Do you think wizards find it hard having only learned maths, science and english at a primary school level?

Do you think wizards find it hard having only learned maths, science and english at a primary school level?

I always imagined the other wizarding schools in the world teach all that stuff and it's just the UK wizards that don't teach anything new or use technology

It's not like high school taught anything besides how to type.

Who cares, adult child?

In the first movie they celebrate christmas.

Was jesus a wizard?

No, seriously. What's with all the harry potter threads? The reason behind them can't seriously be pasta addiction, right?

Shills

Do you think they knew that they were in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

They get magic-related jobs, goblins to do the banking, what else do they need to know?

>Was jesus a wizard?
Died a virgin in his thirties, dinnee?

if it doesnt get solved with magic it doesnt get solved.

>implying you need math and science when you can just magic everything into existence

maybe the only thing they have to learn is to read but that's easy as long as you're not some kind of fucking retard

is somewhat correct.
There is(or at least was) a group of plebs from /r/books that spammed threads everyday on /lit/ until the mods started cracking down on them and now they've come here. You can spot them easily as their posting is almost always the same and defensiveness for this series is outmatched by even capeshitters.

>implying arithmancy doesn't solve all your maths needs with magic
>implying science isn't covered in potion-making and whatever the gardening class was called
>implying english is a needed class for anyone except english majors

If magic spells are all Latin, what did the Romans use?

You ever read a national statistic or CNN article?
Of course it doesn't fucking matter. Remember to study for your tests, kids. The future is relying on you.

Abra kadabara, aloe veratas veritisum zip zop zoopity bop

Only the kids born to non-magic parents even go to primary school. The natural-born wizards don't venture into the non-magic world. That's why they're all so stupid about regular shit like Ron Weasely's dad.

They're not latin.

the fact that the muggle world exists alongside wizards is one of the many huge flaws in Harry Potter

the Ministry of Magic is an official arm of the UK government for fuck's sake. One call to the SAS would have ended either of Voldemort's killing sprees in hours

It explains practically everything about why they're all utterly retarded.

Are you saying you believe the SAS could've taken on Voldemort

probably, and if not them then someone else. They had a pretty decent idea of who he was out to get. I imagine they could have set up some sort of ambush

THE SAS COULD KILL GOD ALMIGHTY AND DON'T LET ME HEAR YOU SAY OTHERWISE

>the Ministry of Magic is an official arm of the UK government for fuck's sake.

No it's not. It's a parallel ministry who doesn't even deign to keep the other government up to speed on things unless they've got an evil wizard killing muggles en masse, preferring to just mindrape muggles into forgetting things instead.

It really is fucking daft that the minister for magic is colleagues with the prime minister, never mind muggles solving wizarding problems, why wouldn't the PM get the wizards to solve every muggle problem?

Guys why didn't jk rowling write something logical for my adult brain that also follows rules of real life?

because she was writing a very dull franchise

possibly one of the dullest franchises ever but I cannot confirm at this time

>Lord Voldemort, there were two of them!

Harry Potter is even more inconsistent than Naruto

But I'm too low IQ to read or watch anything else
I need this to be 100% in my mindset and I don't care if its for kids

Ayn Rand's oeuvre is way duller. The amount of times "s/he lighted a cigarette" appears in Atlas Shrugged is staggering.

I'd advise the Sword of Truth.

He makes slaughtering pacifists, rape pits and satanic chickens seem dull.

Ayn Rand's work is at least superior at depicting trains. The Hogwarts Express has nothing on Taggart Transcontinental

Ayn Rand's train was probably powered by magic, the dumb bitch.
>the only thing wrong with the world is people aren't exactly like me! i'm a lord of industry! i can do anything because i'm a capitalist! so gib money pls! i'm poor and need the government's assistance to live!

>not having read the book to know that the material powering the train is literally a plot point at the end of the novel
W E W
E
W

>by god! those moochers got where they are by bribing and threatening people with guns! No transaction can be done at the point of a gun!
>brb, just gonna bribe and threaten people to make sure they let my train run through their town at dangerous speeds!

>what? my RL addiction to smoking shows me as a weak mortal because my willpower isn't enough to break it? Why no! Just listen to what this random tobacco-salesman has to say on the subject and how it's actually the perfect representation of man's will and conquering fire like prometheus blah blah blah

Such a hypocritical bitch.

You know, I actually rather liked the start of Atlas Shrugged. I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, either from the haters or the lovers of the book. It was a decent story about a woman relegated to second place in her family's company simply because she's a woman going out on her own and building a railroad. But then it became a fucking trainwreck and went on for a thousand more pages.

You're dull!

It takes a lot to make something that's worse than Ayn Rand's work, but that crazy bastard managed it.

>les misérables unabridged this high
god, no