Vikings

Just finished watching the latest episode (S04E15) and was wondering what they’re going to do, now that Ragnar is dead?

I predict next season will be shortened to eight episodes or so and will be the last for the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers–Danlos_syndrome
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kattegat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boo you suck -
the saga is going to go full circle w ivar taking the lead, all the way to another blood eagle on aelle and possibly somehow ecbert

I haven't seen it but I know he dies in this episode tell me at least that Athelstan shows up . Ragnar as a character at least deserves that.

>After the death of Gyda

Gyda, I have come to say goodbye to you properly. I have been thinking about you, about when you were small. You were so lively, you could run as swiftly as the wind, you were like quick-silver. But then, before I knew it, you stopped running here and there and everywhere and you become still..
At 12 years-old you had the stillness and the calm of a fine woman.What children you would have produced! What joy... that would have brought to all of us.
Dear child, Gyda, you are not gone because you are always in my heart. They say that a man must love his sons more, but a man can be jealous of his sons, and his daughter can always be the light in his life.
I knew very well that you are with the gods, but I will wait here awhile, and if you want to come and talk to me, then come and talk, and I will gently stroke your long and beautiful hair once again with my peasant hands."

>And the devastating murder of his best friend Athelstan by the hand of other best friend Floki---

Never knew what a martyr was.

I still don’t.

You’re a brave man, Athelstan. I always respected you for that. You taught me so much. You saw yourself as weak and conflicted, but to me, you were fearless because you dared to question.

Why did you have to die?

We had so much more to talk about.

I always believed that death is a fate far better than life, for you will be reunited with lost loved ones.

But we will never meet again, my friend.

I have a feeling that your God might object to me visiting you in Heaven.

What am I to do now?

I hate you for leaving me!

I ache from your loss...

There is nothing that can console me now.

I am changed...

And so are you.

Vikings has been shit since Applestand died.

>And his betrayal by Rollo and Ecbert

> and the fact that his body is so broken from the failed raid on Paris

> and that his two favorite and most loyal Sons Bjorn and Ivar seem to be well on their way to being their own men.

> and knowing that his death will cause enough of a backlash within the Viking community that the English kingdoms may never be able to fully rid themselves of the Viking presence that's getting him the permanent settlement he had always wanted for his people

> and wrongly believing he had lost Lagartha forever, and never knowing that in the end she was really into risk everything just to get him and her kingdom back.

I think Ragnar I was ready for what lies Beyond hopefully a reunion with friends and family and being that I read that Odin was there waiting for him I'd say his chances look pretty good.

>the saga is going to go full circle w ivar taking the lead

Ivar the Preposterously Boneless can't carry this tv show.

it’s remotely possible that Bjorn Ironside could be the star for next season but I doubt the HyStry Channel will go that way and I’m not sure the actor is good enough.

They are going for ecbert first because ragnar never overcame what happend to his settlers, thats what he tells ivar before he leaves

I know the show is called vikings and not Ragnar, but the show still was Ragnar Lothbrok. I really don't see how it can continue without his presence

You're right the show did become a lot less interesting without athelstan.

I know Michael Hirst said that he had run out of things for athelstan to do, but he was still one of the most interesting characters on the entire show

It was renewed for a fifth season of twenty episodes.

>I really don't see how it can continue without his presence

Agreed, had they set-up Bjorn as the obvious successor and given the actor the scenes and storyline to make it happen, it might have been possible to keep the series going but Ivar the Limp Dick just ain't going to work; the character is stupid (he wasn't a fucking cripple!) and the actor is unattractive and like it or not, chicks are important to tv ratings.

This constant gayness for Athelstan is getting a little creepy.

>
WEW lad cannot wait to see Ivar and High King of Ireland Máel Sechnaill mac Máele Ruanaid batter the shite out of each other.

>Lagertha is now a king

WE WUMINZ WUZ KINGZ N SHIET TOO YA KNO BIG HAIRY NORD GUYS

I don't give a fuck about this show.

The way life of the Norse is portrayed is a fucking travesty.

They didn't wear furs and leathers. They weren't unwashed, unkempt, barbarians.

I hate how in all "historical" shows everyone is sweaty and dirty and dresses in blacks, brows kr greys.

There isn't even a reason for it. Today we very well know how people lived and dressed.

This is how vikings looked like.

>osprey book illustrations
This, class, is how you spot an idiot.

>I hate how in all "historical" shows everyone is sweaty and dirty and dresses in blacks, brows kr greys.

The lack of color is really disappointing and has become standard operating procedure in quasi-historical shows.

Yes, because Hollywood is known for its strict adherence to historical accuracy....

Show me then how the Danes dressed.

Talking about Denmark: there aren't any fucking fjords and mountains in Denmark.

It's like making a show about a desert tribe and filming it in a forest.

Fucking hollywood.

So... whatever happened to Viking-Hanako?

>le switching side man
>interesting
pick one

Idk why every character in the show sucks this guy's dick. his only purpose in the show is to be the audience character to showcase how strange viking/christian traditions appear to an ousider. he's not even a historical figure. floki did the show a service.

what does his title Boneless mean then?
being crippled is one possible interpretation.

she left out of insecurity. fits her right because she's been a bitch to bjorn the whole time. he gave her freedom out of love and she thinks that entitles her to be a strong womyn who don't need no man.

kid looks like the guy from the goons, the ugly bastard, kek

Can't get it up

double negation idiot, i know you like 2 cock up ur ass but stop it with double negations fagot

>Idk every character in the show sucks this guy's dick
Only Ragnar, Ecbert and Judith. The rest don't give a fuck.

Bjorn punished Floki because he's retarded.

>what does his title Boneless mean then?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers–Danlos_syndrome

A cripple would have not been allowed to live, let alone somehow become a great leader of the vikings... while dragging himself thru the mud.

>2016 year of our lord
>don't know about strong womym meme
kys.

oh, only the most influential Viking AND the most influential Christian in the show...

>last of the show
>shorter season
It's not shortened. Already confirmed for 20 eps just like this season. Also we got the Great Heathen Army to look forward to, aswell as Bjorn's raids against the Muslim Caliphate of Spain and many more cities in the Mediterranean sea. Shit aint over. Ragnar's Death is a catalyst for whats to come.
Michael Hirst wants to do This show until they reach North America.

>two characters
>every character

I have Ehlers Danlos.
A leg less cripple would make a better fighter than someone with EDS, IMO.

>Already confirmed for 20 eps just like this season.

I predict ratings are going to tank next season.

>Michael Hirst wants to do This show until they reach North America.

Not with the cast they've got.

Some have it worse than others but an actual cripple dragging himself thru the mud would never become a leader.

People were already getting bored of Ragnar and his incessant whining. This change of cast is good even if half of the new characters are bland.

You, too, will still be here complaining how the series "went to shit" after Ragnar died but savoring every drop of it like the whore you are.

who else Gyda here

Nice

>Great Heathen Army

>read about it
>landed on a place where the king gave them horses for peace
>wandered around doing nothing
>got besieged by two other kingdom
>forced to peace
>went back to the king that gave them horses and killed him and conquered the place
>then went and defeated one of the lesser kingdom
>got btfo by Alfred the great
>kept fooling around

Woah, Vikings suck

So they won't bother with Aflred turning the tide?

>I predict ratings are going to tank next season.
Why? You really think people give that much of a shit about Ragnar? Between Bjorn, Ivar and Ubba the show will be fine. What it really needs is a new female lead, because surely Lagertha won't last much longer.

Perfect time for this cutie to come back.

ragnar's sons look like modern swedish cucks. I want to see more of these guys.

Harald should be the new protagonist

>mfw people think the main characters are meant to be swedish

Ubbe looks a lot like Ragnar in the first season.

If Floke becomes a muslim I will stop watching

What became of Bjorn's son? I forget. Wtf?

his daughter died
his son is in Kattegat

He had two offspring? What?

But Ragnar in the show lives in Norway.

We should know at least what happened to her. It's lazy writing that she disappeared completely.

his facial hair makes him look like a viking cosplayer

Is that some LOTR cosplay?

He had a daughter from the ex slave Porumm, she couldn't into being a shield Maiden and ended up with about 2/3rds of a face and simply walked out of kattegat leaving her daughter Siggy in the care of Aslaug.

Unfortunately for young Siggy Asluag was drunk pretty much 24/7 and she drowned in a stream. No one seemed particularly upset by this

The daughter (Siggy) was neglected by Aslaug and was found face down in the river. When told about her death Aslaug and Ivar just laughed. It was a bit weird. Weirder still that Bjorn never even mentions it.

Aslög seems to be from Sweden in the show, and Björn becomes the first King of Sweden historically.

that's his girlfriends son with Borg

It's Þorunn, pronounced Thorunn.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kattegat

No mountains around the Kattegat.

Britain is ssuposed to be West from where Ragnar lives so it cannot be further up north where there are fjords like in the show.

Also, capital punishment dudn't exist in norse society and christians never cruzified people for apostasy.

The show is as accueate as Xena.

> switching sides man

No, that would definitely be Rollo

If anything athelstan was too loyal for his own good

>name my band Sup Forums

Is that guy wearing his sword strapped across his back?

What kind of dumb show for retards is that?

I know, they should've called the village Skagerrak instead (the sea between Sweden and Norway)

And Britain is west of Norway. Ragnar never says that they will sail straight west.

>Blue
i think not, blue is an expensive colour to make, i doubt many people had blue.

The Gustavs Wigelius

I don't thihnk he cared so much about the settlement. I thinhk he told Ivar to aim for Ecbert because he wants his buddy to live more stories.

It was because for the first two seasons it was Ragnar as the main guy, friends as sidekicks and family too. They didn't develop other characters that are still alive in the storyline that aren't his family or close friends, so no one really cares about the new ones.

Though Finehair is quite nice

>first love of Bjorn
>lots of interaction between them
>gets pregnant
>gives birth but doesn't want the child
>leaves because lmao
>kid dies because lmao
>absolutely no one cares
>not even Bjorn

Why in the fuck would he become muslim?

Before Sup Forums
After Sup Forums

Wasn't that son the son of Torvi, but not from Bjorn? Basically his wife's son?

vikings were probably very unwashed compared to modern hygiene. That one arab was shocked how they didn't wipe their ass properly after taking a shit, but complimented them for combing hair every day

denmark and norwayt was alot bigger back then before sweden conquered bohuslän and halland and there are fjords there though only a couple ones
also ragnars father sigurd was a swedish king
and death penalty didn't exist nigga please you think the human sacrifices was good boys who dindu nuthings, they were faggots and nidingar

>trusting the words of arabs who likely wiped his as with his own hand and a cup of water

Its a name given to him most likely a long time after his death, and the author writing the saga or poem had to come up with something because calling someone just Ivar is bland as fuck.

Source is the book Vikings by Else Roesdahl, researcher from Arhus university.

Again with the Sup Forums history. Arabs were obsessed with personal hygiene, which is why the habits of the Rus appalled them so much.

>I don't understand male friendship and bromance
t. roastie

probably because they naturally smell bad

Actually vikings cared alot of personal hygiene, Excavations of Viking sites have turned up tweezers, razors, combs and ear cleaners made from animal bones and antlers. they also bathed at least once a week, much more frequently than other Europeans of their day

The arab traveller was appalled because being a muslim he cleaned himself daily for the 5 prayers. In the west the vikings success with women was attributed to them taking a bath every saturday (or was it sunday), so they weren't the dirtiest by any means.

He finally understood what a martyr was.

He understood martyrdom, thus going to England with that purpose in mind.

Say what you will about the show, I doubt there's anyone more critic about its declining quality throughout the season than yours truly, but Ragnar and his story were fantastic, the writing was top notch and some of the best I've seen on television. Amazing job by Travis aswell, he carried this show from the first episode until now.

Curious to see if Ivar and Bjorn hold up.

Ubba looks so much like young Ragnar.

Because they're going to encounter the Muslims in Spain. They better fucking slaughter loads of them.

It would have be a much better show if they wrote the antagonists as competent and dangerous and had the Vikings outwit them appropriately, rather than have the Saxons and Franks as bumbling idiots. I just hope they don't ruin Alfred.

And vikings were called "effeminate" for showering once a week, combing their beards, their hair, filing their teeth. They were called that by other European cultures mind you. They weren't unhygienic.
What an idiot.
Another idiot.
>He finally understood what a martyr was.
Shit, the writing in this show surprises me sometimes. Every time I'm ready to call it mediocre they do something like this and redeem themselves.

>Ubba
UBBE
UBBE YOU CUNT, I LET IT SLIP THE FIRST TIME BUT FUCK YOU

Yep. Borgs son

are you spoiler the shit intentionally you bastard?

why is he so smug bros?

Saturday. The Swedish word for Saturday, Lördag, roughly means "washing day"

Is the first season any good?

That is total bullshit.

Muslim washing before prayers is a purely symbolic act and has nothing to do with hygiene.

Also, wudu is not washing the whole body. They just rinse hands, feet, face, ears and mouth.

The rest, not so much.

>idiot for citing history

Lol

>Curious to see if Ivar and Bjorn hold up.
Too fucking bad they went with the cripple route for Ivar, he wasn't a cripple. That basically shut down a lot of his potential and Bjorn is so bland as an actor I'm genuinely afraid they'll cancel the show. Ivar has a lot of charisma, it's edgy done right but being a dickless cripple won't service him much in popularity.

Idiot for lying out of your ass about history. Fuck outta here, scum. I bet you're probably English, you cuck.

Fuck yeah, Thorfinn Karlsefni!

I think Bjorn and Rollo are good enough to carry their story line for a bit. We'll se about Ivar.