Well this ever be widely accepted as their best album?

Well this ever be widely accepted as their best album?

no

ahm best

No

lol no, it has no hits

normies need hits

>Arnold Layne
>See Emily Play

No hits?

It's a weird and inconsistent album from an early Syd Barrett era. It's not bad, but not as memorable as their older stuff.

>not as memorable as their older stuff.

Look, I love Syd Barrett but this isn't their best.

Probably not. But we know. We know.

It was their most consistent before he fucked his head up

When Meddle stops being their actual best, which it never will.

yeah I hear those on classic rock stations all day erry day

neither on the original patgod
this

Babbys first contrarian album

this

not from this album

>Listen to bands popular/acclaimed material enough times that you dont enjoy it much anymore or at all
>Listen to the deeper cuts of a bands discography
>Stuff you haven't listen to as often sounds fresh and new compared to their popular albums, so your enjoyment is higher
>This is the real best album guys!

This is the case most of time why some ppl pick a bands 'obscure' as their 'true best'.

Piper is ok

Calling this their best is pointless as each album before the 80's could be argued as their best.

Each album has a different charm or something i truely enjoyed from it, that is different to the others.

Though personally I prefer a Saucerful of Secrets for Syds work. Much cleaner, better written songs, in my opinion anyway.

i agree with this post

I've heard Arnold Layne and See Emily Play on an oldies station before. They fit the oldies aesthetic much better.

Yeah i used to do this alot. You just have to remember the qualities of the other albums that you liked and fairly judge new albums against it.

Thats why Pipers isnt their best, and personally I think Saucefuls is better.

Depends on what you mean by "their." Pink Floyd from 1968 through 1979 was basically a different band from the one that made Piper. The only album that really sounds similar is Atom Heart Mother.

Those were on the bastardized American release you numbnut.

Got 'em.

>astronomy domine

fuck u mean

Meddle would be as forgotten as their soundtrack albums if it wasn't for Echoes desu

I'm sorry. I listened to the bastardized American version.