Can i get a redpill-bluepill on Marilyn Mansons music?

can i get a redpill-bluepill on Marilyn Mansons music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2d4b4BTZ04
youtube.com/watch?v=CaXinarn-W0
youtube.com/watch?v=n3sEKLlFLzI&has_verified=1
youtube.com/watch?v=g6n5dJsoMdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Redpill: it’s bluepill

He's a gaynigger

fpbp

Fucking has-been. All downhill after golden age. Cringey at this point.

He's a high functioning autist, and so is his music

he had a good session guitarist and not much else

golden age would be when exactly?

>listening to music associated with school shootings, ever

Time to re-evaluate your life.

his 2003 album

High Tier - Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood, AntiChrist Superstar

Good Tier - Portrait of American Family, Pale Emperor

Wildcard Tier (either love or hate depending on taste) - High End of Low, Eat Me Drink me

Low Tier - Heaven upside down

Shit tier - Born Villain, Golden Age of Grotesque

It's goofy, shallow halloween music, but Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood are fun. It's sort of taking hammy hard rock, and dressing it up superficially with a rather interesting mix of deathrock (Christian Death), industrial rock (Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy), and glam rock (Bowie) aesthetics.

His last good album was Mechanical Animals, it's all been downhill since then. Smells Like Children and Antichrist Superstar are probably the best albums, although Portrait is good too.

His whole persona is an act he got stuck playing in the 90s. He pussed out after that Columbine shit. Even though the school shooters didn't even listen to his music and listen to stuff like KMFDM.

That's actually a little bit of a myth. They definitely liked KMFDM and Rammstein way more than they liked Marilyn Manson, but if you actually go look at their playlists, they did include Marilyn Manson.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2d4b4BTZ04

i think hes grown passed it

his music is really uninteresting
interesting culture jammer in his peak days tho

youtube.com/watch?v=CaXinarn-W0

youtube.com/watch?v=n3sEKLlFLzI&has_verified=1

Marilyn Manson was raised catholic does anyone else realize that?

no way just found out today lol

first four albums are the tits
the pale emperor is good
Eat Me Drink Me and GAOG are a bit uneven
Heaven Upside Down, Born Villain and High End of Low are bad

One of them had a Smells like Children poster

It goes as deep as you dare to look.

trentfags pls

the tragedy with manson is that he doesn't play and is beholden to the skill of whoever is working with him at the time

when i listen i only hear squandered potential

lost highway soundtrack has good songs

yeah, it's a shame. He did quite a bit of composition on GAOG though and played most of the keyboard work on that album though.

>the tragedy with manson is that he doesn't play and is beholden to the skill of whoever is working with him at the time

This is true. He is an entertainer and a writer, so with the revolving door of musicians behind him there is no Marilyn Manson "sound".

Portrait and Antichrist Superstar seem to be largely the combined work of Manson, Daisy Berkowitz and Twiggy, but with some oversight from Reznor (The Reflecting God is amazing!), which really helped Antichrist Superstar and which still stands as a great album today. Daisy left, John 5 stepped in and brought something to Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood, but it went to shit half through GAOG - probably after the title track - and the band's never really recovered.

I'm not going through the list, but as the musicians changed so inevitably does the music. I should emphasise that mid-late 90s Mason was great to experience and if you weren't there it's probably hard to grasp how alarming he was to people who only knew the image but not that he was an intelligent man who was simply putting on a show that he would enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6n5dJsoMdc