but user

Lines in the Sand and Trial of Tears are pretty good though t b h

Saw them in PA for the Images and Words anniversary tour
It was the shit

2 songs don't make a good album

Not saying it does, but credit where it's due

I only ever liked 90's Dream Theater.

very not-cool

Music is not a fashion statement or an accessory to impress your friends in home-room

Nothing wrong until 2005
After Octa they became truly awful

octavarium and metropolis pt2 are top tier prog metal albums imo

has there ever been a band with worst album covers than dream theater? dear lord, they look so embarrassing

They are so cheesy and I love them for that.

I'd say Metropolis' isn't bad

very cool

For me Awake is their best

Haha time to rank their albums

WDaDU > Awake > I&W > SFaM >>> ToT > 6DoIT > ADToE >> FII > Octa > SC > BC&SL > DT >>>>>>>>>> The Astonishing

The top 4 are the only ones I still listen to. I've grown to dislike LaBrie as a vocalist, especially post-SFaM.

this is one of the absolute best prog albums imo

did anybody else sit in class listening to Octavarium and imagine performing it to the school flawlessly or was i the only person this autistic?

no but I did hum/sing long dream theater songs to myself while on long marches during basic combat training and my job training for the army

This literally looks like the cover of a young adult novel

They hold a special place in my heart for being one of the first bands I obsessed over but after a decade the only albums that still hold up to me are I&W and Awake.
>Forgetting Hell's Kitchen

I did this just not to that album. I still do have occasional fantasies of being back in high school and performing a kickass concert, too.

their drums sound like garbage

Yes because I was a fucking autistic kid

>implying SDoIT and Octavarium aren't prog masterpieces
And I don't know why everybody praises Images as their best when Awake is the epitome of Progressive Metal

>Awake is the epitome of prog metal
>isn't even metal
Huh

WATCH THE SPARROW FALL GIVES NEW MEANING TO IT ALL IF NOT TODAY NOR YET TOMORROW THEN SOME OTHER DAYYY

am I the first one here to say that ACOS is their best song?