Yfw reshoots were basically to create an entirely different movie

>yfw reshoots were basically to create an entirely different movie

will we ever see the original Rogue One?

>I rebel
it's probably much worse

Well did we see the snowspeeder action scene in TFA?

the reshoots were confirmed not in the movie
everyone got pissed off by the trailers being more quippy

>Mendelsohn

Any relation to F. Mendelssohn, the great German composer?

You don't spend millions on reshoots and not use them.

Hopefully they'll release an extended edition monstrosity with all the scenes making a 3-4 hour movie.

>In October 2009, he was featured in the Australian series Who Do You Think You Are?, tracing the ancestry of his paternal grandfather, who was from a Jewish family, as well as convicts on his mother's side. Searching for a connection to composer Felix Mendelssohn, which was eventually dismissed, he discovered links to 19th century Prussia. His ancestors were amongst the first Prussian Jews to be naturalised in Schneidemühl in the province of Posen, now Piła in modern Poland.

The reshoots were to add the big space battle at the end. The original was more self contained and focused on the MCs on Scarrif trying to escape.

This was in response to the the huge positive effect on WOM that the airport scene in Civil War created. The GA loves large and memorable action scenes.

>(((Mendelsohn)))

knew it.

eh, he's no more than 1/4th kike. I'll give him a pass

Hitler wouldn't

Paternal. No access to Israel. Status: Goy.

Main characters
Word of mouth
General audience

Get off Sup Forums gramps; you're lucky I have an autistic knack for figuring out acronyms

>that space battle starring pilots we never met before nor care about
>memorable
KEK

This is not how it works. If your mother is jewish you'll be jewish no metter what. If only your father is jewish you have a "choice" but basically you're still considered jew.

The original version exists but Disney won't release it until years later

I don't know why companies do that. The film has already been paid for

Blue squadron was pretty cool.

They all blowed up.

Hell nah, Gareth Edwards is too awesome for Disney to allow his actual artistry to come out. They just tacked him on for name recognition before they railroaded his great shit through their SJW jew factory.

Makes me sick, but I know it was gonna happen.

Maximize profits. Wait a year or three until the hype of the movie has died off, then release (((superdank limited speshul edition))) for maximum cashgrab

>Rebels literally attacked a civilian installment and killed thousands of innocents

>Gareth Edwards
>name recognition

that little number makes me think you got that pic from a reddity "top 6 facebook posts that will rock your socks off"

>All germanic names are now associated with Judaism in the common people's mind

The jews won.

>Gareth Edwards
banned from ever making a big film out of sheer incompetence, has no new projects lined up. that's what you get from screwing with two of the biggest franchises in history

It was. It was from a college humor article from a while ago about ultra-cringey pseudo-intellectual posts.

You don't understand.
Outside of Germany after both World Wars, most people of Germanic descent anglicized or changed entirely their family names to avoid discrimination.
Thus you find the majority of (((people))) you hear about with Germanic-sounding family names turn out to be jews.

There are of course the patently german-jew names like Dreyfuss. When they first came to Germany, the authorities there fucked with them and gave them stupid-sounding names on purpose. No real German was ever named Cohen.

You do if it makes more financial sense. I don't know if it did in this case, so I don't know if reshoots were ignored, but whatever is judged to make people more money will be done, no matter how wasteful it seems.

I wouldn't mind if Disney did that
Or
WB releasing the super dank Ayers suicide squad

It's Bound to sell some dvds and the money has already been spent.

Disney better release both versions in the blu ray... or at least an Extended edition. I know you're in here Disney execs. I wanna see Rogue One get slaughtered by Vader.

I was waiting for this shitty line but was pleasantly surprised that they cut it out, and that Jyn turned out to be a pretty likable character and not much of a Mary Sue like Rey.

He wasn't talking about the reshoots though. He was talking about the main shoot. Apparently they shot up to 4-5 versions of many scenes in the movie so they'd have lots of options in editing, and he says that theoretically, by changing out every scene with one of the radically different alternate versions you would wind up with a vastly different take on the movie.

You should have actually read the article, idiot.

Also, we know that the reshoots were mainly for the big battle at the end.

>the money has been spent

You're looking at it differently than these companies do. You're saying all expenses are done, so any sales past the initial release are just a bonus, right? Well, when making spreadsheets to decide whether or not to invest in something, and HOW MUCH money to invest, they take into account profits beyond just the initial release; things such as projected dvd and merchandise sales, limited rescreenings

In other words, releasing limited editions at sub-optimal time DOES hurt their projected/perceived bottom line

have you ever considered that the reshoots might have actually been done to improve the film?

>likeable character
WHAT CHARACTER?
I feel like I could count her lines on my hand. Her whole character was "muh dad" and "muh rebellion mothafucka"
she showed no emotion, either. When her fucking dad died, and she found out cassian was going to kill him, she didn't even seem mad despite the fact that she was basically being used to assasinate her father, and the frenchy faggot basically said "you cant do anything, you motherfucker, I don't have to talk my way out of this" then flicked his cigarette at her and climbed up the ladder on the shuttle as if they weren't both on the same ship and he was safe in some special realm where he wasn't dangerously close to the daughter of a man who he admitted to being assigned to kill.

To be fair, the film made a big thing about how the rebels often have morally ambiguous actions in the name of the greater good

Edwards got cucked out of Godzilla 2 after Legendary saw how much of a better job Anno was doing.

our family never misses a Gareth Edwards film, he's my wife's son's favorite director

I can judge that for myself thank you very much

HAHAHAHHAA
THIS.IS .LITERALLY.THE .FUNNIEST.MEME .OF.THIS.YEAR
I love seeing these
Best meme ever
HAHAHHAHA
YOU
SAID
MY
WIFE'S
SON!!!!!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

yeah and that's why they replaced him with the guy who directed fucking KRAMPUS

Great now the autistic machildren are going to chimp out for a Director's cut $uper deluxe edition

Shouldn't you be prepping your bull right now

You can get it free either way you baby

the reshoots were known for like 6+ months before it came out
the last half was going to be found footage/ documentary style

triggered cu.ck detected lmao.

source on that?

I would like to, because the first trailers had some really fucking cool shots
The shot of Krennick from the teaser wasnt in the movie, the shot of the captured X Wing pilots wasnt in the movie, but at the same time...
The original version is probably filled with more shitty I Rebel type lines, and Rogue 1 survives which would just be stupid since we never see them in the OT

google the interviews you retard