Why are some black people anti-Roots?

Why are some black people anti-Roots?

youtube.com/watch?v=FANhQNFzF7o

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/news/snoop-dogg-slams-roots-remake-calls-for-boycott-20160530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That guy literally looks like a monkey. Also it's because of Snoop Dogg.

rollingstone.com/music/news/snoop-dogg-slams-roots-remake-calls-for-boycott-20160530

It doesn't portray them as kangz

Someone change that K into a C.

WE

the comments are gold

are all respectable gentlemen in this establishment

see anything kangly about these comments?

Roots has nothing to do with black people. Roots is about white people indulging in self-hate and guilt trips.

White supremacists and self-hating whites are two sides of the same coin.

take a look at that pharaonic throw...they wuz kangz without a doubt

>random white guy shows up out of nowhere when he finally fires the thing

There already was a superior ROOTS made and they're beating a dead horse by now.

That and do black people benefit from this, or Hollywood jews?

>That and do black people benefit from this
No. This is a shameless attempt to profit off the increased racial tensions in the US.

It symbolizes self-hating whites, jumping in front of those blacks to protect them. They will both die when TDOTR comes.

What the fuck. That white guy is no where in any of the previous shots.

>fire a cannon at your own ship
yeah definitely not dangerous to the ship

Now that is bad writing.

>nigger power fantasies

That was terrible javelin throwing form

>No. This is a shameless attempt to profit off the increased racial tensions in the US.

This.
This is what I perceived to be happening.
>Everything was an affront to Toby.
>Contrived situations to make Toby victimized.
>Every offense against the negras was neatly rolled up into this story.
>Only sympathetic white was a woman and a spy.
>Every other white depicted was verbally or physically abusive, a rapist, and evil.

Driving the buggy with master in the back. He was chatty with master after delivering a baby. "Gonna treat that baby like it's your own!" Master slaps upside the head. Master was angry 'cause the help was implying he was a cuck.

Fuck this dumbass remake.

>naked, muscular blacks
>slow motion spear throw
>whitey btfo
>white guy who fires the shot kills his own

shiiieeet, whitey boy never stood a chance...

Black people keep asking for more fictional representation. They often get their demands met for McFeels reasons OP.

When the (((producers))) finally give in, they make a movie about racism, or slavery, or interracial shit. Always. The never depict black people in a non-agenda story, and it appears after 50 or so years of this sort of (((treatment))) black people are getting tired of this shit.

The man has a point. Why are they always begging? Where are their accomplishments?

>Not using your rifle as a club

Guy deserved to die for not having common sense.

KUNTa
kkkkeeeeeeek

I wish I was white.
I'd give anything just to be white.
Where I live I can become anything if I'm white.

Nice embroidery tag on the inside of his hat.
Literal shit tier production design.
Digital watches bruh

Honestly, it seems that everyone is getting tired of bringing up old vices that everyone just wants to forget.

Reminding black people of slavery just gives them a victim complex, while reminding white people of slavery just makes them feel guilty for no fucking reason.

Sure, go over it in textbooks, but we're kind of over saturated with muh slavery in pop culture right now.

somebody write I AM KANG please

>Egypt
we wuz kangz

He's not wrong, and it also falls under the unnecessary remake camp as well. I was still interested until then added islam to the mix.

I may still check it out, but after that TEXAS miniseries completely fumbled, I have lost faith in History Channel to make a good miniseries, too bad because hatfield and Mccoy was bretty good.

This.

Most whites in this country had no African slave-owning ancestors. And black people are tired of this sort of thing being constantly produced.

so much fcking slow motion. Just watch Amistad instead.

they were.
we're black.

It really is too, they're attempting to assimilate black victimhood onto themselves. Many whites in the US are always looking to make themselves victims of some kind of oppression beuase they have never actually been oppressed. Often, they imagine some kind of unconfirmed oppression (patriarchy, heteronormative ideologies, Feminism, Stacys and chads, ect) So they can feel oppressed because they have not connection to their own cultural roots.

white your skin, Africans are literally doing it all the time. Went to nigeria last year. Lost of men and women there lighten their skin to look whiter

whats up with the cinematography, it's all over the place.

WUZ

agreed. I know a girl that avoids these kinds of movies for that exact reason. "I can't see that movie. I end up feel like I need to find the nearest black person and apologize. It was real shit, american slavery. Can't we just try not bringing it up for one whole year?"

Because it probably reminds them they was slaves and not kings

Wait, I thought they were chained up

Africa Addio is a sick film senpai, all dem dead negroes.

>whiten skin and get cancer
>stay black

damn tough

they break the chains with a hatchet

The dumbest scene I remember is the next to last one where the old slavemaster literally sets them free and tells them to go. His racist son comes out of nowhere and start mouthing off about how the white man will never let them be truly free or accept them as equals. One of the black characters just shoots the guy right there and no one seems to care very much.

They're getting sick of the slavesploitation genre like everyone else.

this pretty much

Is Father's Day like being alone on Christmas for all black people?

If you change one letter, it spells Cunta.
If you change another letter, it spells Kunda, which means cunt in Czech.

Pure coincidence?

This. all the black people i know hate how theres 2-3 slavery movies a year. Its the carls and the aids skrillexes that eat shit like this up

COLONIZED