Scouring of the Scouring of the Shire

>Leave out the most important chapter in the whole story
>shows how the hobbits had grown and were able to react to the outside world and defend themselves.
>literally completes the circle of the story.
>leave it out for muh aragorn.

bravo hackson

They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25. The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing.

>most important chapter
>Ring is destroyed, realm of men saved and rightful King crowned
>Hurr sauronman is randomly back at the Shire oh wormtongue killed him okay see ya

It wouldn't have translated well to film and you know it. While it may have been thematically important for the books, it would just feel lackluster to do it without redoing the entire second and third film.

fuck you, scouring and tom bombadil were both pointless bullshit and their absence is for the best

this

I barely even remember anything about the scouring. Its useless filler like everything in Dragonball after Goku beat Piccolo Jr

BBC radio version has the Scouring, cuts Tom.
Bill Nighy as Sam, Ian Holm as Frodo. Very comfy.

People already complained that RotK was too long and with too many ending.

I would have loved, personally, but let's not be ridiculous.

this shit was the best part of the whole book

How many hobbit girls were raped by big burly Uruk-hai?

Do you think any of them ahegao'd from the pleasure?

You have never read the books if you think the scouring could be possible in Jackson's movies.

I begrudgingly agree with this. It could've been great, but only if the tones of the last two films were different and the connection to the world and characters were deeper.

They would've had to be different, and better films, but if they were, the scouring could've been the sweetest part for many people. It's awesome to read and realize its significance in the books.

>the tones of the last two films were different and the connection to the world
even in that case there would been time restrictions. It would be just a too long movie.
You have to accept that books and movies are two different media with different strengths and limitations.

Bombadil is based, and he says a lot of things about the world and their quest. There's even a scene where Frodo HANDS HIM the fucking ring, and he just holds it a second then laughs and gives it back.

Bombadil and Goldberry are based as fuck, and you know now how much you miss them because ye are ign'ant.

Plus Goldberry alone would've been hot as fuck all and a better waifu than Stephen Tyler lips or I-am-no-bro Eowyn.

Would've been perfect for extended editions which they put a bunch of other trivial but awesome shit in.

No sorry.
This is not just, say, get an asshole dressed as the Mouth of Sauron and talk with Aragorn and Saruman.

This would mean new sets and costumes and all sort of shit that would make it either too expensive or half-assed.

Think that Bombadil or the scouring would have been a good idea for movie trilogy is a severe case of armchair director.

Jackson spent a good deal and effort to show the ring as a constant menace.
Even characters less affected in the book, like Faramir, are at risk.

Show in the movie, to a lot of people not familiar with Tolkien mythos, a chuckelfuck that is just immune outright outside the shire would have been a bad move.

alri christopher

It's too bad. There's a good lesson in the chapter in that it basically describes a Communist takeover of the Shire.

>food production is seized for redistribution by thugs who call themselves "gatherers and sharers"
>police state, environmental degradation, etc.

>tfw you'll never cum on Goldberry's face

It was actually a capitalist takeover.

What is that? A picture for hobbits?

I want to know more about Elwe, Luthien's father.
How does an elf manage to bone a Maia?

if they were going to cut anything it should have been the ghost pirates. Didn't really have a major role in the books( that couldn't have easily been filled by something else), and made the final battle look ridiculous.

SOTS made it so ALL hobbits participated in the war of the ring, just like everyone in Gondor and Rohan. I also liked the scenes with the Innkeeper in Bree too. I wish there were more non nobility humans in the film

jeez son, you want the movie to be 8 hours long?