>The OA

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
youtube.com/watch?v=CK4TUP0VKLY
youtu.be/G2_KZRAYSTQ?t=220
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone post the webm

everything changes when the fire nation attacked

MY SECOND FAVOURITE TELEVISION PROGRAM OF THIS YEAR.

THIS IS HOW SENTAI DRAMA IS MADE WELL.

THE COSTUME DESIGN WAS GREAT ALSO; EVERYTHING WITH WHICH BRIT MARLING IS INVOLVED IS EXCELLENT.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

What webm?

when does this get good? im 20 minutes in and about to abort.

It actually takes an interesting turn later in that episode, then it's six episodes of building up to something big. Then at the end they decide to throw it all out with the most retarded twist ever.

Anyone have the webm? I like her ass. It's nice and cute

Just finished this utter absolute fucking drek, I don't even feel bad about not using spoilers because fuck this show. Humanity is better off for every single human being not watching this shit.

It starts off well enough, A weird girl knows all the right things to say and do that somehow lead people to be at the right places in the right moments. That's kinda amazing, that's kinda great. But then it just gets worse and worse every episode. First it starts out as supernatural and supernatural is fine. but then it dives into science fiction, which is also fine but combining those make them shit. If you say "this interpretive dance from people who died can heal" then I'm saying "alright fine, I can deal" but if you then go and say "Because science and NDE, and it is actually because interdimensional science reasons..." then I'm starting to think "go fuck yourself" but then the TWEEEEEST the incredible TWEEEEEEEST she thought them the movements so that they can do them when a school shooter turns up to distract him via interpretative dance and he gets tackled by someone else. Oh and btw, if you drop a gun the gun fucking doesn't go off.

This would have been very cool as a short film. you can tell that story in like 20 minutes. make it 30 if you want to floof it a bit. Like bus 44: youtube.com/watch?v=CK4TUP0VKLY
goes 10 minutes instead of 8 hours and the story isn't offensively ARSE. I'd rather watch more sense 8 and listen how hard trans people have it. fucking hell fucking fucking fuck. I wasted so much time on this that I COULD have spend masturbating. (EP1 had a nice titty scene though)

>Cheese>Pasta>Bread>Water>Milk>Rice

YOU ARE OVERLY CYNICAL TO APPRECIATE THE EARNEST AND SINCERE MESSAGE OF THIS STORY —"THE OA" IS NOT FOR PERSONS LIKE YOURSELVES.

With her vegan diet, I want to watch her piss and shit. It would be like the Crimean war in a bowl.

Is she back?

I agree, complete waste of time, it starts of very interesting, full of mystery and promise
and ends in the most cringe worthy television i've seen in a long time, utter fucking tripe.

For all the hate this show gets, there are still regular threads about it on here. Is it market, or are there other brit marling fans on here.

And what pray tell, was the fucking message, because as far as i could tell, she made the whole fucking thing up!
there was no doctor, no homer, no russian father, no afterlife, she was abducted brutally raped, sodomised, beaten, starved
and made he whole thing up as an escape, and then subjected 5 random people to her delusional fantasy interpretive dance lesson to fuck with them,
which could of got them all fucking killed, stupid mental bitch.

Yeah and fuck spoilers, show was shit, made me feel good than took a dump in my mouth.

After the whole twist what was even the point of the story? I get Elements like Homer bashing his head, That was her Keyser Sözeing them a bit right? But what was the rest of it? Did the "Angel Hunter" represent her adoptive father trying to keep her surpressed? Was the gas supposed to be the drugs that kept her down? Were the other prisoners supposed to represent the other members of the group and why wasn't the bully homer? Why as Angel Hunter allergic to Tomato stuff? (and if he was, why did he even order it after she listed what she needs which never happened because she made it up?)
Why was she blind and now isn't? This is fucking lost all over again. Setting up a great suspensfull show with lots of questions and then going "LOL FUCK YOU" at the end

explain it then, or get filtered tripfag.

The waste of time is honestly the biggest offense. If it was like mentioned before, a little short film (anything under an hour for example) I would probably have loved it. Fuck this would be great as a twilight zone / Black mirror episode, but guess what? If you waste 7 hours in kinda cool / kinda meh supernatural sci-fi mystery only to turn around in the 8th hour to say "LOL NOT REALLY DO" you can seriously go fuck yourself. Imagine a good friend you trust, suddenly sits you down and over the next 2 days tells you a long tragic story that has haunted him for years and at the end he goes "Just kidding lol". video kinda related: youtu.be/G2_KZRAYSTQ?t=220 (at least at the 3:40 mark if the time stamp link isn't working)

To be fair I JUST finished it so that's why I looked for a thread/would have made one now. Lots of people don't binge on the first day it comes out. I wasn't that interested in it, but I got finished with "The Expanse" so I thought I try this one next. Boy, to think I would like a Sifi show over a Netflix show.. god damn.

Apparently the makers of the show are really offended by calling it "interpretive dance" but since they really offended me by making me watch this shit, I say fuck em.

I mean seriously.. how great would the OA be as a 40minute or less short film? You would not not NEARLY be as offended by the thing if it didn't waste 8 hours of your fucking time for that stupid fucking twist.

>which never happened because she made it up?)

And there's your first mistake.

Waddaya mean? it was all real in the end? Or was it like the girl in the restaurant said: She was raped so hard, the cum formed functional eyeballs?

If she was blind how can she read? When did she learn to read?

If you are already into esoteric stuff you will love it, if not, it's not the best first introduction to the subject.

She didn't and they made sure to point out that she didn't. The FBI agent set it up so that her group would discover the books so they would think that she was making the whole thing up for tinfoil reasons.

The FBI guy planted it

No, it was all real.
The guy from the FBI planted the books.

Oh fucking fantastical guru, please explain, because as far as i could tell the only, only, bit of evidence they could find, was here playing the violin in the subway,
everything else was conicidentel, they found nothing to back up her story, so the only thing i can presume was that it was all in her fucking twisted head, you do realise that makes her a complete fucking bitch yeah
, teacher lost her job and $50k, the kid will most probably lose his scholarship,
jock goes to military school, dyke grows tits and lives with body loathing, fat kid hits the drugs hard and dies of an overdose at 19
, there is no moral, no enlightenment, it was all a crock of shit. horrible, horrible, fucking story.

Brit is writing the show. of course it was all real all along.

where the fuck did it make it clear the fbi planted the fucking books!

>they found nothing to back up her story
AND YET THEY DANCED

What a bunch of reddit losers.

And why the fuck would they, they had no idea he was going to break in.
This is just you angel believing fucks can make sense of the fucking show, twist the fucking plot so it "makes it real", bullshit!

WHAT!!
That proves nothing, if its not made clear in the story then its not part of the fucking story!

It's meta.

But why the fuck would the FBI guy plant it? I mean, with that ending I'm willing to believe anything, And with the shit that girl has been tweting I'm certainly am willing to believe a "TEH GOVERNMENT IS TEH EWUL" narrative that Mr. Robot managed to do excellently... but why? For what reason? Yeah he was in the house, sure thing.. but does he work with angel hunter? Does he believe in angel hunter? Does the government have secret NDE experiments and really wants to discredit that one girl so that started telling others about NDEs? And if so why didn't she just "die in a tragic accident" I see why people are saying FBI planeted it but.. it makes even less fucking sense if he did.

You can see her father saying "she's speaking Russian in her dream again" in the first episode

Fuck you, fuck your meta, and fuck this show.

She's a madwoman thats why I like her desu.

Why was the fbi building always empty?
Did he really work for the fbi?
probably an angel hunter

It's a brit-Zal show what di dyou expact

Well if we believe the first half, then she was born with sight and only lost it later. And I'm inclined to believe the childhood shit because of the adoptive parents in the end talking about the adoption and how it went down.

It seemed pretty clear to me.

>why
It was meant to remain vague for the time being. There can be tons of reasons as there should be to keep things interesting for now.

> they had no idea he was going to break in

Well the FBI agent seemed like a pretty smart guy who could read people so he could have guessed that her friends will snoop around.

>Well if we believe the first half, then she was born with sight and only lost it later

If you are implying that is when she learned to read don't forget that she was russian so she didn't know how to read english at a time, at least not at a sophisticated enough level to read Homer.

>only, bit of evidence they could find, was here playing the violin in the subway,
We literally see Homer in the YouTube video

I still don't get why a mature woman and a bully believed what a shocked young woman told them about death, angels in an attic and started dancing. She didn't have wings or can make fireballs!

she so crazy

I swear to god this is lost all over again. only less time wasting.

That's a good point actually. Bully boy showed her the video when he got her the router and showed her the video, she then told the story about the football kid later. That's not actually bad, it just becomes bad by taking 8 episodes to reveal that shit. It's not like Madoka where we learned by Episode 3 that being meguka isn't just magic powers and eating cake.

But I swear to god, if season 2 starts and this bitch isn't dead like in some real life re-enactment of code fucking geass Imma throw a shitfit.

Why was her therapist in her house in the middle of the night

Do you have a webm of episode 1 the "I'm just practising sex girl" having sex with the bully? Because I remember those tits as the best thing in the show

If I was caged like that it would take me maybe a week before I knocked on the window of the girl next to me and ask: "wanna masturbate together?"

If this shit gets a second season, i'm cancelling netflix thats for fucking sure, i'll probably gouge my own eye's out as well for good measure.

THINGS THAT ARE BLAND!

She was probably being monitered as a abductee that had given no information on here abducter, yet had expressed the need to go back to him, ie, she was a lead.

Isn't the second season already in the making?
To be fair, stranger things more than made up for this shit.
"Netflix Originals" I watched that were better than this hot Garbage:
>Sense8
was the worst before this shit came out, bit heavy on the "it's hard to be trans" themes
>Narcos
Good fun
>some stand up comedy specials
>Better call sone
>Master of None
>House of Cards
Probably the best fucking thing on Netflix
>Daredevil
best capshit
>Orange is the new Black
Was alright at first when it had it's own story, went downhill a bit when it felt the need to remind us of current events like chelsea manning and "black lives matter"
>Jessica Jones
Alright capeshit, best female capeshit.
>Seven Deadly Sins
alright animu
>The Get Down
Pretty entertaining, even learned some stuff.
>Knights of Sidonia
breddy gud animu
>Black mirror
alright, british run was better
>The Expanse
Isn't this sifi? Why is it listed as Netflix original? Is alright, books are better
>Bojack Horseman
Didn't watch at first. then did. Right in the feels. show is too fucking real at places and it's about a god damn horse.. man.
>Orphan black
terrible accents: the show. got bored after a while. might finish.
>Luke Cage
alright capeshit. has it's moments.
>Spectral
meh movie. Inconsistant.
>ARQ
not as entertaining version of "Edge of Tommorrow"

meh. I'd say the good outweight the bad here. there are clearly some misses and the OA was the worst offender so far.

Sense8 is pretty good yo. not as good as say daredevil or house of cards or whatever the very solid shows are, but good in its own right. its got the obligatory wachowski orgy/rave, they obviously wanted to fill out the LGBTQ quota, but beyond that p. good.

Spectral and ARQ were movies high production values, but syfy original tier writing. That said i enjoyed them because they had higher production values.

>Aids
>The OA

Oh I liked almost all of Sense8. But like I said. Too much crying about how hard trans people have it. And I get it, one of the brothers is a sister now, yeah yeah.. and I'm not even anti trans, I would have loved if they went trough with switch in the matrix (since the matrix projects who you are instead of your physical body switch was supposed to be a Man on the ship, and then the female version in the matrix. that would have been pretty damn cool) but.. here's the thing.
The BEST "being trans is hard" backstory bit is trannys mom visiting her in the hospital. Her mom ignores her wishes, calls her by her male name and generally acts like it's all a phase. This is amazing because we see that she loves her mom but how hurt and betrayed she feels because the ONE person that is supposed to love her unconditionally can't accept her for who she is. This is something that 100% happens to People in real life and it is powerful and is beautiful to show how this is getting to her.
But then there is ALSO a scene where her lesbian lover introduces her to her exclusively lesbian friends and they're all like "Uhhgg.. Piss off you're just another MAN trying to get into WOMANS territory" and we have a whole bit about that and her fighting for their fucking acceptance instead of her girlfriend going "Oh wow, alright, I didn't know my frie.. EX Friends are fucking monsters, cya bitches"
AND we have a scene of little tranny feeling insecure as a kid and going late to the showers in a shirt because she doesn't feel right in her body and the other kids t̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ TRYING TO FUCKING KILL HER WITH GOD DAMN BOILING WATER FROM A SHOWER and I'm just completely 100% out of it. At this point I no longer feel like I'm watching an entertaining show, I feel like my entertaining show took a quick break to play a PSA on all the ways you shouldn't bully trans people. It would have been perfect with just the mom scene.

How dumb do you have to be to believe her story was made up? She searches fo the name 'Homer Roberts' and talks how they all died so many times right when she gets to the house, before she could possibly get any book, the books were a plant. Also Khatun says the 5 of them will fight a great evil, which has nothing to do with Hap. How the FBI agent is connected to that should be explored in season 2.

But they had. to. hammer. it. home. I got so fucking annoyed with it and because I got annoyed by it, I started disliking the trans character.

ARQ was alright, but I feel like it was a bit ruined by the girl waking up in the end. That ruined the whole concept of the loop and made it "open ended" when it should have just ended on "shit they're stuck in that time loop for all fucking eternity. god damn"

What disliked about Spectral: They can't walk over the iron, because it's like super glue for them... but a bit later they run over power lines and pull amazing stunts chasing them... meaning they could have just taken a running start and jump over that what.. 2 foot of iron? Also, they're completely incapable of interacting with their environment and thus can only kill by moving parts of their body trough a human body.. yet how do they not just fall trough the fucking floor? They can't fly, they don't seem to mind falling so much but they can't fucking fly, so why are they not just falling to the center of the earth? Or the nearest iron deposit?

A few people recommended Sense8 to me, but the first episode was so atrocious I simply couldn't continue.

nice dubs again
I would probably have to rewatch the series to catch those bits you mentioned about the bullying and the shitty friends. but i get where you're coming from about the so hard to be trans thing.
I also forget how long it took before will and riley became a thing 'officially'

like i said, arq and spectral are syfy originals tier writing kek. i enjoyed them for how well made they are and cheap thrills and action with decent casting, but beyond that didn't reallye njoy story. for me it was that whole bose einstein condensate thing and at that point iw as just like yep time to turn off my brain because they definitely have no clue how that shit works anyway it just sounds cool. haha

Okay.jpg

I tend to catch a lot of little details even in my first watching, I also tend to remember these little fucking details even ten years later. (I have been called autistic for that by a non-4channer actually)
So yeah, I don't mind trans people, I don't even mind a "trans people have it rough" backstory, It's the repetition of the same point from different situations.
The black guy only gets "my mom has aids so I gotta do shit to make it work" as 100% of his character motivation/development.