>2002

How does it still hold up?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Always hated this ugly faggot, I laughed when he died.

Because it isn't supposed to look realistic

I didn't give a flying fuck about dumpy

*pulls out katana*

heh....wanna say that agaid kiddo?

She was my favorite character on Peep Show.

the same reason why this does and

The snake at the end still looks pretty good.

It definitely aged better than Voldemort in the first film (which was the worst part, easily).

this didn't, shill

>the actor who voiced the house elf also voiced the worm in Labyrinth

Still the best cgi to date

Don't cut yourself on your Katana, fedoralord.

How does it still hold up?

It holds up poorly, and for that matter so does the movie, and the entirety of this terrible series, which is undoubtedly one of dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

man i fucking hate ducks
pieces of trash

Wrong

>the background droids

tfw i would at inappropriate times and I did on purpose to be like these guys

>when he died.
Well now I know that Dobby dies. Thanks.

Any movies past the Prisoner of Azkaban worth watching? I think that's the latest once I've seen. Let me see. Oh I guess Goblet of Fire was after that. Any movies past Goblet worth watching?

I've forgotten what happens in the ones I've seen, maybe I should just marathon the whole series...

Simple breakdown of what I remember, tell me how accurate it is.

>Stone
First year, blah blah, finds the Sorcerer's Stone, Voldemort comes back

>Chamber
Giant snek almost kills Harry, but I dunno, Harry was badass or something so he uses a snake's fang to destroy some diary of some fag and it somehow hurts Voldemort

>Prisoner
Not really sure. His Uncle whatever Black escapes from prison, Voldemort confronts and actually fights Harry. Black dies, Harry wins, and Voldemort goes back into hiding/healing

>Goblet
Basically a X-athlon of a bunch of different wizard shit and the winner gets the Goblet, just an award for being great wizards. I think Harry's team wins, and for some reason Voldemort was in the cup or some shit and comes back. I think he just makes an appearance and just fucks off after showing he's still alive and well

How'd I do?

they forgot to paint them?

It doesn't.

i don't know

Rewatched them recently, tb h Azkaban is the peak.
I was never a big fan of the franchise in first place tho

>man i fucking hate ducks
>pieces of trash
"Still, even a duck has to be taught to swim."
"What's a duck?"
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck

Azkaban was the peak of the books too IMO.

This literally looks like a screenshot from an MMO circa 2005.

Never read them, but from pure movie standpoint its the best shot movie.
IIRC it was the only one by Cuaron too, right?

there must always be a pasta king!

Star Wars prequels aged like milk

When did Obi and Ani fight the Blue Man Group?

How did they do it?
It almost looks human.

This shit has a filter on it, I just put in my blu ray to make sure. Shit doesn't look like that.

Extended edition.