Reminder that crosleys are actually good turntables and its just xenophobic pretentious collectors shilling and...

reminder that crosleys are actually good turntables and its just xenophobic pretentious collectors shilling and spreading false info to stop people from collecting vinyls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LPIJVdQkb1Q?t=2m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>xenophobic
lol wat

sorry, typo
*xenomorphic

My main problem with Crosley turntables are the built-in speakers. People will get into collecting records, play them on their Crosley, hear them through the shit speakers and think that's part of the experience.

The fuck are you on about OP? No-one's scaring people from collecting vinyls, they're telling them not to tell them not to buy shitty turntables like crosleys. The only people who buy crosleys are tumblrites and soyboys that listen to indie landfill music.

nice bait op.

This, spending all that money is more justified when it atleast sounds a bit better than mp3s coming through shite iphone headphones

Don’t the needles fuck up the actual vinyl?

i think you must be a troll, i have two broken crosleys in my closet......

I doubt it, wouldn't make much sense if they did. "Oh hey let's buy the cheap soda this time honey, the only downside is it melts your insides but that's ok cause it's cheap". Crosleys are just lowend like anything.

After a hundred plays, yes.

But a well taken care of good quality turntable can keep a record going for hundreds, if not a thousand play's. So if you plan on using vinyl a lot it's sometging to worry about.

>ywn be an artsy girl who doesn't care about what vinyl nerds say about her crosley

>Pierce the Veil
>21 Pilots
>Blink 182
no less than those records deserve desu.

What's the point of collecting vinyl?

It spins and is bigger. The is the truthfull reason why I like them. I have a nice hifi setup and could not tell you the difference between a flac or vinyl. Call me whatever.

And older albums are remastered to hell and back. It's hard to find a good copy of older songs not on an original pressing.

It just shows their true nature, to be plebs who only use music as a fashion accessory

>didn't stop after the first one

>plastic needle

not trying to bully, i was genuinely curious. i will say the ritual of playing a record can be very nice.

1. If you really like an artists you should support them by buying their music 2. Owning a physical copy of something is nice, it's like asking why you would buy an actual book these days when everything is available digitally. Some people just prefer the physical presence of a book. And Vinyl is just the most aesthetically pleasing physical form of music.

Crosby a shit. Can’t even use 12 inch tone arm piece of record eater.

That picture is fucking gross.

These cheap-ass record players are pretty bad, but they're not the end of the world. They wear out records faster, but they won't render them unplayable in a handful of plays.
At least they're not Rokblok
youtu.be/LPIJVdQkb1Q?t=2m47s

If you dump enough money into your setup and buy good pressings/masters, take care of your shit, etc, it sounds very good. Generally more dynamics than digital.

If you don't dump enough money into it or get some shit tier table like a crossley you're just wasting your time and money on a novelty

Yes, they do. Any turntable will cause some wear to the record, but because the Crosley doesn't have an ajustable counterweight it's much harder to avoid. Plus they use an inferior needle/cartridge and they don't sound that good. Your turntable money is much better spent on a used 'table and a full calibration for it.

I find them alright for a first record player, but they're pretty compared to others

This seems like a relevant thread to ask this question.

Picked up one of these bad boys the other day from Wal-Mart, use it a lot, not just the record player but the other functions too.

I also picked up some vintage records for a quarter a-piece.

So far so good. Anyone else have experience with these?

Yes, they fucking suck. My dad got one of these a few years back, the sound sucks, turntable rotation was off, and I'm pretty sure it damaged one of my tapes on the cassette player.

retarded comparison with books desu. Physical books unlike e-books dont run out of battery can be taken anywhere (poolside etc.) are cheaper and it doesnt hurt your eyes reading a paper book compared to e-books

If a kindle hurts your eyes your eyes are fucked.

You can literally buy a much better record player for like 50 more dollars. Croselys only move strictly because they're the cheapest record player on the market.

It's too bad that all the retro/vintage looking record players are shit. Why can't anyone make something that looks like a Crosley but doesn't suck ass?

Tbh I feel like anyone here does buy vinyl records and don't care if their record player is cheap, they just care that they can at least listen to their favorite albums on vinyl. Besides buying vinyl records are to mostly have your favorite album ever physically and on a beautiful big and round boi disc. I don't know that's just me probably.

Anyone else own a Jensen?
I've used one for 5 years roughly and I love it. Sound quality is great.

My first record player was a Jensen and it skipped like a motherfucker. Now I have a Pioneer which is better but still not amazing.

Modern e-readers have ridiculous battery length, can easily be taken everywhere including the poolside, and if they hurt your eyes you need to get those checked out.

The sound quality is horrible, I used to have one. If you're going to get a cheap turntable at least get one you can hook up to an external receiver and speakers.

honestly I just got a nice turntable and preamp and flac sounds just as good to my ears as well

>can be taken anywhere (poolside etc.)
yeah it really blows when the book police confiscate my e-reader when I try to take it near a pool

it's fun

This system is $300 worth of 2nd hand gear. There's no fucking excuse for buying a Crosley.

based techmoan

Anyone have the tumblr screenshot of the person using a cactus needle?