Great show or greatest show?

Great show or greatest show?

Yes.

Yes.

more like most wildly inconsistent show that could arguably be called great ever. even in the "golden age" seasons there's probably more misses than hits.

when i was a kid i hated the goofy episodes. at 29 i see the serious episodes as being so fucking bad i pretty much only enjpy the goofy stuff. i like a self-aware x-files.

>mfw I enjoyed literally every single episode

same (8 and 9 dont exist though)

Even those ones lads, even those ones.

>big reveal is a clip show of shit we literally already know because it's a fucking clipshow
Still mad. I will be sitting on my death bed and I guarantee at least for a fleeting moment I'll scoff at how bad X Files got during the back half of its run.

what ep was this?

The Finale.

ah,yeah it was shit.New cliffhanger was even worse though.

i feel like the 2008 movie should've been a mini series that wrapped everything up.

Was the Fight the Future movie the pinnacle of X-Files?

Mulder is great.

yes.

I've been binging on this lately, almost done with season 3. At what point does it become irredeemable?

After season 5 it begins to drop in quallity, though seasons 8 and 9 are total garbage.

continuity wise 4
quality wise 8

6 and 7 were better than 5 and 4,deal with it.

Reminder that Kritschgau was right about everything.

a deception show, it was good till the 5 season then it started to get worse and worse ; and the finale was such desapointment.

Sure, and season 10 was a return to form.

So what happened to Gibson Praise?

WRONG

6 and 7 had the best ratio of good to bad eps.

season 6 was meh and 7 was bad

Scully's cancer struggles was far more interesting than anything in both of those seasons.

i disagree.

even the few mytharc eps we had in 6-7 were less convoluted and dull compared to the entirety of 4-5s

season 6 focused more on the personal relation between mulder and scully than the actual myth, season 7 was nothing less than an excuse to write mulder character off the show

if they tied in en amis plot line with her cure later on and explored CSMs offer for mulder to work with him i would agree but to me it felt like a season of melodrama and missed opportunities.

The MOTOW eps were still top notch though.

in fairness they had no where else to go with the mytharc,how much longer could the writers have mulder have absolute proof only to get fucked out of it?
it becomming almost exclusively MOTW was a blessing.

motw*

exactly, but i was following the show more for the myth than the motw episodes. too bad

it was doomed since 3 honestly but it was a fun ride and the character banter kept me invested.

>even in the "golden age" seasons there's probably more misses than hits

this ain't TNG we're talkin about here, user.

yes i kept interrested too, and followed the show till the aweful show finale. seasons 6 7 8 9 were an absolute joke.

>it's a "scully questions the supernatural" episode

will have to agree to disagree then.
honestly i'd rather watch S8 then the emily/cancer arc in S5 again.

god dont remind me of that shitty cancer episodes,
when i watch episodes like that is when i know writers are off ideas

>mfw my dad loves the show
>when I go and visit we watch an episode every night
>he's old so if you put an episode on again after about 6 months he no longer remembers it.
>We've watched the whole show 5 times in the last 10 years
>every new showing is like the first for him

The Anasazi arc was my favourite thing, they never should have killed off the syndicate.

My dad has been like this for 20 years.

>tfw scully will never tongue your anus