ITT Oscar bait movies that were complete failures

ITT Oscar bait movies that were complete failures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWtLFoFCdis
youtube.com/watch?v=xfTcXR-mPO8
geeksofdoom.com/2012/01/12/george-lucas-says-red-tails-is-as-close-to-star-wars-episode-7-as-well-get
youtube.com/watch?v=CnFOtp9YW_Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=pWtLFoFCdis

Why do these movies get made if they don't win any awards and they make no money at the box office?

Muh """"""art""""""

I still remember the boos it got when they nominated it as Best Picture, was a fucking top kek moment

This, Its so bad.

Miss Sloane

How are you going to claim that a movie released in january is oscar bait?

Studios release garbage in Jan/Feb/March because they know that's when you release garbage.

Scam investors, you subhire companies you own and you pay yoursefl with some Saudi trust fund money. If the movie does good, fine, the investor is happy. If it doesn't well, you got your shekels already

That was more like trying to be another Gone Girl then oscarbait shit.

do they show all the women and children he murdered?

Who cares about "art" if superhero flicks and blockbusters make billions every year and are infinitely more popular than these films?

>No Schindlers List
> No Generation X
> No Crash

kuks

that's when they dump their failed oscar bait, the type of movies that start production as hopeful oscar winners, but the finished product is so terrible that they push them back

Schindlers List was the exact opposite of a failure

Explain to me how Crash or Schindler's List were failures

It's pretty simple. He posted bait, and you replied, giving him the dotted line he so desperately craves.

Schindler's is basically the only holocaust movie worth watching.

I was about to post the curious case of benjamin button but then I saw it got 13 fucking oscar nominations.... REALLY?!?!!?

whiy is leo a michael shanon?

This right here is the biggest one, 99% of the stuff in this bullshit film was made up. Only thing true was that there was a black butler

cusack did a good nixon

that is literally the only positive thing i remember about this
Oprah was abysmal

well, Crash really, really sucked. It may have been a commercial success and it was certainly successful at being oscar-bait, but it wasn't very good.

I suppose it's an objective success for what it was trying to do

Obviously when it was in production they thought "this will win an Oscar!" but then after the studio saw the finished product they realized it was hopeless so they decided to dump it in January.

So you missed the thread's point completely. Gotcha.

Might as well be a failure, we all know it's coming

It looks painfully boring but it got critical acclaim which means it'll get a best picture nomination. I'm hoping it fails but the Oscars are in full white guilt mode right now because of #OscarsSoWhite.

is this worth watching at all, it seems to have some decent names init

we meme about HOL UP WE WUZ KANGZ, and a year or two later, we get a movie about WE WUZ NASA N SHIT. I'm chalking this up to meme magic.

And pic-related is the """black""" woman who helped with the programming.

>Based on the untold real story

Thanks. I had nearly forgotten this existed.

The movie is total oscarbait but she is a negress user.

who funds these guaranteed failures? surely it's not (((them)))

She's a quadroon. She's not white, but I still find it hilarious that they have to grasp for straws to say that blacks did anything of significance.

I heard it described as the type of movie they put on in history class when there's nothing else to do, so it might be as middling as you think it'll be, but who knows? There's nothing else to talk about other than it coming out in January, which isn't a good sign. Any other discussion would just turn into
>I hate niggers lmao

>science-faction

I hope so, it looks awful

At least this one made a lot of money.

>black critic praises it

GEE, WHO'D KNOW

wasn't the director of this movie a rapist or something like that?

black nerd girl like movie about black nerd girl

he was accused of rape but never convicted, iirc

of course to feminists it's guilty until proven innocent so they boycotted a film they would have otherwise lauded

I have never seen a more unlikeable main character in a movie before, that fucking kid 0 redeeming qualities

that's a cashgrab on the success of Gone Girl, not oscarbait

>portraying J. Edgar Hoover as a good guy
>Oscar bait

cucklateral beauty

this shit is so fucking embrassing

Son of Saul is better than Schindler's List though.

Well that's not quite right - there's no dispute about what happened on the night of the "rape," the girl was blackout drunk, she'd had sex with Nate Parker before, but he decided spur-of-the-moment to invite his friends to gangbang her. One of them declined and left, the other (also the screenwriter of the film, fwiw) stayed and fucked her. She was heavily intoxicated but not quite unconscious, so it was deemed to be consensual.

If the case was tried today, he definitely would've been convicted. At the time, the laws were different. And after the trial, he and his friends threatened, harassed and smeared her until she dropped out of school and killed herself. I can kinda understand why people were pissed. It's still questionable whether he did anything ILLEGAL, but the whole thing was unquestionably awful.

>based on a critically acclaimed novel
>star-studded cast
>directed by the guy who won an Oscar for the screenplay of Schindler's List

zero Oscar nominations
critically panned
grossed less than $10 million out of a $55 million budget

Will Smith has a bunch of those

Americans love to push their own guilt on themselves with their movies kek

Big box office failure. I will check it out for the Hershlag

hmm, I wasn't aware of any of this

were he and his friends drunk?

youtube.com/watch?v=xfTcXR-mPO8

Why do people admire her anyway? She was a slut.

>do they show all the women and children he murdered?
No! If they had shown that shit I'd have seen it 10 times and bought all the BDs. Instead they turned the guy into a literal saint who dindu nuffin.

>cant win an oscar
>has lost his shine as a sci-fi/comedy guy
What's next for Will?

not as drunk as the girl

>She was a slut.
And this is a bad thing... how?

>Science-faction

U wut?

Good question, I don't really know. Read an article about it a while back. It seemed like the guys remembered every detail of what happened, and the girl didn't remember anything (or claimed not to).

Oh I'm sorry, it must've been BLACKS who made up the "one drop" rule amirite

>George Lucas Says ‘Red Tails’ Is As Close To ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ As We’ll Get

geeksofdoom.com/2012/01/12/george-lucas-says-red-tails-is-as-close-to-star-wars-episode-7-as-well-get

JFK was the one who fooled around, not his wife. I guess you could say she was the cuck.

But user, she dressed in pretty clothes!

for this role jamie foxx actually had his teeth filed down so he'd actually look like a homeless person

Why does her jacket have the initials AE if her name is Amelia Airheart?

Armond White didn't completely hate it.

2/10

>Will Smith writes to the personifications of death, love and time
>BUT WAIT! They're actually actors hired by his coworkers to make him look insane
>BUT WAIT! They actually might be real and oh god this film is a mess

>BUT WAIT! They're actually actors hired by his coworkers to make him look insane
Holy shit are you serious

That's just a crazy thing to do. Fake teeth are so fucking easy.

Reminds me of pic related - Jared Leto gained an absurd amount of weight for the role, and the movie was absolute trash

Is it even any good?

The Butler was a very important movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=CnFOtp9YW_Y

Absolutely not

WIKI WIKI WILD WILD WEST

No. In fact they gloss over/rush through the whole "revolution" so quickly it's basically just a brief montage. Aside from paving over any moral grey areas of the whole revolution, it was just a fucking letdown of an ending from a filmmaking standpoint. You don't even get a good battle scene.

fwiw I thought it was actually a pretty decent movie for the first two acts, not a masterpiece but easily 7/10 material. But holy fuck, they really whiffed it with the ending. I don't think this one was gonna win any Oscars even without the controversy over the director

Don't say that you shitlord.

this doesn't even look horrible it looks boring, I was expecting mixed to positive reviews not full on critical acclaim, but I guess critics are more interested in correcting the narrative than reviewing a movie as it is

ya cuz it be fact not fict smdh ignorint whiteys

Yeah. There's potential in the script for a good dark comedy, like a parody of schmaltzy "Oscar Bait" movies like this. But they don't commit to it, the movie's a fucking tonal mess. It seems like the screenwriter, the director, and Will Smith all had completely different ideas about what kind of movie they were making

He looks like my middle-aged uncle

You forgot
>failed as a father

>no Collateral Beauty
>mfw the trailers fucking lied
>mfw the movie actually turned out to be about a grieving man being gaslighted by his asshole coworkers by hiring actors to play Time, Love and Death so the asshole coworkers get to keep their jobs

TELL

Why hasn't Based Tom got an Oscar?

Get on my level niggers

His massive weight gain also caused him to contract gout.
All for a shitty independent movie literaly nobody saw.

BLEACHED

American Eagle product placement

This is the quintessential failed Oscar bait. (And also that Kate Winslet movie The Reader.)