The Simpson Predictions bug me

The Simpson Predictions bug me.

9/11
Second Iraq War...

They do predict a Trump presidency that:
>bankrupts the U.S.
>4 year term

Replaced by Madame President Lisa Simpson...

Lisa...
Elizabeth... Warren.
Or... if you notice the hair....
Hillary Clinton.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KRi9nF8BiA
publiceye.org/conspire/flaherty/flaherty4.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiq-EYObkM
youtube.com/watch?v=yHEjobYP6mg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Markazi_v._Peterson)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8qUeEHPZ0
unz.com/mwhitney/the-chart-that-explains-everything/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Simpsons was always throwing signs

>bankrupt
>US

oh boy here we go

As the sole, sovereign issuer of a fiat, floating-rate, non-convertible currency, with all of its debts denominated in that same currency, the U.S. Federal Government can issue as many dollars as it wants, at any time, to anybody, for any reason. Solvency is a non-issue, as there is never a payment that a currency issuer cannot make in its own currency.

Anybody who applies the following expressions to the U.S. Federal government, including, but not limited to:

>"broke",
>"bankrupt",
>"insolvent",
>"going to default",
>"running out of money",
>"where's the money going to come from", >"can't afford X",
>"dependent on taxpayers/Treasury investors", >etc. etc.

can be immediately dismissed and declared to have absolutely no concept of how U.S. fiscal policy and operations work.

>They do predict a Trump presidency that:
>bankrupts the U.S.
>4 year term

I'm perfectly fine with this.

'Sides, the US is already effectively bankrupted.

wouldn't surprise me at all.

>implying President Lisa wasn't modeled after Hildog

it's a funny cartoon (first ten seasons) and most of the "predictions" (like "Homer Bad Man") were based on shit that was also happening in the 90s when the word "sexism" became meaningless (which is why you always hear "misogyny" used to describe things besides hating women)

Ya because we don't owe it to a private bank whom also has the exclusive rights to printing our money. What are you some kind of shill? You're really bad at this. Fractional reserve lending is a disaster and we as a livestock are the collateral.

and Dude

I remember the time that Sup Forums had a thread on how The Simpsons 'predicted' the Ebola outbreak.
Honestly all of this makes me want Trump to become the next president, I'm sick of this boring shit that Obama has brought and I can't stand another 4 years of it, that's why I don't want Hillary to win.
Besides the U.S doesn't go bankrupt if it does it brings the whole world economy down with it.

>FED
>private

publiceye.org/conspire/flaherty/flaherty4.html

The FED is controlled by the president who appoints the director

If we had a president who didn't appoint jews the FED would be a great system

>US
>bankrupt
take a look at this underaged faggot. take a long look and laugh

>bankrupts the US
You know there are so many ways to deal with the debt that you'd have to be a god damn retard to bankrupt the U.S. Besides, we have so much debt already we're basically bankrupt.

Obama gave you the Iran deal so you should love him.

>US
>going bankrupt ever

see

>A fucking leaf.
>Good I posted it, now to throw my legs back and cum in my own face.
wew OP

Do you think I'm fucking retarded?
Why are you samefagging your own post when I'm on your side, dumb shit?

The US is broke now by any conventional definition.

We owe more than we make.

Except the privately owned federal reserve can enact monetary policy that directly contradicts the US government.

>outsourcing monetary policy to literal jews
The Treasury prints millions in physical currency. The Federal Reserve "prints" trillions in notional digital currency.

>a fucking leaf

I remember watching this episode a long time ago.

The things that I recall are actually fuzzy, but I clearly recall:
>Trump bankrupting the US
>India having nuked Pakistan
>Lisa being the first heterosexual female president

So I guess it's Hillary > Trump > Another woman.

The deal doesn't fucking work because the faggot supreme leader doesn't allow it to fucking work properly.
All of this bullshit sanctions was a result of Ahmadinejad's insane faggotry. He legitimately wanted to turn this country into something like North Korea.
I don't give a single fucking shit what happens to it anymore, it's doomed beyond all hope. Just because you see my flag doesn't mean that I worship it. No it's a fraud it's bullshit. IT MUST FUCKING BURN.
And Obama is a bitch, nobody loves him.

OH MY GOD if Simpsons predicts this too, lizard people are coming soon

It is owned by stockholders that keep the profits.

>purchase $200k house with a 30yr mortgage
>make $50k/year
>making double payments
>user says you're broke

They didn't "predict" Trump it was a throwaway gag that came true.

In a episode of Sliders they go to a alternate universe where women rule the world and Hillary is president (which is a joke because they refer to her as "President Clinton" making the audience think its Bill Clinton.

No

letting the Banking system create the money supply (which is your only option besides the FED) is outsourcing jews

If whites took over the government we would take back control of the money supply.

That's not true. Before August 15 1971 when Richard Nixon took U.S off the Gold Standard the national debt owed money to people in the form of gold. Those people are still going to be expecting their money back so the idea that the U.S government prints money instead of borrowing and that the Debt is just a number is bullshit, they will still want their money back.

This is a bad analogy. You would need to be buying a house even year with 50k to start to approach parity with the US :P

yeah sure buddy

you meant Lisa Van Houten

If that's true why is the U.S in debt if it can print money to pay for it's deficit spending?

the FED creates it's own money

It "injects" money into the banking system. That's not the same as ownership. Ownership=control and ultimately congress and the president are in full control of the FED.

The gold standard ended in 1931

You are thinking of the Gold window which was a completely different thing.

how does it not work? The sanctions ended.

9/11 prediction was shaky as fuck.

Everyone with half a brain knew we where gonna war with Iraq eventually.

DJT has been hinting a run for decades and has received a lot of support for it, and his hinting had made many people make it a joke thinking he didn't have the balls to pull it off.

Only married with children makes predictions come true.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiq-EYObkM

Politics

People are retarded and think we are still on a gold standard and that the debt has to "be paid back" by higher taxes, which is a myth

I suggest actually watching this video

or this video

youtube.com/watch?v=yHEjobYP6mg

BASED IRAN

Really hope we don't war with you guys.

>I took a econ 101 class in community college, I'm an expert on U.S. fiscal policy now

>It "injects" money into the banking system. That's not the same as ownership. Ownership=control and ultimately congress and the president are in full control of the FED.

Except when the Fed "injects" money into the economy all they do is loan it. Which means in the long run the FED will make more money when those loans are paid back. Does the FED give it's money to the treasury? If not then the FED is corrupt

>The gold standard ended in 1931. You are thinking of the gold window

My mistake.

obligatory

wow, booty blasted by a fucking cartoon

never change Sup Forums

It's worth considering the 1000's and 1000's of things that have happened on the simpsons that HAVEN'T happened in real life though.

If Clinton loses this time around she won't run again

I've been looking everywhere for someone like you who understands the national debt. I've been watching "Minethis1" but it's kind of confusing so need this info.

>People are retarded and think we are still on a gold standard and that the debt has to "be paid back" by higher taxes, which is a myth

But before the gold standard the national debt had to be paid back with real money, if the government borrowed money it had to pay it back. After the gold standard the government can print more money although this gets added to the "debt" it's not really a debt. However won't the people who own treasuries from before 1931 still expect their payments? They loaned money to the U.S Federal Government before the Federal Government switched to this new system, so how will they get their money back? Will it be paid for in higher taxes?

This is the exact opposite of what idiots learn in Econ 101

>Except when the Fed "injects" money into the economy all they do is loan it

No that's the banks when they lend out private debt

When the FED lends out anything it effectively never has to be paid back.

The FED created trillions of dollars after 2008 and nothing happened. The only problem was that they gave it to wall street instead of the real, productive economy

Shillary doesn't have enough gas in the tank to run a second time, she seems ready to croak.

>When the FED lends out anything it effectively never has to be paid back.
So then how can the FED retract money, can't the FED retract money by refusing to loan out anymore and just allow the already loaned out money to be taken back in. If the Debts don't have to be paid off then how will the FED reduce the money supply when it wants.

Zombie simpsons has been wrong about essentially every prediction it's ever made.

I remember in '08 there was an episode where Homer goes to vote for Obongus and the electronic voting booth automatically changes it to McCain, suggesting that the writers thought the election would be rigged in republican favor for some reason (?), despite the opposite actually occuring.

I wonder why a Trump presidency might lead to bankruptcy.

I just can't figure it out. Maybe it will just be an innevitable (((coincidence))).

[INCEPTION HORNS INTENSIFY]

Credit merely aggravates and delays a realization crisis it cannot prevent it. Say a family wants to buy a house trailer, which retails at $10,000. The trailer only costs $5,000 to build, so at a retail price of $10,000 it yields an industrial profit of $2,500 and a profit to the dealer (who bought the trailer wholesale at $7,500) of $2,500.

However, the family doesn’t have $10,000, so the dealer arranges financing, which results in the family signing a ten-year mortgage for $20,000. The commodity (the house trailer) has now been realized, and the dealer is in possession of a $20,000 mortgage. However, the dealer needs cash to carry on his business, so he “discounts” this mortgage to a finance company which gives him $12,000 in cash for the mortgage. The finance company may then rediscount the mortgage (say for $14,000) to another finance company to get cash itself. This rediscounting may go on indefinitely, realizing a sum of money each time the mortgage changes hands. By the time the process is complete, the house-trailer has generated many thousands of dollars in sales over and above the value of the trailer itself.

In the meantime, the house-trailer has fallen apart, and the owner is unable to pay off the mortgage because s/he has been laid off. It is easy to see from this example how, in an economy where real goods are difficult or impossible to realize, money will find its way into the sale of paper.

Because the private sector demands government debt to park its savings into for a 100% guaranteed safe return. The government issues bonds to get the money it prints given back to itself to finance public expenses then taxes workers wages and corporate profit to transfer to pay interest payments to the private lenders.

Oh God, they look like lizards when they're super old!

>Because the private sector demands government debt to park its savings into for a 100% guaranteed safe return. The government issues bonds to get the money it prints given back to itself to finance public expenses then taxes workers wages and corporate profit to transfer to pay interest payments to the private lenders.
But I thought the National Debt isn't really a debt and never has to be paid off. I heard a better way to describe it is a national debit because it's just an accounting entry.

>But before the gold standard the national debt had to be paid back with real money,

No, "during" the gold standard the national debt had to be paid back with real money.

If you ever have your currency tied to a set exchange rate or a commodity you need to pay it back in "real" money.

On the other hand if you have a "floating" exchange rate you can print your way out of debt. This is what the US, or any sovereign country, can do at any time.

>if the government borrowed money it had to pay it back.

Yes during the gold standard. After the gold standard was dropped the US could effectively print whatever it wanted. That is how the US and Germany financed the war effort during WW2.

Britain on the other hand financed their war effort by selling their entire Empire and gold reserves to the United States because they "didn't believe" in printing money. Sucks to be them.

>After the gold standard the government can print more money although this gets added to the "debt" it's not really a debt

For all intents and purposes it doesn't have to be "paid back"

>However won't the people who own treasuries from before 1931 still expect their payments?

They get paid in dollars that aren't backed by gold.

>The sanctions ended.
The U.S congress makes sure that people all around the world don't feel safe about investing in this place (and they shouldn't, it's risky as hell due to the political environment).
And there are tons of elements in this country that don't want the deal to work so they come up with all kinds of excuses right from their sorry asses (for example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Markazi_v._Peterson)
If Trump becomes the president the progress of the deal getting fucked gets faster, it's just a matter of time.
What you don't know is that the system in here favors the goddamn faggots you know as 'hardliners', basically: The revolutionary guard (faggots who pretty much control everything), the Guardian Council (faggots that throw away all the presidency and Parliament member candidates they don't like) and Assembly of Experts (faggots who chose the leader).
The system is rigged, it favors the status quo. The people who are in power are just typical Islamists that want to tighten their grip on controlling this land, it cannot be fixed. Just nuke us already.

>So then how can the FED retract money,

You raise taxes

Managing the economy is like driving a car

When the economy is in bad shape you create money

when the car is going too slowly you press down on the accelerator

when the economy is in good shape you raise taxes to stop the economy from being "overstimulated"

when a car is going at the right speed you let your foot off the gas and begin to coast.

And so on and so forth.

If you want to be nuked then tell your relatives in the US to vote Hillary

who am I kidding they probably already are voting for her.

Make America Haiti Again

>No, "during" the gold standard the national debt had to be paid back with real money.
Sorry that's what I meant. I meant before Hoover took the U.S off the gold standard it had to be paid back with real money

>If you ever have your currency tied to a set exchange rate or a commodity you need to pay it back in "real" money.
Yes I know that.

>On the other hand if you have a "floating" exchange rate you can print your way out of debt. This is what the US, or any sovereign country, can do at any time.
But won't that cause inflation? I am aware printing money can be great for the economy if you print money and invest it in public infrastructure. However when you borrow money and print money to pay the debt you are just printing money and giving it to rich people who credited money to the U.S Federal Government.

>Yes during the gold standard. After the gold standard was dropped the US could effectively print whatever it wanted. That is how the US and Germany financed the war effort during WW2.
Then how come both the U.S and Nazi Germany both were in massive debt. If they could just print the money they wouldn't be in debt, they would just print money and spend it without the national debt going up. However during FDRs presidency the national debt soured, why didn't he just print the money

>Britain on the other hand financed their war effort by selling their entire Empire and gold reserves to the United States because they "didn't believe" in printing money. Sucks to be them.
I see that. Britains debt went up too.

>For all intents and purposes it doesn't have to be "paid back"
Then why would anyone in their right mind loan money to the U.S Federal Government when they won't be paid back?

>They get paid in dollars that aren't backed by gold.
If the U.S government is just printing money and giving it to creditors won't that cause inflation without growth? It's basically printing money and giving it to wallstreet because most creditors are already rich

I fully agree with that. That's exactly how the economy should be run. But if it really were run that way there should be 0 debt because the government never should have to borrow when it prints money.

they predict Lisa to be the first straight female president

so you are getting 4 years of Shillary before 4 years of MAGA PARTY Trump

then shit goes down

PU70S

What exactly do you think the gold standard is? Because gold was convertible to gold until the 70's in the USA. European countries did removed the gold standard because they had no gold, but that wasn't the case for the USA.

una vela

Dos velas

three candles

>But won't that cause inflation?

You want some inflation in an economy because that spurs investment in productive enterprise

>print money to pay the debt you are just printing money and giving it to rich people who credited money to the U.S Federal Government.

No you can spend the money on productive investment (infrastrucutre, public goods, defense, etc)

>Then how come both the U.S and Nazi Germany both were in massive debt

Because public debt ultimately didn't matter. Only spurring the economy to fund the war machine mattered.

Once the war was over the US went back to normal debt levels with no problem.

>they won't be paid back?

My point is it doesn't have to be "paid back" with taxation. The FED prints the money.

>won't that cause inflation without growth?

No because inflation actually stimulates growth by incentivizing the wealthy to invest.

The gold standard ended in the 30s

you're thinking of the "Gold Window"

In 4 years Hillary will be too old.

She's already too old.

Why is this simpsons thing amongst you hispandex?

Ya calmenle a la verga con esos memes de mierda de los simpsons fumando faso

>Hillary running again after Trump

probably not likely. her health is shit so in 4 years she will be with one foot in the fucking grave.

cinco velitas

It is debt and has to be payed back otherwise confidence will collapse and your currency will become useless but national debt is denominated in a currency which is also controlled by government and can obviously be managed differently than private debt because government controls its own monetary policy.
But paying off all that public debt also will destroy a lot of transfer payments going on likely sending you towards a economic recession. Only the government can really promise 100% safe long term returns so destroying that is going to force safe investments towards more risky private investments which have a larger chance of failing triggering all kinds of other issues.

Why do we have to be at war with you?

Why can't you just ignore the nukes and psyops our people abou Israel until we wake up and help you stomp shlomo?

Seems like Putin is doing a good job of that with his Spetsnaz-tier memes

Russia is actually hilarious and BASED at memetic warfare
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8qUeEHPZ0

>You want some inflation in an economy because that spurs investment in productive enterprise
Yes it spurs productivity IF you invest it in infrastructure and things that generate wealth, not if you give it to banks who loaned money to the U.S 40 years ago.

>No you can spend the money on productive investment (infrastrucutre, public goods, defense, etc)
But first you have to pay back the people who loaned the U.S economy money

>Because public debt ultimately didn't matter. Only spurring the economy to fund the war machine mattered.
But we have to pay it back

>Once the war was over the US went back to normal debt levels with no problem.
Then why can't we bring the debt down to 0?

>My point is it doesn't have to be "paid back" with taxation. The FED prints the money.
Then why does the U.S borrow 500 billion every year when they can just print money?

>No because inflation actually stimulates growth by incentivizing the wealthy to invest.
Only if you spend it on infrastructure and productive things, not paying back creditors.

touch the stick cat
JSJAKAJSJAJSJAJAJAJSJAJAJSA 0 7 NOOOO VUELVE +

Io ke ze no soi 100tificoxd

if this were true, why is your economy struggling with the current "recovery"

also look at the inflation after the federal reserve, this is what happens when you print money and if you havent noticed prices have been going up and people need to work more and more to live by their means

if you continue to print as much money as you like you are going to have a problem with hyper inflation

Simpsons aren't predicting Hilary becoming president
they WANT Hilary to be president so they're subtly memeing it. by making Lisa become the President in the future, future Lisa of course being modeled after her
Simpsons has supported the Clintons since they one, they love the shit out of them

el gitANO

*day one

Right now if China brings all the dollar they have to your country your money would've become worthless shit

poo2loo and una vela ahahaha

Is Lisa a Democrat?

>not if you give it to banks who loaned money to the U.S 40 years ago.

The FED creates money and then gives it to the banks who buy government debt anyway.

In effect the FED is just buying back debt that it created itself.

>first you have to pay back the people who loaned the U.S economy money

You can effectively do both

>But we have to pay it back
>Then why can't we bring the debt down to 0?

Again you are just "creating" money so "paying it back" is a misnomer. Governments aren't households since the government can create money at will.

>Then why does the U.S borrow 500 billion every year when they can just print money?

Like I said, it's politics. People think we are still in a gold standard.

>Only if you spend it on infrastructure and productive things, not paying back creditors.

well the wealthy, have to invest in production to get a return "unless" you deregulate wall street and let them speculate on what is essentially gambling on stock prices and foreign currency markets which is what they do today.

Says the Mexican

Because all the money went to wall street instead of the real economy

Our government and FED exist to enrich jews these days not to help the real productive economy as was the case from the 1930s-1970s

The government could effectively tax it all away

Not that China would ever dump the dollar.

Remember when they "predicted" a 2008 Clinton presidency in The Simpsons Movie?

I suggest reading this article on why the "bailout" was only for wall street and not the real economy (despite the fact that it was the jews on wall street that ruined the economy by giving out sub prime mortgages to illegal mexicans)

unz.com/mwhitney/the-chart-that-explains-everything/

he is right you know

if you have an army as big as the US, you cannot really go bankrupt

>The FED creates money and then gives it to the banks who buy government debt anyway.
So we are printing money, giving it to banks, and they are loaning it to us? So the U.S Federal Government gets NOTHING except debt. That sounds like a terrible system

>You can effectively do both
But if you are paying some money to the banks you have to sacrifice some money you were going to use to invest in infrastructure. You can say "oh but we can print more money", yeah, well then print it and put it all into the economy, not to rich banks.

>Again you are just "creating" money so "paying it back" is a misnomer. Governments aren't households since the government can create money at will.
But you just said the government owes money to banks? Does the government owe people money or not?

>Like I said, it's politics. People think we are still in a gold standard.
So what you are saying is the U.S government doesn't have to be in debt, it chooses to be in debt because politicians are too stupid to print money instead of borrow it? That makes sense but doesn't seem possible because every President since the gold standard ended under (Hoover) borrowed money instead of printing.

Was FDR, JFK, Reagan, and Eisenhower too stupid to print money? Why didn't they print instead of borrowing?

no me hablas amigo, mira a tu propio pais con vuestros problemas antes de decirme qualquier cosa

That's Ted Cruz m8

she is because shes a child

The worst thing that can happen if you don't pay a loan is that they won't lend to you again. It's not like the US can be liquidated. It are explicitly debts that are never supposed to be called in.

>So the U.S Federal Government gets NOTHING except debt

that can be paid back at any time

>But if you are paying some money to the banks you have to sacrifice some money you were going to use to invest in infrastructure

The banks are supposed to be lending out to consumers in order to spur spending and demand so paying bank the banks was thought to be "good"

However since the 80s that hasn't been happening due to deregulation. Now all the money they get is either spent on gambling or hoarded.

>Does the government owe people money or not?

It "owes" them but not in the same sense a private individual "owes" money

you yourself can't just print money to pay back a loanshark.

>U.S government doesn't have to be in debt,

You want a certain level of public debt just like you want a certain level on infaliton because it spurs demand in the economy

If you had a budget surplus that would mean you are increasing taxes on consumers and taking money and demand out of the economy

A lack of demand is bad for the economy and was what prolonged the Great Depression. Anyone calling for higher taxes to "finance spending" (Bernie Sanders) is a complete idiot.

Ironically Trump with his across the board tax cuts is effectively the most pro stimulus candidate.

but again, if you could just print all of the money you wanted, why not print more and put it into the real economy

you can't because this produces inflation, you may not see it in the price of the dollar because the whole world operates on a fiat system where the dollar is the main currency, but the rising prices and cost of living are becoming an issue

at some point the world will stop buying your debt, which they all lose from because of inflation

you can see countries like china, turkey, russia starting to greatly increase their gold supplies