>Witness the plans escape on a ship
>track down the ship that has them
>Escape pod launches from the ship
>Decide not to destroy escape pod just in case

Can't explain this one can you?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BondVillainStupidity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah this always bugs me. They're on red alert looking for fucking plans and don't consider the possibility that they loaded the plans onto the life pod as a last resort.

They honestly didn't even need to include the fact that the Empire noticed them escaping. The cracks of George's autism begin to show very quickly under closer inspection.

It was the will of the Force!

>no life forms were aboard

Next time you watch a movie, maybe try to listen

isn't there an old theory that r2d2 was force sensitive that explains this? has been floating around since the late 90s I think.

I've been saying that R2 was the real chosen one for years. No one will listen...

The Death Star plans are not a life form.

>implying that "hold your fire" guy wasn't a rebel sympathizer

you don't make the budget terry, I do!

They obviously wanted the plans in tact to ensure that they were properly disposed instead of just saying "well we popped that pod and it probably had the plans on it let's call it a day" after all one of their immediate actions was to send patrols to Tatooine to search for the droids in case they had the plans

Star destroyers can't hit a thing.

The guys were probably just making excuses to save the embarrassment of missing an inanimate ship.

The bad guy makes a stupid mistake to give the good guy a chance to win.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BondVillainStupidity

Too costly. Lasers are expensive

It would've been so much easier to just not have the clip of the officers talking about whether to shoot it or not.

Or just shoot it, and have it crash lands off course which is why the droids are so far out in bumfuck no where and need to hitch a ride with jawas to get to civilization.

What about the droid attack on the wookies?

Why would a fucking robot steal death star plans?

kek

To deliver them to an an ally down on the planet, like exactly what happened. Use your brain.

Why does there need to be a robot involved at all? The plans could have just been tossed in there and jettisoned in a HOLY SHIT COPS, STASH THE WEED panic

>Star Wars making sense

you're an idiot

The thing is that it answers two questions, why weren't there any other survivors and why didn't the empire notice them escaping. Unfortunately it then raises a third, 'why the fuck did they hold fire?' It's not like they're expending ammunition when they fire a turbolaser.

>robot racism defeats the empire
really makes your gears turn

>robots with sentience exist
>scanning for exclusively organic material as a means of detecting "life forms"

>a Star Wars movie with no lightsaber duels
fuck off

Dafuq Trolltard?

I meant to post it in the other thread about Rogue One

After R1 there might be an explanation for this, although it's not laid out in IV. They send Krennic to examine the death star plans on Scarif, but end up blowing up the entire joint meaning that the only copy of the Scarif version of the plans are with the Rebels. They might want to recover the plans themselves to continue examining them for flaws in the death star's designs, which would also explain why they didn't blow up Leia's ship straight away either.

>a dozen or so stormtroopers run from han
>like a thousand of them chase him and they all miss
>"these blast hits are too precise for sandpeople, they must have been done by stormtroopers"

>"this battlestation is insignificant in comparison with the force"
>one of the strongest jedi can barely lift a small fighter
>"more powerful than you can ever imagine" ghost obi wan can't do anything besides talk
>darth vader in OT can't handle anything besides blasters
>emperor would have died anyway, died from a fall

These always bothered me.

So it's actually on fucktard Tarkin for blowing up Scarif for the lulz. The empire is worse than the Assad regime in calculating collateral damage.

It's even dumber now, with Vader having personally witnessed a man he just cut in half passing a data disc to somebody that sprinted aboard the blockade runner.

This is honestly the easiest
>Explain this one!
To explain ever

This is literally the reason

>They're on red alert looking for fucking plans and don't consider the possibility that they loaded the plans onto the life pod as a last resort.
They literally not consider this but straight up assume
>"She must have hidden the plans in the escape pod!" and give an order of
>"Send a detachment down to retrieve them, and see to it personally, commander."
Literally because of the possibility of this having happened
The only thing they don't immediately consider until they find the escape pod is that there were droids with the plans in it, which they immediately cotton on to and start looking exclusively for droids

If they just went *BOOM* "Well we blew up the escape pod that probably had the plans hidden in it, the rebels probably don't have the plans and the death star is probably safe, mission complete lets go home :^)" Darth Vader would probably choke them out because retrieving the plans is the only way to make absolutely certain that the rebels don't have them, even though we, the audience, know he'd have saved the life of every brave man and woman on the Death Star

But how do the imperials then figure out the death star's flaw themselves? They had to send Krennic to Scarif just to look at them, so it seems safe to assume that there aren't copies of the plans elsewhere.

Star Wars' digital technology is fucking retarded

I haven't seen R1, I don't know what they do to fuck up canon in this one

If I had to guess I'd have assumed that either the Death Star main computer had a copy of the plans or that they were heavily encrypted or protected or it's magical Star Wars science which meant that the Empire could copy it freely but the Rebels could only access it at their main base and couldn't make copies at all

>pay your employees like shit
>they do a shitty job
not that surprising.

I always like to think those Empire officers weren't complete retards, but rather working under cover for the rebellion and making those "mistakes" on purpose.

Yeah, but in the end the Empire puts the Death Star into action knowing there may be a flaw, but not where it is as the Rebels can exploit it.

They want Han and Leia to make it off the death star alive to lead them to the rebel base. They just have to make it look realistic

>Vader suggests not to execute Leia, hinting that "she may be of some use" to them
>Notoriously precise Stormtroopers miss the main characters of the film and don't kill them, and they escape from the Death Star to take the plans to the hidden Rebel Base, which Vader has been looking for since before the film begins
>Princess Leia literally says the escape was too "easy", they "let them go", and deduces that the Empire is tracking them, saying she only hopes that the technical readouts being carried by R2D2 can find a weakness in the Death Star
>Tarkin and Vader discuss in the immediate next scene that the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship, and that letting them get away with the plans to discover the location of the base to blow it up with the Death Star is a risky gamble

>Forty years later, people still post the same stupid shit asking why the Stormtroopers were so bad at shooting the main characters

>people moving objects using only their mind
explain THAT plot hole plebs! impossible! ha ha ha

Stupid explanation. They've already built it, they should just make new blueprints based on that. Architects do that all the time.

So why do they send Krennic to Scaraf to study the plans rather than look over the Death Star that he literally just left? And why would Vader board the Rebel capital ship and attempt to seize the plans instead of just blowing it up?

Because he was looking for a flaw in the design, the actual Death Star is moon-sized, it would take months like that.

Yep, I was responding to

new theory,

R2 is deadpool, he is audience aware a breaks the 4th wall with quips, but he has no mouth only his little beeps, rewatch it with this though in mind

Darth Vader's got fat booty game

And in a universe with robots, that is relevant how?

yeah they wanted the plans so the empire could say "see these fucking nigger rebels steal shit AND theyre planning terrorist attacks" and make them look bad

But why go to thw rebel base when you know youre being tracked? Why not stop switch ships or scan for homing beacons and be safe?

>>implying we paid Disney like kuks

go fuck yourself shill

Why didn't they use the eagles to smuggle the plans?

they were to busy taking the hobbits to isenguard

>Hey fellow Imperial officer, they launched an escape pod
>Really? Did you detect any life aboard?
>Nope.
>It must be a decoy. They wouldn't just launch the plans off by itself because we would just find it.
Wew OP.

damn escape pod is too comfy

>ywn be in a wifi connected escape pod as you stare at the stars and shitpost on Sup Forums

Come home for new year's eve if you want, user.
We'll have stuffed Stormtroopers for dinner.

Everyone says that.

They know what the flaw is after they analyzed their attack in ANH. Evendors then it was probably, "Maybe detonating explos8ves in the fusion reactor is bad." They probably didn't realize the entire station would be vaporized.

God damn posting on a phone is shit.

robots can't be force sensitive ya idiot

no midichlorians

fuck the canon
i like to believe that Kyle Katarn the eternal ass kicking dudebro stole them

>tfw no Kyle Katarn SW Anthology Movie ever
>tfw you're upset but deep down you know it's a good thing because Player Characters while sometimes well written are never engaging because they're just supposed to be "whoever is playing them" and video game movies are always shit, no exceptions

I'm with you!

Fuck the cannon!

In all fairness the new story for it is pretty fucking metal. Plus there used to be five or six different characters that 'stole the death star plans'.