starts getting really good

This is wrong.
Enterprise is good, and so is Nemesis.

Guy who made the flowchart here. We've voted on it loads of times and Enterprise and Voyager always come bottom of the polls for shows and Nemesis for movies, even if you love them all you have to admit they're not as good as earlier Trek ventures and most people don't share your opinion. I'd rather someone came into them pleasantly surprised than furious at me for lying to them and not going any further into Trek because of it.

But Voyager never gets good.

Voyager is way worse than ENT. Trip has more charisma than the entire human cast of VOY combined.

>I'd rather someone came into them pleasantly surprised
I don't agree with your taste in Trek but this is a good point.

You could ask an additional question.

>Would you mind if the show becomes awful now?
>No.
>How awful?
>50% awful ----------> Enterprise
>75% awful ----------> Voyager

>Would you mind if the show becomes awful now?
>No.
>How awful?
>50% awful ----------> Enterprise
>75% awful ----------> Voyager

That would require a wild card or something like saying "by end we mean the finale". Because most would say Endgame is better than Voyages.

>Endgame is better than Voyages.
It is, but I don't think Voyages is bad. Just ok.

>I don't think Voyages is bad. Just ok.
This is a HIGHLY uncommon opinion from Trekkers for all the reasons listed here.

I do agree, I think it's being memed on too hard. It is weaker than all the star treks before it, sure, and it has some truly mind-bogglingly awful stinkers, but every single series had some.
It's just .. a bit on the boring and underwhelming side. Far from great, but not exactly truly awful either.

Lets not forget how flat out dumb all the characters acted in the finale. Ambushing some space pirates? Lets send literally the most important man in history armed with a decade-old pea shooter.

The *Vulcan* had a nervous breakdown, after spending 7 years regaining control of her emotions.

It didn't occur to the most gifted engineer in Starfleet that if he held his fucking breath instead of taunting the baddies he'd walk away with a headache and no eyebrows.

Someone in one of the other Trek threads that didn't survive mentioned Chaos On The Bridge, watching now and it's really quite good. Can we work on a list of /trek/ approved Trek documentaries? Here's a start:

>Chaos On The Bridge
About Gene Roddenberry trying to create Star Trek and the reboots of it
>How William Shatner Changed The World
About inventions inspired by Star Trek
>The Captains
About the actors that played Captains in Star Trek

Trek Nation was definitely a good and objective look at Gene's life through his son's eyes and interviews with various writers and producers he worked with over the years.

Other than the JJ interview, I found it to be an 8/10 doc.

>The Captains
Watched it a few days ago, it's ok.
Is Avery Brooks always so ... out there?

>watching now and it's really quite good.
Same. I downloaded it and watched it just now.
Great stuff.

>the JJ interview
ew

>Is Avery Brooks always so ... out there?

>LIGHTS
>CAMERA
>EDDINGTON

He'll be fine.

We're talking about an episode, not a series.

well fuck me
>Voyages
not
>Voyager

sorry

Course: Oblivion is the best voyager episode, it starts out with you thinking that it's some problem of the week but eventually it's clear that it's a callback to a random episode with a "demon class" planet that duplicates Harry Kim. The entire crew and ship is made of biomemetic planet goop and it's all melting, they desperately try to get a message out to anyone that will listen so their adventures and knowledge and souls won't be lost to the ether but they disintegrate just as the real voyager plows over there ashes. Janeway gets a weird look on her face like "what's that smell?" then sips her coffee and tells Harry to go to warp 9 because that sector is a shitty neighborhood.

>The studios were insisting on a 2 hour pilot, Gene wanted 1
>The producers and studio won
>Gene refused to write it
>Fontana wrote the Farpoint mystery story
>Gene inserted all the Q stuff into it and claimed he wrote the episode
>It went to arbitration and they decided it would be a split credit
What a dick, everything I hear about him makes him sound like more of a Ferengi

List of /trek/-approved behind-the-scenes books:

>Inside Star Trek: The Real Story (shits on Gene Roddenberry)
>Fade In: From Idea to Final Draft (shits on Paramount Pictures and every person involved with Star Trek: Insurrection)
>The Fifty-Year Mission: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Star Trek (shits on everyone)

Who /voy/agerm here?

Instead of thinking of Voyager as the worst Star Trek, I prefer to think of Voyager as the fifth-best Star Trek.

>What a dick, everything I hear about him makes him sound like more of a Ferengi

wannabe (((marxist)))*

shit I forgot about that one
It was pretty great.

I feel like Voyager as a whole is better than Enterprise as a hole but Ent has a higher peak

Looks like she's fuggin' 11 there yo, how is she even still alive at so old

I SCAYED GEO'DIE!

I just began watching TNG and I want to slap Wesley Crusher in the face.
Will he get better ?
And is it wrong if I kind of think that TNG looks a lot less boring than TOS ?

Played by a female dog because male beagles are insane

What's worse Threshold or Profit and Lace?

Profit and Lace made me push the "next episode" button.

It didn't make me question why the series as a whole continued to exist.

yes
season 1 is the worst, almost ruined by this little shit
he becomes much less of a focus in season 2, to disappear completely later on

so don't worry it gets better

the muse and it's not even close

Part of the much maligned Jake Sisko Collection.

>We were having great fun until December of '86.

>And, about February, Leonard Maizlish moved in full time, and things started to go to hell.

>He came on the lot and got his own office. When we went into production the first season. Even though he was the executive producer's lawyer, he would hand me scripts saying these were notes from Gene, but I knew Gene's handwriting and they were not notes from Gene.

>The writers got ahold of this knowledge that Leonard Maizlish, who was not a Writers Guild member, was working on scripts. Here's a guy who'd never written a word in his life and he was telling writers how to write Star Trek scripts.

>And this is very much against the Writers Guild. My agent took this stuff to the Guild, and the Guild filed a grievance and Leonard Maizlish got banned from the lot. But then he kind of snuck back in again.

>We'd gone to lunch, we'd come back, Leonard Maizlish had snuck into people's computers.

trip is charming but only because of his giant block head and southern drawl

It reminded me of the way I'd feel...you remember...when Father...would—

And he took getting knocked up like a champ.

Too bad you'll never get knocked up or have a period or go through wild hormonal changes because it's that time of the month, or have to deal with the horrors of menopause and the loss of one's sexuality .. wait, scratch that last one.

Bashirfaggot has claimed to be a female in the past. A disrespectful one that wears clothing and talks to strangers and refuses to chew our replicated tendies for us.