WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

Pinbacker went crazy and killed the crew of the Icarus I. The Icarus II docked with the Icarus I and while they were docked, Pinbacker got onto the Icarus II and killed a few people. Then they flew the Icarus II payload into the sun, reigniting it and saving Earth.

What are you confused about?

What are you confused about?
how anything manmade could even hope to tickle a star

The execution. Did they run out of money? Time? Both?

something something q-ball

they went there to ''heal'' the sun because it was infected with some weird shti

Probably couldn't. I think in the movie the theory goes it's like a primer in a bullet. The sun needed a jumpstart and the payload would be just enough to restart the natural nuclear processes. Of course, how the shield thing kept them safe from the sun and how the payload cube thing could possibly withstand the heat, pressure, gravity, etc etc of inside the fucking sun requires a little suspension of disbelief. It's a scifi film though, always gotta just assume they got some sort of unobtainum or some shit like in The Core.

>The execution. Did they run out of money? Time? Both?
Not sure. I think they weren't sure where the conflict in the movie was going to come from. If they had smooth sailing to the sun, it'd be kind of boring. Why they decided to turn into a slasher film in the third act I don't know. Sunshine is actually one of my favorite "easy to watch" go-to movies if I just need something on my second monitor. It's a great premise but yeah, maybe the slasher third act could have gone a different direction.

I might have to fire that movie up now. I actually really like it.

I never did mind the slasher aspect of this movie

there is still a philosophical conflict taking place - Pinbacker is not doing what he's doing because he's a mindless zombie; he's killed the original Icarus crew for the same reasons as he's trying to kill the Icarus 2 crew

A promising movie turned into a cheesy schlockfest for the last half hour. Because profits, or something.

Still, kudos for the time-dilation effects.

A terrible movie was made

A great movie turned to complete shit in one scene.

>build meant to fly up towards the sun
>call it ICARUS
>it fails surprising no one
>make a second ship
>call it ICARUS II

10/10

SpaceAIDS?

Yeah, I like how he kept his conviction and stuff. He actually had a motive. Still, I can't help but believe natural causes couldn't have made a better conflict. You know, like when the oxygen garden blew up or whatever. It could remain being a great scifi film with a great story and premise and yet still have its conflict.

Oh fuck I just realized I messed up my previous quote. The first part of was meant for

Daedalus was the one who crashed and burned, not Icarus.

0/10.

ok friendo

Daedalus built the labyrinth and the wings. Icarus was the retard who melted his wax.

My bad. Guess I flew too close to the sun there.

How dare you puncture my sense of superiority. 0/10.

Which exact scene did it all go downhill?

Sunshine
>Icarus 1 - flies too close to the Sun. Pinbacker speaks to God and does not feel man is qualified to shape our own destiny

Event Horizon
>Horizon visits Hell (probably) and the crew go mad and kill themselves

Space. Not even once

>how anything manmade could even hope to tickle a star
This. What a shit premise.

Ships that can get that close to the sun are common syfy tropes.

>tickle
>nuclear bomb so large it had it's own gravitational field (which was why they kept sliding down it to get away from Skinbacker, but never actually fell off of it)