The Uruk Hais are much better equipped than Mordor's elite orcs because Saruman was the disciple of the Valar Aule...

>The Uruk Hais are much better equipped than Mordor's elite orcs because Saruman was the disciple of the Valar Aule, the smith, and thus has a better understanding of metallurgy and industry.
>Sauron, on the other hand, is the Maia of Morgoth, and can only corrupt. Which is why Mordor orcs are dressed in shitty and pillaged armors, despite being the "final enemies" of the trilogy.

You will never see such subtle level of details in todays movies where it must be explicit.

Never EVER post again. Sauron himself was a student of Aulë, and a superior craftsman to Saruman (though both were inferior to the skill of Fëanor).

Depicting plate armor is a HACKSON invention.

Oh right, forgot about that part. Didn't he lose his ability to create, though? Or was that Morgoth?

That was Morgoth, no matter what he made it was always kinda fucky

Almost like Eru cursed him of something

You do realise that Sauron was a master smith and craftsman right?

This. Hackson deliberately made the uruk-hai look more technologically advanced because he wanted to push the anti-industry/environmentalist agenda and apparently missed the part where Tolkien explicitly said not to look for allegories in his work.

I love the LOTR movies, really I do. But the whole Saruman arc left a lot to be desired.

>Sauron, on the other hand, is the Maia of Morgoth, and can only corrupt
You should've got the clue that this was bullshit and is right, around the same time Sauron FORGED THE ONE FUCKING RING that is the namesake of the entire series.

LotR nerds are the worst fanbase by far

Morgoth didn't lose the ability to create. However by creating so much it cost him a lot of his power, since to create he had to pore the essence of himself into the world. The Ring was actually a way around this. Sauron did have to pore his power into it, but he then kept it.

No one except Eru can create independent life. So for example the Dwarves were just essentially dolls that Aulë had to control before Eru gave them their own life (shown when they recoiled from Aulë which they couldn't have done before). Therefore Morgoth was forced to take existing creatures and twist them, resulting in things like orcs and trolls and dragons.

how do you explain this then?

why was the hobbit a shit

yea, I know, but their is a bit about how all Morgoths works are corrupted or doomed, can't remember the exact line, I thinks its when Manwe is telling Feanor to cool the fuck down

I don't want to waste my autism on such a shitty movie, my life and "hobbies" are sad enough as it is.

Because Tolkien left even less of a crutch for people who want to pretend it's an exciting adventure franchise while writing a bedtime story for his kids.

Black Orcs best Orcs

Take any still from this movie, and it'll look like a shitty video game.

The entire appeal of The Hobbit is that it's a bedtime story for kids. Innocent, imaginative, quirky and massively comfy.

But of course you will never understand that, capeshitter.

I always felt that the Uruk Hais were a more imposing enemy than whatever Sauron was rolling with. Maybe its just because they had a better battle scene.

>Tolkien explicitly said not to look for allegories in his work

But isn't LotR really just an allegory for the Great War whether intentional or not?

>But isn't LotR really just an allegory for the Great War whether intentional or not?
I forgot the part where the first world war was ended when a tiny englishman threw the power ring that gave the germans their power into the volcanoes of france

As I imagine you will never understand the english language.

I was saying it's a bed time story, and the movie trilogy was shit because it treated it as a gritty adventure story.

he says not,

Also the Uruks are just another breed in the books, their major advantage is being able to 'move at speed in sunlight' something even the Black Uruks couldn't do, though the Black Uruks would still wipe the floor with the Uruk-hai in a fight

All right, I admit my mistake and I apologise. I agree with you completely.

>But isn't LotR really just an allegory for the Great War whether intentional or not?

It has literally nothing in common with the Great War other than that there's, well, a war. There are references to things Tolkien personally saw on the battlefield but it's in no way an allegory.

intredasting

This explains why the ring was adept at taking advantage of people's fears and desires.

you think?

How about fucking armored trolls?

Could a dragon destroy the One Ring? Four of the Dwarven rings of power were destroyed by dragons. Is it a matter of the strength of the dragon or the One Ring is just on another level and can only be destroyed on Mount Doom?

no its in fact explicitly stated that while dragon fire might destroy one of the lesser rings The One can only be destroyed at Mt Doom

Only the fires that forged it can destroy it.

Half troll men of Harad are superior.

One btfo Aragorn in front of the Black Gate in the movie.

What bothered me is why Glorfindel didn't get his ass off Rivendell to help the free people in the battlefield. Sure, he wasn't allowed in the Fellowship because he was too mighty, but on the battlefield he doesn't need to be discreet.

Black Uruks>Black Orcs>Uruk-Hai>Regular Orcs

Saurons got better orcs f.a.m

non-canon vidya shit

>All right, I admit my mistake and I apologise. I agree with you completely.
It's all good, we all get tired and misread sometimes.

the appendixes suggest Glorfindel was fighting in the North, he was busy keeping the rest of Middle-Earth from being over run

The Olog Hai were a Tolkien thing.

Did he die then? Cause the Easterlings overran the Northern dwarf kingdoms but turned back when they learned Sauron died.

where does it ever talk about their fighting prowess? fucking Pippin killed one, they ain't all that

In terms of craftmanship and metalworking you have:

Aule > Feanor > Sauron >>>>>> everything else

No he left on the ship to valinor at the end iirc, also its Glorfindel death is a minor setback at worse, he just goes back to spawn point

He died before and came back much stronger. They probably learned to not kill him this time.

correct though the Gwaith, Enerdhil, and Celley deserve a mention

I would put Celebrimbor and Cirdan above Sauron. The former can make the One Ring as well, and the latter makes the ships the elves use to go to space.

>It has been said that dragon-fire could melt and consume the Rings of Power, but there is not now any dragon left on earth in which the old fire is hot enough; nor was there ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself.

>Tolkien explicitly said not to look for allegories in his work.
Tolkien also spoke extensively about his dismay at the intrusion of machinery on the English countryside and his "environmentalist" ideas (I hesitate to use that term because it's so politicized), and the Scouring of the Shire is an obvious attack on industrialisation.

He disliked allegory, but he stated that people were free to interpret his books however they felt applicable.

>The former can make the One Ring as well
No.

lol wat? no he can't the Gwaith made the rings of power Sauron made the One, Cele is a shit

HIs defense is that he would have written things differently if LOTR was an allegory of WWI.

Which isn't a good excuse, really.

>siege a fortress
>by marching up to the walls with pikes

What did they hope to accomplish?

he's saying that its not and if he wanted to he would have, but he didn't, how many decades are we going to argue about this?

They had ladders you mong.

They should have invested in siege towers though.

What you're saying is definitely true, however what I think he was trying to say is that it's unfair to see his work as nothing more than an allegory for one particular idea. Just because the idea is brought up in the story doesn't mean it should dominate the story.

Nah they weren't shit. They were mainly bred for resistance to sunlight. is right.

Based. Still mad that Hackson replaced him with Arwen.

Can someone list the different types of orcs and the differences between them?

>they were shit
ftfy

I already did
theirs also sub-categories like trackers, who have great sense of smell, and then the goblins which is awhile other thing

>Worse than horsefuckers
>Worse than furfags
>Worse than DCucks
OK faggot.

That information comes from books written by a genius

fuck off Vlad, go milk a cat

Thats not how we tell it in America.

no that information was made up by OP relying on the look of the films

>Shadow of Fanfiction

Fun game and great atmosphere, but Celebrimbor was not that good and only Sauron alone can forge and control The One Ring.

Cirdan is definitely up there though.

They probably wanted to move on Helms Deep quickly before any reinforcements showed up.

>then the goblins which is awhile other thing

Tolkien uses ''orc'' and ''goblin'' interchangeably and its debatable if there's actually any difference between the two like the movies portray.

They seem a bit arrogant and withdrawn desu.

fun game but now people have this massive hard-on for celebrimbor who was always a shit, in all likelyhood he didn't even make the Elfstone, though he gets credit for it, Cele is a hack

Tolkien literally says in the prologue of the Hobbit orc and goblins are just two different words for the same thing.

why didn't saruman first team up with elves then betray then after defeating sauron

debatable sure, but their is obvious differences, that crawling on walls spider shit aside the physical portrayal of them as small more ferret like orcs seemed about right, also goblins were particularly vulnerable to sunlight iirc, more then mordor orcs at least

in the behind the scenes commentary they said they had pikes so they could 'hook' or 'poke' defenders on top of the wall. yes it sound stupid

The lore references gave me a hardon but I stopped after a few hours because killing orcs in contrived ways just got fucking repetitive and boring. Does it get better?

They may be one "species", doesn't mean that there wouldn't be differences between those that live in the Misty Mountains and those that live in Mordor. Selective breeding and shiz.

once you start controlling the orcs it gets fun again, you can build up whole armies and have them fight each other, its good fun

>black orcs

this is from warhammer

>black uruks

no such thing this is just from video games which isnt canon

>even acknowledging Shadow of Mordor's existence

You seem like a real HobbitHead OP

he's like a pathetic version of Sauron everything he does is a cheap imitation, which if you think about it everything Sauron does is a cheap imitation of Morgoth, so Saruman is a shadow of a shadow, the worthless shit wouldn't have even thought of it, Annatar would have tho.

don't ever post again, these are all lotr, everything you've mentioned ripped it from Lotr, tolkien not hackson or some vidya shit, don't ever talk to me or muh silmarils again

soldiers who literally cant fight during the day are better? lol?
humans can fight whenever although day is better

Speaking of armor; one thing that always annoyed me is how clumsy and inefficient the Minas Tirith soldiers were.
It basically portrays plate armor as more of a hindrance than help. Compare it to the lightly armored and highly mobile rangers wrecking orcs left right and center.

and Sauron can put out the sun, neat huh?

meh, in sustained drawn out close-combat conflicts the heavily armored guys will have the advantage at the end of the day

It showed Gondor being, in general, worthless. I guess it would be too time-consuming to show Gondor as being a really efficient killing machine that's simply overwhelmed by numbers.

They overran Dale but only besieged erebor

He wasn't allowed in the fellowship because he suggested they throw the ring into the ocean.

lol, whats with all valinor-born elves being such lazy cunts?

The Black Uruks were mentioned in the appendices pleb.

Celebimbor was the leader of the health and the greatest of them

>health
Gwaith?

Even historical movies basically always depict plate armor wrong. Fantasy movies are even worse. In real life, plate armor is basically impervious to swords, spears, and even axes. You have to penetrate a gap or use an armor piercing weapon like a warhammer's spike or trying to bash the armor in with a mace.

This it is literally a children's fairytale

only Excalibur and that one joan of arc movie has ever done it right

goddamn it Vlad go milk your fucking cat

Yes. Autocorrect. It's what I get for phoneposting

'black' was used to describe their appearance

>ii im just in the thread um just to say this
>divergent is better right guyz

Yes? What's your point?

and?

also think you might have replyed to the wrong post,

anyway yea Cele was in charge of the guild,I just like giving him shit cause of that stupid game, also he didn't make the elfstone, but he took credit anyway, Cele is like Edison, he just ripped off other peoples shit.

>joan of arc
you mean this one?

yup, damn tat armor was sweet