Did your parents/grandparents speak a different language than you growing up?

Did your parents/grandparents speak a different language than you growing up?

Did they teach it to you?

No but I plan on teaching my kids Esperanto

yeah my parental units were escapee's from the former Czechoslovakia. I speak Czech but cant read very well or write at all. was a pain in the ass when I went to visit my distant family in a small town over there. in Prague you could get menus and stuff in English. in the small town you were lucky to find someone who spoke any English.

Yes but I'm not a CHI

Do you ever pick up hookers when you go back?

ive thought about it but haven't done it. hanging with distant relatives every other year or so is draining enough especially since most of them have Slivovitz, the real home brew moonshine not store bought and they like to party.

crawling in my skin
cheese pizza is my meal
leaks if how i fall
disclosing what is real

Why would you want your kids to become autistic faggots?

My great great grandfather was French if that counts.

Rest of the family was Spanish though so yeah.

I'm not doing it for political or social reasons. There are numerous studies that show kids growing up bilingual makes them better learners.

It isn't for the sake of raising Esperanto idealists. It's similar to your gradeschool making you learn the recorder in 3rd/4th grade. They don't do it to make a school full of recorder players, they do it for mental development and it has proven to help. Same with language.

Also it's easier to express ideas and use number systems in Esperanto, so realistically my children will have a chance at having higher level conversations in Esperanto at a young age as opposed to English. My wife and I have agreed to use both within the household and I don't really see a problem with it.

Twins?

My gramps spoke nortenho.
My parents spoke angolano.
Although I speak alfacinha I can understand and moderately speak their dialect.

every esperanto enthusiast is a faggot liberal no exceptions. if youre kids are speaking something that isnt english theyre gonna get labeled as faget mexicans by there peers. cant wait til they get beat up at school for speaking their autism language and its all youre fault.

Why not just learn the language of your ancestors and teach that to your offspring rather than some engineered kike language?

My parents spoke Croatian, but never taught it me properly.
I hope your wife dies in childbirth and takes the little shit with her.

father son

Obviously they'll be encouraged to use English with their classmates, or even teach some of the language to their close friends so they can use it as well. I don't think the downsides outweigh the benefits here, and you aren't making any compelling points against it.

Not even Welsh speak Welsh. Beautiful it may be, my wife and I are already fluent in Esperanto and practically only speak it amongst ourselves. We're already heavily invested in it and it was one of our common interests when we met.

Some Piemonte dialect, Galician and English, but they spoked argie here.

Rude 2bh, fampai. Saying things like that is bad luck.

my kids are gonna beat the shit outta your kids

Grandfather spoke Italian, other grandfather spoke Armenian. Neither of them taught their respective languages to me or my parents. My grandmother thought that my mother would be "confused" at school if she learned Italian; my grandfather didn't teach my father Armenian because he considered it a pointless endeavor and would only result in my father being "less American." Thanks to them, I'm nothing but a monolingual faggot.

I'm honestly thinking about learning Spanish and teaching it to my kids just so they're more employable in the future. I hate Latinos though so I probably won't do it.

>parents
nope

>grandparents
nope

>Did they teach it to you?
evidently not

el chicano

I was taught both Chinese dialects, Burmese, Thai, Malay, and Norwegian growing up.

I have a Scottish accent since I grew up in Inverness

My dad speaks Arabic, Somali, and Italian
My mom speaks Italian
They raised me and my brother with English because they fell for the meme in the 90s that bilingual kids have poorer English skills
>jokes on them, I went to an all black school until college

What kind of mongrel are you

Esperanto is shit. For exposure to other languages and as a language in general.

WEW
That's pretty awesome user.

My Maternal Grandmother spoke Scottish Gaelic, and my Paternal grandparents were from Germany, so....obviously.

both grandmothers were austrian/bavarian
grandfather was half serb

They spoke their languages well, but never teached me.

My father grew up speaking some West Papuan tribal language (he's not Papuan tho)
Of course he didn't teach me it

Yeap, they speak turkmen and arabic, i know turkmen, i dunno arabic.

because we are come back to homeland :*

>tfw I do not have a traceable ancestor who did not speak English as their native language

both parents hungarian
grandparents all hungarian
dont speak a word of it, selfhate is strong

Ceci

My father spoke the Carinthian dialect as a child. He grew up around Upper Carniolans though so it mostly went away but he still pronounces some things differently from time to time.

>mom and dad moved from eastern finland to west
>didnt learn the dialect of my ancestors
>stuck with shit western dialect

Mum and dad are bosnian, dad's side is more rooted in bosna mums side is more from Hungary.
Great grandpa fought for austrohungary and the Nazis, pretty radical dude

Why not teach them an actually useful language?

Father speaks Arabic, Hindu and English
Mother speaks Russian

My father is fennoswede. I never bothered to learn swedish and he is forced to speak finnish with me.

Grandparents on one side: Hungarian, on the other German.

I had to learn German on my own in school because their dialect was pretty far off from Hochdeutch.

this, esperanto is simplistic and useless. Teach them fucking arabic if you really want to teach them a second language. It will be far more beneficial, mentally-speaking, than espernato. Or more practically, teach them Spanish.