>he fell for the 4k TV meme

It's much easier to downscale 4k to 1080p than it is to upscale 1080p to 4k screens.

With as such a finite amount of media being released in 4k there exists ZERO reasom to buy a 4k TV for the next 5+ years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xqpd7WcBmjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

modern 1080p panels are much worse than 4k ones because 1080p is considered the "low budget" option. if you want a good 50+ tv unfortunately 4k is the only way

Spotted the 4k appologist.

i just bought a new 65" samsung and had to buy 4k since there were literally no good 1080p options

There are though. You just have to search a little.

BEST BUY GIVE ME MY $5,000 BACK!!!!!!

LG EG910t
OLED is the way.

1080p Blurays benefit from an upscale to 4k

What's a good TV that won't completely rape my wallet?

>he's still manipulated into throwing his money away by purchasing marginally better trinkets to perpetuate (((capitalism))) and (((planned obsolescence)))

Are Philipps TV any good, or Samsung, or what. What about cheaper variations.

And what's LED for?

What'd the difference between OLED and LED?

>downscale 4k to 1080p
Why would I ever?

>It's much easier to downscale 4k to 1080p than it is to upscale 1080p to 4k screens.

1080p to 4k is the easiest scaling the world has ever seen. you know nothing.

Conventional LED have backlighting which affects the white balance and color of the display.

OLED stands for 'organic light emitting diodes'
The 'organic' bit referring to the ability of the individual leds to adjust brightness independently without a backlight. This means you can get true dark blacks with OLED displays and have a much better white balance and color.

Problem is OLED displays are fucking expensive compared to your mid-high end flatscreens.

Now I don't give two fucks about what's going on in tv technology but I have a question seeming as you're knowledgeable.
Don't the also have to interpolate the upscaled pixels with the adjacent pixels to get a smoother image? Otherwise it would look blocky as fuck.

no, it's straight up 1 pixel turning into 4 that have the exact same size. the image is the same as native 1080p.

>he doesn't have disposable income to spend on luxury items to improve his life
Enjoy you grapes though

>implying the human eye can see above 720p

>not calling it 2160p

what's the budget for a decent tv and sound system? I really have no idea. Is it ever being discussed on Sup Forums?

You don't want to start down the road of sound systems, it never ends.

He says on the television and film board.

Curios. I would imagine having a large 4k screen and then displaying 1080p video would be a sort of sad experiment. If no manufacturer is interpolating pixels for upscale, perhaps they should because it would be a hell of a selling point.

Screen size factors into this.
I mean digital cinema projectors use 4k plus right?

im gonna buy a cheap projector

i know your not supposed to cheap out on them but I know ill be satisfied with that shitty native res

The letter O

4K is not worth it if you have a HDTV, better to wait for 8K or 16K

I do it for vidya on my PC all the time

How close do you even have to sit to see 4k resolution?
I have a 40" TV, I'm sat almost at the maximum distance when I'm watching in bed (1080p quality)
You basically aren't going to see that extra detail
As far as game consoles are concerned, they should be concentrating on stable 60fps

I don't even fucking know why I have a 1080 TV

Literally nothing is shown 1080, and I pirate all of my movies and end up watching them on my PC

All that happens when you move up a resolution is that you can't go back. Trying to watch sport in SD now is awful.

Most stuff in the first world is broadcast in 1080p.

We are still converting everything

I rcently got a 1080p tv and the hdmi sucks balls, when i want the real render i have to record movies from hd tv and then plug my tv via vga to my pc

>sports

Nah, 4k is fine. The real problem is people who think they are getting 4k TV's when buying UHD, but actually they are just getting 2k

>bluepilled weeb

best rpg this year is NBA 2k17

My tv has an HDR+ option - what's the difference between it and regular HDR.

Also desu, when comparing a 4K blu-ray to a regular one, the difference is pretty marginal. Love my tv though.

4k looks great on my 1080p monitor

>4K
>He doesn't 8K

its awesome isnt it?

this.
Japan and Best Korea are already at 8k TV quality broadcasting for 2017.

America is literally 25 years behind.

those ching chongs can't see shit anyways why do they need 8K

these delicious creatures need to be viewed in 8k.

kek
your resolution is 1080p
it is impossible for you monitor to display more than the pixels it has

True, but downscaling makes the pixels you are left with look better.

Look up supersampling

haha even that crazy crop couldnt hide the hair on third from right

this

>implying it can't

Quality jump isn't that huge compared to standard definition to hd tho. Also you have to sit very close to the tv to really notice it, if there were content that is

>Being this poor

Why would you choose to watch in a lower resolution if cost is not an issue?

You must have horrible eyesight. Watching 720p on anything over 32 inches looks like absolute shit.

Sports.
I bought one for sports.

yeah, anyway, you're an imbecile

these were the same stupid excuses used to not advance to blu ray

have you tried watching a shitty DVD resolution movie lately -- looks like garbage, right? its literally hdcam quality

wtf does this even mean
fuck off you community college drop out

this close.

Did that for Halloween. Was kinda disappointed with how low the resolution was but that quickly went away when I watched shit with my friends using it. Idk if you have any friends to watch stuff with tho, if this is meant for personal entertainment save up for a good protector or get a TV

Is this image above 30fps? because I can't see it

youtube.com/watch?v=xqpd7WcBmjM

this image is better. see it now?

>he doesn't connect his computer to his 80 inch TV to watch his pirated kino

>curved