Hey Sup Forums. I'm really into the concept of country...

hey Sup Forums. I'm really into the concept of country, but I'm very turned off by a lot of the themes present in the music, because a lot of it seems to lack creativity. any good recommendations for cowpunk, alt country and outlaw country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=86Qe5wo_x4E
youtube.com/watch?v=bqYHwZzE33U
youtube.com/watch?v=_Z9DleiIa9Y
youtu.be/lpWS1dlm5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=5VAf0zO6ivc
youtu.be/wFg1c_L9XPY
youtu.be/_gFFluvlMrM
youtu.be/HG86XKaNj0Y
youtu.be/1U0ku1VDxGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you tried any artists yet?

Try this.

oh great another Yankee soyboy who wants to pretend to like country but doesnt want to like country

youtube.com/watch?v=86Qe5wo_x4E

I really like that Wheeler Walker Jr. album. Old 97s are sick. Grew up listening to the Austin Lounge Lizards

youtube.com/watch?v=bqYHwZzE33U

some people would argue that this is more folk or singer/songwriter than country but it's a great album regardless

Anybody know that country rock album that have a female on the cover.It's also has film grain on the cover

>No Steve Earle

disrespectful

aside from you being a dick, nice reccomendation

only the greatest love song ever wrote

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z9DleiIa9Y

what themes? you mad because people like to get drunk and thier dog died? all the women in country are proto feminist that think men are all cheating dogs?

you got to be more specific

I guess his voice sounds like beefheart and the female on the cover is like showing a finger sign or some shit

like a peace sign or middle finger or what?
what's the background look like?

Kinda like a three sign and the clothing of the female was like 60's-ish or something like that

Check out The Cowmen

youtu.be/lpWS1dlm5i8
Not sure if it's what you're looking for but the lyrics/themes are good.

this is great

Beachwood Sparks
youtube.com/watch?v=5VAf0zO6ivc

Sweet, in that case I'd check these out.
youtu.be/wFg1c_L9XPY
youtu.be/_gFFluvlMrM
youtu.be/HG86XKaNj0Y
youtu.be/1U0ku1VDxGc

Dire Straits aren't country, but this album is more modern take on the country/rockabilly kind of stuff that pre-dated rock and roll.

Oh yea they definitely aren't country although Knopfler got a lot of inspiration from country and leans a lot closer to it in his solo stuff.

Holy shit this is great.

Thanks for sharing user.

Yeah I don't think it's country either but Knopfler wore his influences on his sleeve. Dire Straits made some masterful music.

Listen to real country music, you sissy.

this thread is embarrassing

This. But don't feel like you can't listen to stuff beyond this or country fusion or influenced stuff.

It's the same sort of weird purist rockist mentality that the only "real jazz" is late 50s/early 60s modal/bop shit (and maybe begrudgingly the earlier swing/vocal stuff they'll namedrop, though they rarely listen to that as much) and that everything after is too avant-garde or just watered down fusion not worthy of merit.

start off with pic related OP.

this

Excellent taste

Lmao
2008:
>as a white intellectual hipster, i declare, trashy black people can make good music too!
2018:
>as a white intellectual hipster, i declare, trashy white people can make good music too!

Why do people say this is country?

Drive-By Truckers
Lambchop
16 Horsepower

Is Merle Travis good Country? Or even Country at all?