Could weed finally be legalized in the United States by 2020?

Could weed finally be legalized in the United States by 2020?

>colorado schools are so well funded they had to give money back to the community

Other urls found in this thread:

thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/2015-marijuana-tax-vote-results-colorado-considers-proposition-bb
denverpost.com/2015/11/03/colorado-allowed-to-spend-marijuana-tax-money-as-voters-reject-refunds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not as long as society keeps producing brainwashed low IQ retards from the right (like those you can find on Sup Forums) who believe in degeneracy and are easily swayed by arguments as retarded as "muh chilluns"

Hopefully. It being illegal is perhaps the dumbest shit and I'm not even a smoke weed everyday kinda user. I think I've smoked it maybe 10 times, and I'm 36. Would rather have people smoke instead of drink, which is much worse, and will always remain legal.

Let the other retarded states miss out, if they're that fucking stupid then i hope the states where it's not legalized just crumble.

Not le dude weed meme again

i figure weed will never be 100% legal because of feminism. it makes guys happy and feminists don't like guys to be happy.

>Could weed finally be legalized in the United States by 2020?
I doubt it will be that quick, but we'll likely see medical marijuana legalized at the federal level by then. I imagine at least 10-15 states will have legalized recreational weed by 2020 tho.

Not an argument

Fuck no. It'll be another 10-15 years until medical marijuana is legalized in the US, much less recreational use.

Can't wait until the topic of marijuana legalization finally comes into play in European politics. Some places it's pretty much as close to being the ultimate taboo as you can possibly get.

It'll literally be an exact repeat of what was going on during the abolitionist era, where we waited to see what the US landed on and immediately followed suit. Alcohol used to be illegal, which is something most Norwegians don't think about very often let alone something they was a reality back in the day.

Needless to say, keep fighting the good fight, America. Because chances are, it's not only your lives it's going to have an impact on.

Good Norway. I was not aware the situation was like that.

>fund the schools with weed
>schools give extra money back to the community
>community buys more weed
>??????
>free weed

weed is a wonder crop, and could fuel a new agribusiness boom

can I get a link to this senpai, I've been trying to convince the coolies and niggers here about this for years, but with weed legal no more coke trade for government and Syrians.

Where in Europe is it treated as taboo?

My fear is it will get hijacked by Big Pharma. I'm sure it already is.

god i fucking hope so

And your society produces such enigmatic marvels of enlightenment. Mexican society - please, tell us all about your superior value system and IQs.

this is exactly what I was thinking, in my country farming is seen as degenerate (Low caste, or class) but, you know, we kinda need to eat and a nation that is not food secure is just not secure.

DUUUUUUUDE

WEEEEEEEED

LMAOOOOOO

This is why we need a wall.

The Cartel is literally right here.

>Would rather have people smoke instead of drink, which is much worse, and will always remain legal.
This
Alcohol is a blight.
>inb4 buttmad AA chip carrier

>being this pathetic

I heard that's why Ohio voted no on it. Some corporation/s wanted to be the ones growing it.

I can see it being rescheduled well before 2020. There is far too much money in it to be ignored. The feds not going after states that legalized it was a huge move towards legalization. Now that there are a few states raking in the cash it will happen quickly.

It would be really hard to.

I have a theory about this.

Medications takes time to plan around, understand all the side effects, not to mention the severity of the intended effect. Some medications make stop seizures, but too much can stop a heartbeat, etc. Bottomline, extensive testing needs to be done BEFORE you send it to the FDA. After that, it undergoes further testing and can take years to get released on the market for patients. Even then, you need all sorts of permits, trained workers and large scale production to turn a profit.

Marijuana on the other hand, is very similar to corn. Or tobacco for that matter. Almost everyone can grow it relatively easily, but the professional can do it extremely precisely and on a mass scale. The FDA needs very little to regulate a plant that has been proven scientifically impossible to overdose on. Plus, it's much easier for growers to understand the strain and control which type of effects have what on persons, rather than pharma companies testing new medication constantly.

If you were big pharma, would you want to lose money after spending all those resources attempting to perfect a painkiller that still has glaring side effects and dependency to a plant any Joe Schmo can do in his backyard?

I highly doubt it.

That's my theory on it at least.

>colorado schools are so well funded they had to give money back to the community

People here are going to do it regardless, so it doesn't matter.

>The feds not going after states that legalized it was a huge move towards legalization.
We probably actually do have Obama to thank for that.
I'm pretty sure the DEA wanted to roll into Washington and Colorado with tanks and he said, "No, let them smoke dank."

They voted to give it to the schools, instead of giving it back.

>The refund is due to a 1992 voter-approved constitutional amendment which Colorado called the Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights. It requires Colorado to pay back taxpayers whenever the state collects more revenue than what is allowed, based on a formula, factoring in inflation and population growth.

thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/2015-marijuana-tax-vote-results-colorado-considers-proposition-bb

denverpost.com/2015/11/03/colorado-allowed-to-spend-marijuana-tax-money-as-voters-reject-refunds/

I can never understand how some societies don't respect the people that make sure they don't starve to death.

>arguments as retarded as "muh chilluns"

Children are our future.

As cliche as that sounds, it is the truth.

Nobody under 21 can purchase it then.

Meh
OP is mostly full of shit

Dope Tax may be refunded to taxpayers:
the state may have to give a 60 million dollar refund to the people, because their state tax revenue was far higher than needed, and the state constitution requires refunding tax money from "new taxes" when that happens.

...Cuz schools have too much money:
pot doesnt fund schools, niether directly nor indirectly, so OP pulled that out of his ass.

Former teenage degenerate here.
Age regulation does about as much as making it illegal. Kids always find a way to get a hold of things they want to try, no exceptions.
There really is no way at this point to get rid of or control weed that isnt way to extreme. Leagalizing it is really the only option left.

Age restriction is mostly to appeal to those who say "think of the children"

do you think trump could build an IP wall too?

>build a wall and legalize weed
>get high legally
>watch mexico implode

this is a win/win

>Mexican Intellectual

Yup, there is so much potential with hemp yet farmers are concerned about the DEA fucking their shit up.

You just mad cause you aints got KUSH bruv.

Nope :)

:(