When did you realize addiction to social media is the only thing keeping you from being a musician?

when did you realize addiction to social media is the only thing keeping you from being a musician?

right before i learned that it was actually my lack of skill

video games are mine, fucking hell, I've been playing piano since I was 4 years old, play 13 instruments and have a massively widespread taste and knowledge of music. But I keep on playing fucking video games when I get home from work instead of just playing, fucking hate myself.

skill is something you cultivate, saying you don't have it is a pathetic excuse

it's not social media, or Sup Forums for that matter
it's that I just can't keep up with people and whatever the hell's happening today

and I very much want to get out there and explore, but I freeze up any chance I get
that's a problem I know I can solve. just gotta man up

Sup Forums is social media. I don't know what you are saying, what do you mean you just can't keep up with people and what does it have to do with you not working to become a musician?

When did you realiSe addiction to boots is the only thing keeping you from being happy? I don't want to be a musician, if i want to make noise i will, this shithouse of a world wont stop me.

what are you talking about 'boots'?

Why the fuck is everyone in this thread posting completely confusing nonsense?

I was always more of a writer.
I'm a listener, and I'm fine with that.

I don't have any talent.
I wouldn't be good even if I were to practice a day

but no one will ever give a fuck about what you write. You can't even enjoy it like music, what are you gonna do sit around and smoke weed and read shit you've read? Are you gonna put your writing on some blog that will never get looked at when you could have a bandcamp page? Seriously your priorities are fucked up. Are you a queer by any chance?

>implying someone would listen to his music

last year at some point. i've cut out everything except Sup Forums. its so hard to let go, but i waste so many HOURS on this site but this is where all my frens are :(. god kill me.

I want to write bigfoot erotica for amazon

Well, I've shared my writings and some people like it, specially the characters. I'm a lazy fucker nonetheless, but I'm 100% sure I'd have more chances in the world of literature than in the world of music and if I ever man up and do something, it'll be a book not an album.
Plus, it's not like I can't have two passions.
Also, this

go for it

Anyone here actually make a living from music?
I've had good conversations with professionals on Sup Forums in the past, but that kind of thing seems to get more and more rare...

yes, Sup Forums is social media, and I meant that's not what's holding me back.

part of cultivating a good habit towards music is actually using it to entertain others, i.e. performing. I haven't gigged since high school, and I find it hard to now with my increased social ineptitude + the current musical landscape i.e. hip-hop/rap/
EDM etc.

all of which I really don't mind, but really isn't my scene, y'know. I like more... how do you put it... "organic" music; melodies and rhythms you know came from someone's hands, something people don't really take too kindly to these days

yeah if it wasn't for the fact i'm broke, lazy, too busy and dumb i'd be a musician

>too dumb to be a musician
do you see the pop charts? they're all retards m8

>only thing keeping you from being a musician
Nice try.

even if I did record anything I don't have the personality to be popular or even noticable so why bother? I do dick around with fl studio in my spare time for kicks but it's nothing I'll release or anyone would really want to hear.

But I'm in 2 bands and don't use social media.

>he thinks he can become big WITHOUT social media
you literally need social media to expand your band's reach

but user you're using social media right now

>write multiple songs every day
>instantly label them all as trash and don’t follow up on any of them

How the hell do you get over this?

wait until other people tell you their good and then slowly build up confidence

how do you write songs?

Not that user but I learned guitar 5 years ago, and I still can't play anything more difficult than stand by me.

I can't even do the F chord because my fingers won't even bend properly.

Lyrics first, then music. But I just give up when it gets to recording them because everything I make just sounds stupid to me

I do music then lyrics, if any lyrics at all

is it ok if i touch my penis while I write or nah?

Thats because you're lazy and you probably don't practice. If you've been playing 5 years and cant even so a proper Barre chord you're doing something wrong

I try to practice around once a month, although I sporadically get inspired and play for about a month about once a day.

The first 6 months I was spending at least an hour a day on it, and I never progressed beyond where I'm at now. Which is why I quit practicing as often.

My fingers just aren't dexterous enough to play guitar man.

Also, you didn't "learn" guitar. Its not like knowing how to write or read its something you constantly have to work on and get better at. You're never done learning when it comes to music

my piddly widdly wrist tendons are what's keeping me from being a musician

>practice once a month

Lol

Did you read the whole post?

The first 6 months I practiced at least an hour a day.
I made progress for the first month, the next FIVE months I never got any better.

I do animation and art. The only "social media" I use is Sup Forums sparingly. I'd like to do music but work only allows me time for one creative output.

That's how it works when you start any instrument, you just have to keep practicing. There's always gonna be times where it feels like you don't progress then one day something suddenly clicks for you. There was a 4-5 month period where it felt like I was just doing the same shit everyday then one day I went back to a song that was hard for me and suddenly it made a bit more sense. The important thing is to play everyday.

But whatever it seems to me like you don't actually want to put in the work and you just want to make excuses for yourself.

>But whatever it seems to me like you don't actually want to put in the work and you just want to make excuses for yourself.
Story of my life t b h