What's the greatest Western of all time and why is it Tombstone?

What's the greatest Western of all time and why is it Tombstone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DP4WjtsssYY
youtube.com/watch?v=bQVsyvuij20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tombstone is the greatest but it damn sure is the most impressive to have been made in recent memory. By all accounts it was supposed to be a failure but Kurt Russell saved it.

That's a strange way of spelling True Grit, or The Magnificent Seven, or Fistful of Dollars. You weren't even close to any good choices

It's Once Upon A Time In The West.
Any other answer is objectivelly wrong.
Any opinion dismissing this is plebeian.

>meme westerns

Really, reddit?

tombstone is the best modern western sure, but there are at least 3 clint eastwood westerns that are a tier better

*isn't the greatest

True Grit the original wasn't that good to begin with (Glenn Campbell ruins it), The Magnificent Seven is a remake of a superior film, and For a Few Dollars More is superior to A Fistful of Dollars.

For the record, pic related is my favorite western. Might be cliche but it is a powerful work of destroying and glorifying the western.

The Magnificent Seven isn't that great... Sure it's got an amazing cast but that's about it. Go watch it and come back and tell me it's one of the best Western movies... You won't because it's not that good.

Once Upon A Time is probably the best.

>Leaving out Val Kilmer
youtube.com/watch?v=DP4WjtsssYY

>all these wrong opinions

Eh, it was good but Stewart and Wayne's styles weren't exactly complimentary. I guess that's the point but they didn't have the best chemistry.

youtube.com/watch?v=bQVsyvuij20

Little Big Man

all else is shit

It must be the greatest because I don't want to watch any of the other westerns mentioned ITT so far, but would rewatch Tombstone in an instant.

>not For a Few Dollars More
>not Unforgiven
>not Django (1966)
>not The Mercenary
>not Theassassinationofjessejamesbythecowardrobertford

nah but I love Tombstone OP
Solid ensemble western

Just not my favorite western

Mostly just the ones I watched with my dad growing up.

>Bone Tomahawk last year
>Slow West last year

do you think we'll get more great westerns soon, bros?

also, is the new Magnificent 7 shit?

The Wild Bunch, I give up this place fucking sucks, at least someone liked The Mercenary, one m favorite Spags is A Pistol For Ringo as it is essentially Die Hard 20 something years beforehand

1. Good, Bad, Ugly
2. Once Upon a Time in the West
3. Django
4. A Few Dollars More
5. Unforgiven
6. Tombstone
7. Fistful of Dollars
Debate me

It's got the tone right and doesn't take itself too seriously. Only downside is that Peter Sarsgaard isn't a very convincing villain. He's too clean-cut and doesn't have enough grit.

Overall Western kino.

I'm just going to mention High Noon and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid so whoever reads this decides to watch them if they haven't.

El Topo

OUATITW is objectivelly better than TGTBATU

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid is probably my favorite. Comfy as fuck movie. I figured the spergs on here would scream reddit till their faces turned blue though.

If we're talking about influence, it's Stagecoach which basically invented the action movie

I don't do reddit. Do they have a big western fan population? Are they just super into Robert Redford? Paul Newman? Explain.

read the box

The outlaw Josey Wales is better.

People on here just tend to say anything at all with a popular following or any levity at all is reddit. Butch and Sundance fits that category. It's a damn good movie though

I liked it. My dad gave me a VHS copy of it about 20 years ago. Tombstone was our favorite movie to watch together. it was one we both liked, so he thought I'd like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid too. He wasn't wrong.

>Buddy cop comedy disguised as a Western
>Kline in multiple roles
>Giant spider (they're the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom) in the third act
>Doesn't make the mistake of taking itself seriously

What more could you reasonably ask for?

And Val Kilmer.

The greatest Western of all time is set in 1984 Los Angeles. Prove me wrong.

Unforgiven is probably my favorite

It's certainly among the most underrated

Nice double dubs, but the only thing Once Upon a Time in the West has over The Good the Bad and the Ugly is the mise an sence.

>Kurt Russell saved it.
No that would be Val Kilmer who saved it.

>Kurt Russell saved it

That's a really weird way to spell Val Kilmer, user.

But...I'm in my prime.

The only problem I had with the new Magnificent Seven was the way they handled the Maxim gun like some kind of boss-fight in a bad game. Shit made no actual sense.

My favorite is Buster Keaton's Go West. He pulls apart some of the western clichés.
>It's popular so it sucks.
>:^)

I think Unforgiven was the first Clint Eastwood western I saw from start to finish, rather than catching parts on tv. Watching the others afterwards just didn't feel right. It's the perfect ending.

It is damn good

Lonesome dove is pretty based.

>is the mise an sence.
The superior Morricone soundtrack is one upon a time as well.