Timberlake is performing at his second Super Bowl halftime show as a solo artist this weekend...

>Timberlake is performing at his second Super Bowl halftime show as a solo artist this weekend. He’s returning to the stage as an old family friend, one unblemished by the “wardrobe malfunction” that kneecapped Janet Jackson 14 years ago. The incident is a microcosm of Timberlake’s career: At no point has his ascendance been interrupted by anything like negative consequences. He played a pivotal role in one of this century’s defining TV controversies and was happily invited back to the scene of the crime little more than a decade later. He rush-recorded and released a massive two-part album to fulfill contractual obligations and was welcomed back into the music industry with arms wide open. He wore a full denim suit and cowboy hat on the red carpet; he played a crucial role in The Love Guru. None of it mattered. When you skate through your life unscathed, you accumulate hubris. And it takes a lot of hubris to make an album like Man of the Woods.

Thoughts on JT's hubris and consequence free existence?

why does this board pretend to hate pitchfork but read and share every shitty article and review they publish?

>implying it wasn't all staged

How did Justin manage to get away almost entirely without repercussion when Janet became almost non-personed for a while after the Superbowl performance?

There's literally the point, you chowderhead.

They do hate pitchfork. Somebody tried to share an actually interesting opinion piece about music consumption written by one of the guys from Galaxie 500 and posters were already slamming it as being written by some SJW Gen Z communications grad before even reading it.

If they called him a cuck soyboy i'd call this Sup Forums post-Hiro takeover in a nutshell

I saw Justin get interviewed on Jimmy Fallon and I thought my tv was gonna explode from the giggling and mugging and dull bland positivity and faux-gee shucks sincerity.

The title track to his new outing is one of the legit worst pop songs I've ever heard, but I can't quite put my finger on why. There's just something off about the sense of melody it has, like the entire thing was composed by a robot (which may very well be the case). I really don't want to listen to it again to elucidate further.

if Justin Timberlake was a ringwraith he'd be Justin Dwimmerlaik

Just read that op-ed this morning. P. good desu

That's the entire album. It's a bunch of great hip-hop / pop producers a decade past their prime making an hour long pop country testament to JT's ego that has absolutely nothing to say about anything.

Got to be one of the biggest pop music fuckups in years.

I just realized the wardrobe malfunction was a psyop

the real question is why everyone flipped their lid over seeing a titty on TV

Is his new album tongue in cheek?

I'd put my tongue in his wifes cheeks if you know what i mean

>Gen Z
>SJW
user...

>he did some shit music to fulfill a contract
Good for him, the industry can go fuck itself with a rake.

It was her tit.

It was a different era. You didn't see titties on TV back then, even on Showtime/HBO. It wasn't until Rome started airing that the era of "Tits Everywhere" began.

Doing something right

just because he was in Galaxie 500 doesn't mean he isn't

the album is a solid 7.5 imo

I always wondered, do you think closeted super famous gay guys marry women with great asses so they never question why they always want anal?

But Pharrell and the neptunes still make good beats. I think the country shit just got them fucked up and ruined it all. Also the lyrics suck.

Futuresex ain't never coming back.