Why do indieheads hate metal and prog so much, mu??

Why do indieheads hate metal and prog so much, mu??

inb4 "the riff kills the soyboy"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Sb46VD5CmA
youtube.com/watch?v=41PxFzoqULU
youtube.com/watch?v=fvqQve1dpOk
youtube.com/watch?v=9-BMlq_zyko
youtube.com/watch?v=rGHat7IeNaA
youtube.com/watch?v=SNIof77YZCA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7MJq3XqTWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because metal is a problematic genre that is too scary and prog is immature because music shouldn't be about knowing how to play your instrument well!

epic good sir hjaha! i loved your use of buzzwords, how do i give gold on Sup Forums??

because we call them cucks h24 dude. We started hating them so they started hating us, it's not rocket science

the riff kills the soyboy

Soyboys was killed by the riff

I'd probably be considered an indiehead and I like prog a lot. I don't like metal because it's a cringy genre for cringy people.

because it's basically devoid of melody

i should clarify, metal is generally devoid of melody. prog is pretty cool

i got kicked out of the old indieheads plug dj room for playing Starless by King Crimson once. ama

You don't know what melody is.

I would never call myself an "indiehead" but I listen to indie and prog quite a bit.

Idk if Dungeon synth count as metal but i really like that genre

>posts a chart made to have albums of the indie pop/rock genre in it
>IT DOESN'T HAVE PROG AND METAL THEY HATE IT DURR DURR

Nuclear drums vaporize the soyboy.

t. Musical layman

go back to r/indiecucks faggot

congratulations you are a chad

metal is for cringy manchildren edgelords, truly the worst kind of people. prog is cool though

>I'm a vegetarian, so I eat tofu for protein - which is soy
>I'm a massive metalhead

Meh

lmao metal shitters are the most insecure people on earth, why do you care so much about what other people think of your shit genre? you dont see punkheads being so catty, they just do their thing

They are both complex structured genres which are inherently tougher to get into. Not only that, both push the concepts of melody in popular music to the edge in their own way, which also makes it harder to get into. Metal's also got unusual textures in it that take time to get used to as well while also often being highly aggressive.

Comparatively almost all the albums in OP pic have simple catchy melodies put into simply structured music that's not very offensive in terms of being visceral, usually pretty laid back. Outside the generalized mindset of "muh complexity" or "muh brootality" or w/e, prog and metal as a whole are much tougher to digest as forms of music. Not only for indie fans, but music listeners in general (younger prog and metal fans included.)

>Problematic
>Shouldnt be about playing your music well

Found the liberal. Liberals want to destroy all culture and art that shows talent

>fell for painfully obvious bait

Found the drooling retard.

they hate dadrock even more

Congratulations.

what the fuck is that chart, half of that is about as 'indie' as death grips is metal
its like someone took a shoegaze list and slapped 'indieheads' on top of it.

The funny thing is most of what they listen to is heavily influenced by 60's "dad-rock" bands

I don't see 60s as dad rock, most of the things my dad listens are from the 80s( he is also a big fan of 70s funk). He probably sees the 60s as dadrock, which means it is grandpa rock to 90s kids

>chart for indie rock fans is full of popular indie rock records

Shocking

lmao go back to your hole, pajeet

I kek and then die a little bit every time I see someone say metal has no melodies on the board that's supposed to be for music enthusiasts. Do you guys think some gritty production and harsh vocals means there's no melody?

"Pretentious" is their absolute favorite word.

They talk about emotions and shit, yet when someone comes along who wants to express themselves in a "grand" way -- or god forbid tell a story -- they scream "pretentious! inauthentic!" and then go back to pretending to enjoy PBR.

ah yes, Demon Days, ITAOTS and OK Computer, my favorite shoegaze albums

>metal and prog
grow the fuck up, manbaby. also because they have good taste.

>Why do indieheads hate metal and prog so much, mu??

glugglugglug, delicious soy

spotted the king of numales

What? Do you know what melody is?

the combination with prog and metal bands leads to the worst kinda fedora perma-virgins

>inb4 "hurr durr soy xD"

i enjoy all of these things

what does that make me

Since when is The Cure indie?

>metal and prog
stop lumping them together
prog guys are great at instrumental technique and arrangements for their songs, but the genre is low test as fuck
metal is edgy and macho
metal has just as much if not more in common with punk than prog, and has more in common with punk than sadboi artschool indie shit

metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=_Sb46VD5CmA
youtube.com/watch?v=41PxFzoqULU

prog:
youtube.com/watch?v=9-BMlq_zyko
youtube.com/watch?v=rGHat7IeNaA

punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=SNIof77YZCA
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7MJq3XqTWc

kek

I see literally one good album on there and it is Loveless

>extreme "metal"
>metal at all
real metal is iron maiden

>black metal is the only type of metal.
there's lot's of metal that values instrumental technique retard. listen to pic related.

idk my dude, most indiheads call stuff like Grateful Dead dad-rock

This album is too good for Sup Forums

>tfw metal and prog are my two favorite rock genres
I don't know why I bother with this board anymore, I feel left behind

dadrockers are ruining this board

Dadrock is soyboy repellent

>>tfw metal and prog are my two favorite rock genres
pls tell me you're under twenty

Go listen to your shitty and rap nu-male, I have probably been on this board longer than you before you ruined it with your low quality music

Sup Forums has always had really basic taste in metal and prog though

Sup Forums has always had really basic taste in everything

If you play with more technique than the Sex Pistols you're doing it wrong.

yep under twenty for sure

Because metal and prog aren't indie.

So being here for a long time is nothing to brag about