What do you guys think lies ahead for us in space?

What do you guys think lies ahead for us in space?
Will the human race make it to and inhabit the stars from our small little blue and green rock?
Do you guys think there is more life out there and do you think the intelligent ones have the same longings?
Will the human race die out without even having a colony on another celestial body, let alone leave our solar system?
newsledge.com/wm-keck-observatory-ancient-galaxies/

>lies ahead for us in space?
Nothing.
Because we need to unite as species to explore the universe colonise shit etc.
But we cant unite, its just impossible for us (just look at Sup Forums)
Maybe we arent smart enough.
We wont be able to make it, our own sun will destroy us even before we are able to start uniting.

>we need to unite
No, we need to compete. You morons that always say
>hurr humanity needs to unite
You have no idea how people work. A uniting world is what we're looking at right now and it's stagnating.

>we need to compete
That way we will be stuck here for fucking ever you retard

Are you a communist or something? Because you're acting like one. A united humanity is a complaisant one and a stagnant one.

We'll start to go around our solar system and have orbital hotels and shit, but unless we get some time bending black wormhole engine that goes faster than the speed of light, then our race will never colonise another solar system

To be fair, the idea of wormhole tech isn't really far fetched, or even then, large enough generation ships and the right tech getting us to 10-12% the speed of light *could* work.

You're both wrong. We need a united but diversified existence if we are going to be able to explore space.

>You're both wrong.
>but me, I'm le sensible moderate
>We need a united but diversified existence if we are going to be able to explore space.
Literally define that shit or gtfo

>le sensible moderate
Worst kind of humans

>AYY LMAO look at that planet
>AYY we found it first
>ayy but ayypapers ayy
>GREY RACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>planet lives matters ayy
>Ayy lets sell it and make some lmaos

This is the "human" mindset as I already said, its impossible for us to unite.

>our own sun will destroy us before we are able to start running
>implying that in 6 billion years we still won't have colonies

I think if globalism really happens, as in no more boarders, no more sovereignty, no more nation-state competition, we will be doomed in terms scientific exploration which isn't financially profitable.

Artificial limbs, military engineering, medical progress, all that will continue. And we'll mine and explore what we have to in space eventually. But it won't be anything near our potential.

As for our destiny, you can't be sure OP.

>What do you guys think lies ahead for us in space?
A cold, vast, empty and uncaring nothingness. Not that it will matter, because...
>Will the human race make it to and inhabit the stars from our small little blue and green rock?
No. The species will die in this planet.
>Do you guys think there is more life out there and do you think the intelligent ones have the same longings?
Most probably not, but if there are, they'd probably have similar longings.
>Will the human race die out without even having a colony on another celestial body, let alone leave our solar system?
Yes.

This, plus, in 6 billion years mammals probably won't even exist in any recognizable form, let alone the homo genus, which has been around less than 3 million years

Nearest is 15 light years, it would have to be some wormhole tech because that shit is too far just to travel really fast in that direction

Nearest what, possibly inhabitable world?

Nothing sufficiently new to interest us. No signs or answers to warrant continued exploration. We will decide life isn't worth living as is and migrate into simulations where we will be mindwiped.

humans are still such babbies in scale of evolution

you speaking of virtual reality world ?

>Humanity is more likely to regress then progress if history is anything to go by.

NASA is sounding more pessimistic of our chances of deep Solar System exploration with our childrens life times. I blame 70's sci-fi for getting too overconfident in man kind but still have faith we'll will with a thousand years. The time frames will be longer then was expected.

Unless we're all living under a caliphate, killing each other over nonsense and praying 7 times a day.

Solar system, don't know if it's habitable

I'm speaking of full-blown, indistinguishable from reality levels of simulation. The Matrix, but self-induced like Vanilla Sky. Maybe we're in one right now.

The closest is actually 4.37 ly f.a.m. The nearest one with a potentially habitable is quite a bit further, but if you can build a vessel fashion after the old Project Orion you could get speeds like
>Later studies indicate that the top cruise velocity that can theoretically be achieved by a of the speed of light (0.08-0.1c).[16] An atomic (fission) Orion can achieve perhaps 9%-11% of the speed of light. A nuclear pulse drive starship powered by Fusion-antimatter catalyzed nuclear pulse propulsion units would be similarly in the 10% range
Which, in a large generational ship OR if we can figure out to cryogenically freeze people and revive them reliably and safely for long periods of time, would be plenty fast enough. I mean, that's Alpha Centauri in one lifetime.

There is only one solar system, ours.
What you see up at night are other dimensions.