/daily/ - International Cup edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YklszBMIEcc
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/have-a-nice-life/voids/
wmwc.umwblogs.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=ahbZYAmdsMs
youtube.com/watch?v=aoQAEyFOvC0
youtube.com/watch?v=CKqc8-MJhuY
youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=EBmpJkx8VJk
youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI
youtube.com/watch?v=JPkaiW2ZYnE
youtube.com/watch?v=txjQHeQH5eY
youtu.be/wmH7Dki_Fro609
youtube.com/watch?v=YlNwrdfxiSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boooo, not a good post

I'm gonna watch the garden of words soon because I've been told it's a beautiful movie and also anime feet

Are there any video game scores that you'd put up there next to the best film scores?

Yeah, I would put 4.5/5 up against 4.5/5 personally

wtf >:0

Silent hill 2, Earthbound, and Animal Crossing I think are up there with the best, though all of those have a those have nostalgic ties.

Chrono Trigger and FF6, probably some later FFs as well, idk I never played them

Chrono Trigger, Katamari Damacy, Fez, Mother 2, Vagrant Story, Virtue's Last Reward, Persona 5, Demon's Souls, and YuGiOh! Duelists of the Roses are some of my faves

To transgod :

I know I could use paint but topsters2 is so convenient. Weird thing is that is works at my work but not at home... On both on my PCs is doesnt work at home.

Plus it worked last week. It's so damn annoying to have topsters meeting having infinite render time.

Related, this book fucking bangs

Top Gear for SNES
Half Lifes
Jet Set Radios
Deus Ex
youtube.com/watch?v=YklszBMIEcc

Kirby 64

i'm not really into videogames but the civ V brave new world soundtrack is glorious

This the sequel you were talking about?
I like

>International Cup edition
nice
here's the fixture

hey eto thanks for the list!

earthbound, katamari, donkey kong country

huh
aren't some people on there dead

The 5 Rudi albums are gonna change but otherwise this is my chart for the next couple of months

What's good? What's bad?

mother 3 or katamari or maybe GSC but that's about it

video game and film scores are grossly overrated, especially any that are in the past few years

I think what he meant was to just screenshot it at past it into paint

haha p sure i wanted to use that stara rzeka album for the tourney in one of the rounds

Any other sounds-good-but-looks-badcore?

Deathconsciousness is one of my favorite albums of all time, Sprinkles is cool if you liked 120, and you are guaranteed to love Skies of America

may b you'll find out if it woulda won ;))

terry's rainbow-shaped male pattern baldness is beautiful shut ur mouth

pic is unacceptable though

that albums is the Voids compilation not deathconsciousness:
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/have-a-nice-life/voids/

it's half songs from deathconsciousness and half songs I haven't heard

Oops I meant Powers of Ten

Dex conformed biggest idiot on the general forever

DKC soundtrack kicks ass, especially the DKC Returns versions

>katamari
aw yiss

todd's GOAT album with the GOATer cover
It's a shame the vinyl editions a different tracklisting and just a boring blank cover

on my chart (. )(. )

Oh, haven't understood it that way. Well, yeah will do that from the next grids. the 2nd is saved on my PC so won't matter but for next grids itl'll be important

>he doesn't think Poppy Nogood and the Phantom Band is supreme GOAT bald Riley
Plen

Looks like if exmilitary had a first form but interesting

you better fucking LOVE it fish it's SO GOOD the first half is UNBEATABLE
Only UKG album you ever need

I found King Krule boring
The Raincoats is one of those times where the lack of skill isn't charming and is just kind of bad. Preoccupations has a pretty good cover of Off Duty Trip but it's sound quality's kind of ass.
Ananda Shakar is kinda silly and gimmicky but it's fun.
I'm excited to hear your thoughts on The Box are.

>The Raincoats is one of those times where the lack of skill isn't charming and is just kind of bad.
>lack of skill
what

Minecraft

yes, nick drake for one

henlo, cumblogs is back wmwc.umwblogs.org/

gunna be playing golden age hip-hop at 7 (in one hour)

Liliputs the best all female post-punk band

>The Raincoats is one of those times where the lack of skill isn't charming and is just kind of bad
cav. no. "lack of skill" no. that's not. No.

Who would be in your dream jazz combo?

Thanks. No that wasn't it, just a snippet from another. Back to the drawing board.

spyro the dragon has got to be my fav ost of all time
>implying dream jazz is better than progressive dreamfunk

actually it's probably the one for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance but i never actually played the game so idrk

>cumblogs
oh wow lol

Peter Brotzmann - sax
Keiji Haino - drums, hurdy gurdy
Toshimaru Nakamura - nimb
Keith Rowe - electronics
Taku Unami - guitar

>666
The Devil's Quintet

whatd their group be called?

idk 風邪風

but in all honesty, it would be called Peter Brotzmann, Keiji Haino, Toshimaru Nakamura, Keith Rowe & Taku Unami

og spyro is definitely one of the best games ever

I post in /daily/ and I'm an engineering student

as a cs student, they're not too too common, but when there are guys in the class having a pissing contest it's always the fat greaseboys in gym shorts

Elvin with Chambers with Alice or McCoy with Sanders and Coltrane with Hubbard doing spiritual jazz
OR
Tony with Mingus with Monk doing post bop

hmmmmmm

>representing Spain
oh fug
sorry s

Kytasty is good, beautiful voice and instrument
Foma's album is creepy, mystical folk
Christodoulos Halaris' music is beautiful
The Ubu live album is probably the best live release by them, it also has one of the best lineups of the band (no Laughner though unfortunately)
The Hartya/Bardin collab has a similar appeal to the Bulgarian/Tuvan collabs, it's a classical organist and a Tuvan band playing traditional songs and compositions by an obscure Tuvan composer who blended folk instruments and throat singing into his work
Live at the Savoy is a lot of fun, only problem is Winston sounds pretty hoarse
I personally thought Lingua Ignota was annoying, but almost all of /daily/ seems to diagree
Voids has some great songs
Raincoats is cute but Odyshape is better
le Youtube recommendations girl's album is mostly bad, the meme song is the only one I remember
Cambodian comp has good sound quality (for what it is), but better compilations exist. Make sure to watch the movie if you haven't

The soundtracks for D4 and Snatcher are underrated

Combo meaning two? I feel like Ayler and Abrams would have been friends

How bout ほとんど
It can mean either almost or barely.

in my high school, we used combo to mean just a small jazz band (usually drums, guitar and/or piano and 2-4 horns)

how bout we add Jim O'Rourke then we call them The Hacks Hex

>The Hacks Hex

joke about Hunter Hack Hendrix Lol !!

is that cum blogs or cumb logs

ugh

hb the Hackstet

reply with the music

you know the one i mean

youtube.com/watch?v=ahbZYAmdsMs

youtube.com/watch?v=aoQAEyFOvC0

youtube.com/watch?v=CKqc8-MJhuY

thats the stuff

that aint the stuff

ooh mama
i need to listen to a gdg album already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
This is my favorite Puerto Rican traditional song

youtube.com/watch?v=EBmpJkx8VJk

youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI

youtube.com/watch?v=JPkaiW2ZYnE
keyboard cat at 11:07

cool song

alright song, amazing image

lol what angry white guy wrote this

youtube.com/watch?v=txjQHeQH5eY

>what angry white guy wrote this
the bassist from Fountains of Wayne, literally

What /daily/ users are Chad, and who are virgin?

im virgin and jangle is definitely chad

listening to that JPEGMAFIA album and "I Cannot Fucking Wait Until Morrissey Dies" is probably my favorite album title of all time

Elevator - A Taste of Complete Perspective (2000)
>heavy psych

One of the more aimless records I've heard in a while. This is way more towards the indie side of things rather than actually fulling under the heavy psych umbrella, and these softer, "indie" moments tend to drag quite a bit. It also does the thing that I hate where the final track is exceptionally long despite only about 1/3 of the track consisting of actual music of substance, so that alone knocks it down a couple points in my book. The heavy psych itself is really good, the indie influence actually works out well, bringing a light, delicate air to the usually relentless genre. The indie rock by itself is my problem, when it's mixed with the psychedelia the project is actually quite great.

2.5+

Giant Sand - Center of the Universe (1992)
>indie rock, alt-country

A noisy, ramshackle alt-country record, right up my alley. Think of this as a crossover between Pavement and Silver Jews, with the noisiness of the former and that down-home country atmosphere of the latter. The latter actually really isn't done that well, it's just kinda generic, but you leave the former alone and it's one of the best indie/noise rock records out-there. Reminds me quite a bit of Wowee Zowee, it's equally as expansive, noisy, and with a lot of country sensibilities. Can't quite reach that record's heights, but it's a damn good album nonetheless.

3.0-

Dogwander seems kinda pretty, I'd say he has chad potential, don't know how outgoing he'd be in person. Natkingcole sounds like a chad tripname so he must be a chad! Jimmy Jazz I envision wearing a black blazer, tie, trousers, highly polished shoes and red shirt at all times even in informal environments and appealing to a specific niche of women who appreciate a classier aesthetic. Don't know why but that's what his trip gives off. Fish is probably a virgin, not that that's a bad thing - there are plenty more left in the sea~

>highly polished
dohohoho

>mfw I try to create a new character in wow using an autechre track name and the name's taken

1 1 is taken

>Natkingcole sounds like a chad tripname so he must be a chad
i just skipped going to a party because it's too cold outside

You had the opportunity so that's close enough. Hope you are faring well without it anyhow, I'm sure you're a nice enough person.

YIKES

in every other thread there's someone either complaining about me being too normie or too virgin I wish I knew what the actual consensus was.

I'd imagine the Pole, Germans, Brazilians, Venezuelan, Ukrainian, Latvian, and whatever other godless third worlders that browse here are promiscuous degenerates that will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven unless they repent. Shameful

Okay so question at had at 2 AM. If you had a clone of yourself, that was exactly the same as you in every way possible, what would you do with them/would you have sex with them?

>would you have sex with them?
Isn't a better question to ask "Would they have sex with you?"

:O

Big think

Yeah totally
I'm a fan of myself

You're welcome, good to see you're feeling happy!
youtu.be/wmH7Dki_Fro609
Do a strawpoll
I'd get him to make an album because I sure dont have the time for that for the foreseeable future

Does anyone know what the source of this image?

>that spanish flag

youtube.com/watch?v=YlNwrdfxiSw
anyone know more jpop like this?

Hello there /daily/ !

What are you listening to rn?

On my side, continuing my grid and I'm listening to "The Bad Wife" by Julie Christmas, very good sludge? metal album.