Grimes Depreciation Thread

This is a reminder that, outside of the internet meme world of Sup Forums and reddit, nobody knows who she is, and nobody cares who she is. She will never be remembered like an Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, or Barbra Streisand. Heck, she'll never even be mentioned in the same breath as pop stars like Celine Dion or Christina Aguilera or Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston. Even in the "artsy" side of things, she'll never be remembered like a Kate Bush or Laurie Anderson. She exists on the internet. Her popularity is wrapped up in social media likes and useless "best of the year" lists that have no real baring on culture at large. She'll be gone soon enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

nofile.io/f/4KBu9wh6MvR/1516146868177.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=joni mitchell
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=kate bush
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=pj harvey
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=tori amos
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=bjork
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Year-end_lists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_(Grimes_album)#Accolades
metacritic.com/person/grimes
whatdoestheinternetthink.net/grimes/
youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how can one man look so ugly?

i agree

LEAVE HIM ALONE

>This is a reminder that, outside of the internet meme world of Sup Forums and reddit, nobody knows who she is, and nobody cares who she is.

geez I wonder if that's because her music is overhyped, mediocre garbage?

>you can't enjoy something if it doesn't have widespread acclaim or recognition
spoken like a true industry shill

/thread

>implying popularity = quality
delete your terrible thread

I love how the soyboy fanboys on this board will fawn all over perfectly photoshopped, airbrushed pics of her from pro photographers, despite the fact that, in reality, she's basically an orc.

weak bait, faggot

>in reality, she's basically an orc.
kek

is that shopped? looks like an orc npc from some fantasy game

gofdammm fucking LOL

this literally isnt true. pretty much everyone at my highschool knows about her

are you stupid? in realiti she looks great. see pic related, dipshit.

the orc is in front of your mirror, idiot

we are reaching levels of butthurt that shouldn't be possible

>everyone at my highschool
so grimesfags are underage after all. let me guess everyone at your school knows her because you attempted to cover one of her songs at the talent show

>no, u
there's no way you're old enough to post here

does your shitposting make you feel better?

>boney arms and legs
>grotesque neck tendons
>enormous ears
she looks like she's falling apart

she is not the prettiest but thicc girls are a disturbing meme son

I never ever heard anything from Grimes before coming to Sup Forums. Thanks to all the Grimesposting I will never ever listen to anything from her. Grimesfags do more harm than good.

says he, who felt forced to do a "no u" rebuttal because he felt his waifu was being attacked
the funny thing is my question about it being shopped or not was legit because people tend to shop the one about her greasy face

DAMN!

Grimes looks like *THAT*?!!

>Thanks to all the Grimesposting I will never ever listen to anything from her.
same.
>inb4 you're missing out
i HIGHLY doubt it.

Why is this the only pic always posted

why are you suggesting that the other option to a boney structure is "thicc" girls? nothing in the post you replied to implied that

I had a backstage rendezvous with Grimes at a music festival. We made out for a bit... I think she was drunk.
Anyway... the weird thing about the whole encounter was that she kept referring to her penis as her "clit". She was like "take it! Take it!" and she shoved her "clit" eighth up my pooper.

the thing about women is that they never look fine in ALL pics. even the hottest of them have one or more (always more) in which they look ugly/average, due to poor light, lack of makeup, a shitty angle, etc. but you can tell a girl is really as hot as people claim if the ratio of good to bad pics is favorable. say, out of 4, 3 are good

grimes has that of an average, not particularly attractive girl. i'm not saying this because any particular dislike towards her (i have no horse in this race, her music doesn't appeal to me but i don't hate it), but because it's the truth.

at least a half of them make her look like in OP, which i think any unbiased individual can describe as rather ugly. there are exceptions, yes, but that's the thing: it's always the same few pics. there's another one of a show that always gets posted, it's sorta blurry so it does the trick. or a few that make her look quirky and sell her image of "average cute".

but compared them all -good and bad ones- and you get a girl that looks not special at all

nofile.io/f/4KBu9wh6MvR/1516146868177.webm

used to look

i guess it's his favourite one but here are some

I don't have anything against her other than the fact that her music is shit.

>She'll be gone soon enough
Thank.Fucking.Christ.
Could she be any more of a no-talent, worthless cunt???
She is a slacker cosplay LARPer roleplaying an indie rockstar.
Her music is absolute fucking garbage.
Her fans are the biggest faggots known to mankind. Useless fucking twats who worship some ugly cunt who is an attention-whore and a quirky special snowflake.
These autists all live in basements and jerk their micro-dicks over pictures of boot faced Claire.
Comparing her to 99% of the female musicians and female performers, this wretched little pig doesn't even come close to measuring up. Her talent is a result of ProSounds and Ableton and she churns out useless garbage indie/pop for mindless sheep.
Her clothes look like they come from a secondhand, charity shop or she stole them from a bag lady.
Her haircuts look like a hobo styled her hair with a brick.
Her tattoos are fucking absolute shit. I can guarantee you she spent no more than $15 on each one of them because they are shit quality and nobody could charge more money for ink that bad.
She doesn't shave her armpits and I bet that her skanky clam looks like a woolly mammoth is hiding in her reeking twat.
Here is hoping that Grimy Claire drops out of music soon because nobody likes mindless idiots with zero talent.

Get out, kid.

Someone save my innocence and tell me that's abnormal growth

Imagine the smell...

I'm sorry to tell but it's natural

she looks pretty as she is. stop hating the artist of the decade.

>i HIGHLY doubt it.
so, you really believe you don't miss anything. whatever. there are millions of artists out there.

>artist of the decade
>how to announce to the entire world that you're a charlatan with no artistic knowlege

her music is really artistic. did you listen to her wonderful discography? if yes how come you dislike anything she did? do you hate beautiful music?

Her only good song is Oblivion

She looks like she must smell bad

is this b8?

Not the user you were answering to, but you have pathetic tastes, and her music is shit.

This is true.

jesus christ that picture can't be real

Grimes is a terrible

Grimes is a beautiful soul and a tremendous artist. She makes amazing music and should be lauded with praise all the time!

>outside of the internet meme world of Sup Forums and reddit, nobody knows who she is
[citation needed]

>she must smell bad
>photo confirms

I'm literally barfing here

user, this is a SFW board...

there's no going back

>I will never ever listen to anything from her.
What's it like only ever listening to music based on who else does/doesn't like it?

Why are you so butthurt?

>nobody cares who she is
>even you (hater) cared enough to create this thread

OH NO NO NO

Hr said nobody outside of Sup Forums and reddit, idot friend.

Post this in every grimes thread from now on

LOL where is this from ? I remember a stupid interview where she mentioned she likes Skinny Puppy and also Maria Carey
I suspect her understanding of Skinny Puppy is superficial at best

no, u

Grimes is about Kreayshawn tier now.
But much less attractive.

Her what's in my bag episode
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30

hey morons, stop saying lies. so many lies. here's why grimes is relevant:

Followers on Facebook:
Grimes: 959K
fb/actuallygrimes

Bjork: 3.2M
fb/bjork

Kate Bush: 675K
fb/katebush

Tori Amos: 865K
fb/toriamos

Joni Mitchell: 353K
fb/jonimitchellcom

PJ Harvey: 936K
fb/PJHarvey

Her biggest hit is Genesis and it has almost 50 (fifty!) million views on Youtube. Compare that to:
Joni Mitchell: Both Sides Now (Live, 1970) - about 5 million views
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=joni mitchell

Kate Bush: Wuthering Heights - about 27 million views
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=kate bush

PJ Harvey: Henry Lee (feat. Nick Cave) - 8.5 million views
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=pj harvey

Tori Amos: Smells Like Teen Spirit - 6 million views
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=tori amos

Bjork: All Is Full of Love - 18 million views
youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=bjork

Grimes is hardly a literal who. One song of her has more views than the biggest hits of Joni Mitchell, Bjork, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey COMBINED.

(1/3)

(2/3)
fans of grimes:

Elton John
Purity Ring
Phantogram
Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Halsey
FKA Twigs
St. Vincent
Charli XCX
Tegan and Sara
Shirley Manson (Garbage)
M83
Sleigh Bells
Sky Ferreira
Ellie Goulding
Chelsea Wolfe
Chairlift
Lorde
Haim
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus
Nigel Godrich (Radiohead producer)
Christine and the Queens
Four Tet
Carrie Brownstein
Ladytron
M.I.A.
Adele
Madonna
Lady Gaga (she even hired Grimes' collaborator Bloodpop)
Kathleen Hanna
Rihanna
Warpaint
Lauren Mayberry (Chvrches)

(3/3)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Year-end_lists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_(Grimes_album)#Accolades
metacritic.com/person/grimes
(look at the user scores too!)
whatdoestheinternetthink.net/grimes/

LMAO tryhard try harder next time

LOL! you're trying SO hard.

Grimes a q-

t

does mu/ have such a shit taste to hate a superb artist like grimes? wtf is wrong with you?

go home, Claire
you're drunk (but will still suck when sober)

leave claire alone, h8r

Daily reminder Claire gets closer and closer to death every single day.

Got em

>gets closer and closer to death every single day.
everyone alive is doing that. even you. one day you will die. a few years from then you will be completely forgotten like you never existed.

it's just one underage samefag hater that's just back from school and ready for shitposting weekend

Daily reminder anorexia kills people much faster than obesity.

Grimes is pleb of the decade for sure

How so?

no. the pleb of the decade is you. grimes is patrician.

PWND XD

The nemesis of this thread:

I drove to a nearby city with friends to see AJJ and Jeffrey Lewis/Los Bolts and this girl caught a ride because Grimes was playing in the same neighborhood that night and she's the most basic normie non-internet culture person on the world. I don't mean this to say anything about the music of Grimes, but it's by no means an internet thing like some other artists sorta are these days. I know lots of basic as fuck women in their late 20s-early 30s who are p big Grimes fans and play her music on the jukebox when we play pool or whatever.

pic unrelated

lel so randumb ;P

she's given a promotional spot i think she behave how she wants

hello there

add paul thomas anderson to this list

it's not random if you see the whole video: youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4
god, she's so interesting...

i once bought a NIN shirt to go to one of her shows so she might notice me, but didn't because my sister let me down. now, can i talk about my own experiences with an artist on here or is life strictly and only about claire herself?

she would def. notice you. claire is a nin/trent fan.

you made it about claire again