Why did Sheev even need Darth Vader after the empire was set?

why didn't he kill anakin and searched for a more powerful jedi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7SjW0vFCiI&ab_channel=QuoteTheGuy
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Karbin
youtube.com/watch?v=33zaPRgs9Bk
readcomics.tv/comic/darth-vader
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He did search for a replacement. lmao their's even an Admiral Ackbar General Grevious mash-up he was hoping could beat Vader. Thing is Vader always managed to fuck the replacements shit up. There's no sense in killing Vader when Vader is more powerful than everyone you're looking at.

The rule of two

No longer cannon silly EU friend

>more powerful jedi
>more powerful than the Chosen One

>a more powerful jedi

youtube.com/watch?v=b7SjW0vFCiI&ab_channel=QuoteTheGuy

it is

who?

He was searching for a replacement the whole time, but every time he found one Vader would just kill it. He even had a small group of potential replacements lined up, none of whom even dared challenge Vader because they knew he'd fuck them up.

Even with his clunky armor and cyborg body, Vader was still extremely powerful. The only real potential replacement was a non-disabled version of Anakin, which as far as Sheev knew didn't exist until he found out that there was another guy named Skywalker running around with a lightsaber.

Deleted scenes don't count. Go read some fan fic.

rey

Why did he even need Vader? All the Jedi who could pose a threat were dead.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Karbin
people seem to forget how retarded some of the EU was
it's no suprise that Disney made it non-canon

whatever you say, dumbo

It is literally canon as is Darth Bane. CW CGI cartoons are part of canon still. Don't debate this shit if you don't know basic shit like that.

Disney canon is OT+PT+CGI CW cartoons+everything released after Disney acquisition EXCEPT for TOR content.

Keep in mind, it's not only the OT/PT films which are canon but also the novelizations and screenplays, which include details that are important such as Plagueis being canonically dead (Sheev kept his ashes in a pot in his office), Darth Bane and the rule of two (included in the TPM novelizaiton, screenplay and CW cartoons), ect.

Vader killed many jedis between ROS and ANH. Not only he was a great warrior despite being cripple but having no life and losing everything he ever loved made him the perfect right hand, ruthless and motivated only by his hate and his twisted sense of justice (retconned into real justice by Jar Jar Abrams but that's another story). Think in an evil Robocop

Sheev didn't really want to be involved in day to day politics, his actual goals were far more esoteric, lots to do with communing with the force and gaining the ability to warp reality using the darkside.

Oh and to add, he couldn't complete this goal on his own, he needed another who was at least somewhere close to his force mastery.

Wasn't that the whole point of seducing Luke? For him to supplant Vader?

Or did Vader want to supplant the Emporer?

They both wanted Luke to kill the other one and rule by their side.

>cartoons R important

rule of two is mentioned in the Revenge of the sith novelization as well

Karbin is canon. I brought it up because it was in the 2015 Vader comic I read for a while before I got bored.

Just general sith shit, only way to get promoted is kill your boss, though Sheev was planning on living forever by the time ROTJ was happening.

how was Sheev planning to live forever?

theres a lot of lore here that I seemed to have missed, but I am a casual

I think it was in the new Tarkin book where you find out he wants to manipulate reality with the force, I suppose extending his lifespan would fall under such a broad scope of powers.

>(retconned into real justice by Jar Jar Abrams
????????
pls explain

oh, I see.
I haven't read that book, will you tell me more about it?

as a 'casual' I dont really understand Sheev outside of him wanting to rule and essentially being the typical megalomaniac who wants to be powerful.

I also dont understand why he's called Sheev and not Palpatine

That's from last year's canon VADER comic.
The moment I saw that thing on the page (well, more like before when Dr. Cylo IV popped up) I wrote off the new canon as equally if not more stupid than EU.

>EXCEPT for TOR content.
>EAs Battlefront and random cellphone games are somehow canon meanwhile KOTOR/SWTOR isn't

Kill me.

CW > OT my good friend

so.....he wanted to invent meme magic?

>retconned into real justice by Jar Jar Abrams but that's another story
I sincerely have zero idea what you mean

Sheev is just the shitty first name that came out in the last few years from Lucas himself I believe or another canon source. Book is much more about Tarkin's backstory and his first collaboration with Darth Vader in the early empire (though he had fought with Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars, and was one of the few who suspect Vader & Anakin were one in the same), though the side plot of it is largely about Palpatine's large indifference to governing. He spends most of his time on Coruscent in his palace, which is the former Jedi Temple, which itself was built on an ancient sith shrine where he goes to commune with the force to attempt to gain more powers like the big one such as manipulation of life and reality.

did the realization ever set in for what vader had become or did he think sheev was his friend up until the end?

But all of the OT is good meanwhile most of Clone Wars is not. OT doesn't need a viewing guide.

The vader/palatine slash fanfiction page 'unlimited power' will clue you in

>or did he think sheev was his friend up until the end?
Considering the fact that he tempts luke with overthrowing the emperor in Empire, probably not.

>all of OT
>good pick one

Besides the best of the cw is still better than the best of OT.

Not a deleted scene

By the time they had reached the point of master and apprentice, their friendship was more of co-dependence to a fine point. Usually when Palpatine called him 'my friend' it was a mocking tone, though Palpatine did provide teaching in the ways of the Sith as that was his side of the bargin in the rule of two.

Old EU had him figure out he was close to outliving his usefulness pretty quickly and relentlessly plot against Palpatine, with Palps coming up with counterplots and traps for him all the time. Palps was even proud of his pupil, because such behaviour was the way of the Sith.
Examples:
>Dark Lord
>Force Unleashed

Canon does this, too. See the Vader comic.

>for the empire to live, darth vader had to live

the darth vader comics are canon

Jar Jar Abrams proved Vader was right. The republic was a failure and the rebels couldn't handle the government, the only way to maintain stability was through a galactic empire and if it wasn't for Luke's lack of vision, the galaxy would be in peace rather than in the chaos of TFA.

The Rule of Two - which Sidious followed - notes that the best way to increase the power of the Sith is with the dark side being concentrated on a master and apprentice only. The rivalry between the two is the only way to consistently improve the power of the Sith.

Darth Vader's job was to challenge the Emperor and win, thus proving his superiority and increasing the power of the Sith, or die, thus failing and challenging Sidious to find a new apprentice.

Vader was preparing to make his move which is why he wanted to turn Luke, and even though he did kill the Emperor he ended up getting redeemed and killed instead.

He needed an efficient killing machine for the special elite missions. Sheev was too busy doing comfy emperor stuff like fucking bitches and getting money and passing decrees, he couldnt just go fight like a soldier when he was the fucking emperor

when he discovers his son survived, he starts a race to reach Luke before the emperor to have the old shit killed by the two of them, that's vader motivation in episode 5

Because when Vader was created Sheev wasn't a Sith, just a regular guy running the Empire.

So having a Dark Knight Wizard Vader as an enforcer seemed like a good idea. Later he was retconned into the most powerful Sith to have ever lived by George, so Vader does kinda look like a bitch in comparison.

Oh well, blame George.

is there a place i could read such stuff? im kinda depressed and it would be a fun comfy way to spend the night and forget reality

Friendly reminder that funny books and cartoons for babies are not canon.

My god. I didn't realize this until now.

this

>cartoons
>relevant
lol

>Sidious to find a new apprentice

He tried but Vader killed them all, before ep 5, Sidious realized that Vader was everyting he could have hoped for in an apprentice after all, until he learned about Luke.

>cracked window in space

I really don't think that's safe

>eu
>relevant
lol

This is awful...that comic looks like trash. Why is Star Wars so shitty?

>eu

that's part of the new canon, you pleb

wheere can i see that whole story online?

The Star Wars comic is pretty good. Does a nice job of capturing the feel of the movies.

The Vader one is sophomoric trash.

>Because when Vader was created Sheev wasn't a Sith, just a regular guy running the Empire.

Are we talking Star Wars (1977) here, and only that movie? Because come ESB and ROTJ, you've already got Yoda alluding to the might of the Emperor and Palps himself does all that seducing Luke to the dark side and throwing lightning shit. He was definitely retooled as a Sith (or just Dark Jedi then) starting with ESB.

First thought looking at that

>He spends most of his time on Coruscent in his palace, which is the former Jedi Temple, which itself was built on an ancient sith shrine
kek, why is this funny to me

Its still new to me that people didn't know Vader=Anakin, but i guess theres no real reason people would know.

thanks for the summary user, i appreciate it!!

That's post-2014 canon. This is the currently hot but not any less stupid shit.
Marvel's Darth Vader comics by Kieron Gillen.

Let's post shit that triggers EU/Nu-EU/prequelfags

>Revan is not canon
>Probably never will be and will never be brought up in a movie anyway if he was
>The Old Republic will never get a movie
>Kyle is not canon
>Nothing from Rebels, Clone Wars, comics or books will be anything more than background filler that has no effect on the plot
>Darth Maul is dead and will never be brought up in the movies
>Ashoka will never be in a movie
>Rebel cartoon fags will never be in a movie
>No one cares about the prequels but kids and Disney won't waste time making any prequel centric spin offs
>Obi-Wan is not getting a movie
>Snoke is not Plagueis and Plagueis is even more irrelevant and obscure and Revan, thus will also never be brought up again aside some shitty novel/comic books
>all of this is true and it triggers nerds

Fuck yeah.

>not in movies
>canon
lol

I'm just hoping that thrawn shows up and isn't horribly butchered desu

If Sheeve was so impressed with Anakin/Vader...why did he build him the shittiest armor and cyborg parts, shitty shoes, and barely functional life support?

You mean to tell me he could afford a Hundreds of Star destroyers but couldn't but Vader a pair of boots that fit?

You're too late. You're far too late.
youtube.com/watch?v=33zaPRgs9Bk

Check out the audio book versions, that's how I found the time to read them on my way to and from work.

Anyone else think the EU gets a bad wrap? Especially compared to Disney's canon. So far there's no reason to suck Disney's cock outside of authority bias. Rey is far worse than Lucas' Anakin and everything that fags claim is good about the new canon is tied into toddler cartoons.

He's a dick.

Because George is a dumbfuck.

Disney's version of EU is shit, but it's not as bad as old EU.

Yet.

He already had

>people seem to forget how retarded some of the EU
That character did not even exist till Disney took the wheel. neo canon is 3 times more retarded than the old eu

Because he didn't wanted to be killed by Vader.

same

Main characters will probably be minimally aliens. Increases costs of production. Chiss may only have blue skin and red eyes but it's much easier to put a nerd in a nazi suit and call him something scary like Krennic.

No, there were some gems in the EU but most of it was absolute trash, it's better this way. Disney isn't doing much better, but at least we don't have so much trash anymore. My prediction is that new EU is just going to range from mediocre to good, which is much better than shit to good.

What do you think is worse about the OG EU? Please don't cherrypick April Fools stories. Either way the highs of the EU top Disney's nonsense.

The Chosen One shit was one of the dumbest things about the prequels.

the vader comic can be found via Sup Forums ask in the win o thread or search the desu archive, or ask in an SW thread.

I don't really see the issue

Well, before it was because
a) Palpatine is kind of an ass
b) The fourth movie of the series came out first without the prequels planned out, so Grievous is just an abberation that doesn't make sense in the timeline
c) to explain b), it was said that Vader could never completely leave his suit to have another version made or he would die, and the suit they used was what they had available at the time. Since Anakin was badly wounded on Mustafar, time was of the essence.

All this makes no sense in NuCanon because
d) Vader is shown completely out of the suit drifting in a tank of bacta in Rogue One.

I'm a complete pleb when it comes to Star Wars. I haven't watched the PT or OT since years ago and I never took the time to watch TFA and Rogue One. But the lore surrounding the sith was always interesting to me.

Anyway, the rule of 2 is apparently a thing but where does that fits in the prequel? Starting with PM, we got Sheev and Darth Maul running around. That's fine until Christopher Lee and General Grievous shows up. What was up with that? Where do they fit towards the rule of 2? Did Sheev had a backlog of guys he could fill in as his apprentice as soon as one of them dies?

It's cannon, it is more of a tradition than some law of nature of that is what you mean.

EBen in starwars rebels there are a bunch of dark side users. They are just weak as shit/ not trained well so they won't be a threat to sheeve.

That's some goofy ass shit.

ITT: old EU fags mad at the new EU

>Did Sheev had a backlog of guys he could fill in as his apprentice as soon as one of them dies?

Probably, and i don't think Grievous counts as a sith since he can't use the force.

readcomics.tv/comic/darth-vader

Don't get too caught up in technicalities. Pick and choose your own head canon

new makes old look like classical works of fiction

you need a right hand man

>It's important to have one. Without 'em what do you have? A whole lot of work.

>That character did not even exist till Disney took the wheel. neo canon is 3 times more retarded than the old eu
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed

Good lord.

>Sheev's crazy three eyed son and the guy who pretended to be his crazy three eyed son and his fuccboi grandson will never be canon

>Vong
>so many superweapons even Disney wouldn't approve
>darksaber novel
>Sith eating planets with the force
>Luke moving black holes with the force
>Luuke
>The Crystal Star novel
>Jedi Trials novel
>Children of the Jedi novel
>Callista
>Glove of Darth Vader
>Kevin J Anderson in general
>triclops
>splinter of a mind's eye
>R5 the force sensitive droid
>Skippy
>IG-88 is a deathstar
>Father,Son , Daughter arc

Of the top of my head for the most retarded shit.