Country for redditors

Country for redditors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto
youtube.com/watch?v=_rP2rofuqPE
youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reddit has good taste, then.

Best guy with a guitar of all time. Love Dylan, Cohen and Buckley (Tim) but this man...universal appeal.

Sup Forums's gone too far this time

youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto

Hey, OP, you're a faggot! Why don't you lightly suckle on your fathers limp cock. :)

And I'd like to add that Van Zandt does not seem to rely on any literary tradition. Simple; stands on his own.

It's ok, you forgot about Nick Drake and Elliot Smith, accidents happen

fuck you motherfucker, leave townes alone

Not redditors. Country for hipsters who have graduated beyond classic country rock like Dylan and Neil Young, depressive alt-country like Jason Molina and Will Oldham, and modern mass appeal "real" country like Sturgill Simpson and Chris Stapleton, but don't want to wade too deep into the classic country genre itself.

So, redditors.

Its entry level country for normalfags and hipsters before they decide whether they actually want to go all in with country or not.

Its deep enough that people who dont listen to country havent discovered him yet, but people who know country will be impressed you know who it is

this is your fate if you go full country

youtube.com/watch?v=_rP2rofuqPE

No, it's for hipsters, the more edgy soyboys (aka liberal arts college, west coast), and Sup Forumstants.

Redditors only like Johnny Cash covering late 80s/early 90s alt rock songs (ie. "Hurt" and "Personal Jesus") and probably some Stapleton and Simpson since they have a enough crossover appeal with both the suburban dadrock and radio buttrock crowd. Maybe some of Neil Young's hits, but they don't even realize that's country rock most likely. I doubt they've wandered into Dylan's catalog far enough to get to the country. And they sure as hell don't give a fuck about Songs Ohia or Bonnie Prince Billy.

>Its entry level country for normalfags and hipsters before they decide whether they actually want to go all in with country or not.

>Its deep enough that people who dont listen to country havent discovered him yet, but people who know country will be impressed you know who it is

Well said. Hell, he's more folk than country half of the time. TVZ is for people who want to say they listen to country without coming off as artless. Real country isn't afraid to be blunt, literal, simplistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI

>And they sure as hell don't give a fuck about Songs Ohia or Bonnie Prince Billy.
I guess that's why I See a Darkness is on the indieheads essentials chart. Right.

bump

Who?

>I guess that's why I See a Darkness is on the indieheads essentials chart. Right.
Reddit taste is /r/music
Indieheads is like half Sup Forumstants or former Sup Forumstants and half former /r/music kids.

If you're pedantic, "reddit" could theoretically be everything discussed on Sup Forums if you count all the niche subreddits and shit.

But I'm talking about the mass userbase that uses the site/the front page.

reddit hates country except for the certain pre-approved famous liberal ones

Both are very great, but too pathetic when compared to Van Zandt. It's not a question of putting guys with a guitar next to one and other, rather the difficulty lies in putting those who share in their intention/style similarities. Dylan really admired Van Zandt for reasons that seem obvious. Surely it seems that like minded artists find one another. If one wants to speak about a poetical tradition that revolves around (1) death (2) love (3) god in modern songwriting, one would probably not name Smith - for to me he's too lamentable - and Drake - I find him too self-indulgent and more of a mystic than a symbolist, like Dylan is and Cohen at times was.
Van Zandt always managed to

The absolute state of Sup Forums. Jesus Christ.

>this whole thread
So much projecting, Jesus fuck kill yourselves

REAL country fan right here

16 horsepower: country 4 chan

Will we ever have a country thread where we actually discuss our favorite artists instead of hating other peoples' favorite artists?

country fucking sucks for the most part.
i can count the number of good artists on one hand.

>t. has barely listened to country

I've heard enough to make my mind up on it

So you've tried honky tonk, bluegrass. countrypolitan, western swing, outlaw country, rockabilly, cowboy/western songs, and country rock?

>Thread about good country
>No mention of Merle Haggard, the number one greatest country singer
>Only one mention of Johnny Cash, the number two greatest country singer (fuck his 90s soyboy shit)
>No mentions of Waylon Jennings, the number three greatest country singer ever
>No mention of Willie Nelson, the number four greatest country singer ever

I'm disappointed, Sup Forums. At least you talked about Bob Dylan's ventures into country

gatekeeping country is so fucking lame. stop acting like you're some good ol' boy traditionalist cowboy

Those aren't country for redditors though. They're too mainstream for hipster appeal, that's why this board never talks about them.

Epic thread my good friends.

Yeah, they're country for bro-tier boomer redneck grandpas and dads