youtu.be/hwgTG3XjnmM
youtu.be/9nJpVBsFmyE
youtube.com/watch?v=IdlVihTRgfM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2ctdXFrEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based.

>pedo

Trapped in the Closet pts. 1-15 is a masterpiece

I should thank him for all that bland, repetitive R&B he made in the 90s, I really should. Not.

*psst psst*

I listened to that album. My god was it boring and also dated.

I like his music. But he really sounds too much like Aaron Hill and his style takes a LOT from Bobby Brown which he never gave credit.

Pedo pervert, boring music.

^This. Try having actual rhythm or a groove instead of a beat.

One of the best to do it

Trapped in the Closet is maybe the most entertaining thing ever made.

he's the fucking man. a legend.

>Pedo pervert
They all do it, he just had the misfortune of getting caught.

>misfortune
a girl should BE so lucky to get pissed on by r kelly of all the people pissing on girls in the world today!

I am to take it the cover is implying the number of groupies he's fucked. Still has a lot of that 80s metal S&M vibe to it, but then it was only a couple years past that era.

I'd forgive him for being a pedophile if he actually made music I don't fall asleep to.

Wait, did you guys forget that story where he was keeping a bunch of sex slaves in his house somewhere? Or do you guys only remember the pedo piss stuff?

Virgins can't into sex r&b.
Cornballs either.

You damn well know there was better R&B in the 90s than god damn R.Kelly.

TLC, Aaliyah, even god damn Mariah Carey had more entertainment value than Kelly did.

>TLC
Only Crazysexycool.

>Aaliyah
Ugh, no.

>Mariah Carey
Hers was more pop but ok.

I don't even like R Kelly like that but it's not supposed to be "entertaining". It's music literally created for you to fuck to and get horny to.

R&B is the corniest shit though.

>having sex to a pedo's music
That's pretty sick.

>R&B is the corniest shit though.

>It's music literally created for you to fuck to and get horny to.
Too bad it falls short on both counts.

Man, having a fedora folder just shows everyone you've never had sex, much less to R&B.

Sup Forums has never been all that good at discussing soul or R&B, mostly because it requires you to actually have a sex life. That's why fedoracore like Swans and Radiohead are more popular here.

My miiiinds telling me noooooo

12 Play [Jive, 1993]

In a year when the big rappers have either repeated tired outrages or outgrown them, Kelly's crude, chartwise new jack swing is black pop's most depressing development. An effective singer in the post-Stevie new-soul mode whose way with a beat is confirmed by an impressive catalogue of bestselling productions, he aims his common denominator straight at the solar plexus. He has no apparent interest in tune--the Spinners' "Sadie" sounds positively angelic after "Summer Bunnies" and "I Like the Crotch on You." And despite a few moments of class consciousness, he displays far less human decency in his quest for booty than such unaltruistic competitors as Jodeci and Boyz II Men. But lest anyone suspect he lacks moral acuity, he offers this Inspirational Liner Note: "To all those women out there when I step off in a club--don't treat me like I'm just anybody because you end up treating me like I'm nobody and that's wrong." C+

>R&B is the corniest shit though.
The only people who say this are the people who look like the virgin in those memes

That's why I said supposed to, lmao

Only for you, though.

A man who doesn't listen to R&B can't love you like a man who does.

>Only for you, though
>implying anyone gives a fuck about R. Kelly
He won't be in the music histories.

Like I said, I listened to 12 Play and Christgau is right. The music is just...lacking in any subtlety and it has no rhythm or groove, just a beat.

whoa what the fuck was wrong with aaliyah?

>even god damn Mariah Carey had more entertainment value than Kelly did

Yeah you can fap to her.

Well, yeah.

A lot of people give a fuck about R Kelly so this is wrong.

I hate lounge R&B.
Ginuwine did it better anywa

D’Angelo for faggots

white people dont have sex to r&b. period.

His work with Public Announcement was God tier.

youtu.be/u4zA6eHPy0U
youtu.be/2KCIye-qvb0
youtu.be/x-jYeBdTFYM

i'm like so what im drunk

>A lot of people give a fuck about R Kelly so this is wrong.
Well, I'm gonna be right, but it won't be evident for awhile yet, so you're just gonna have to be wrong until the time comes for the definite histories to be written "once the dust has settled."

Its a time and place thing

90s r&b has aged horribly. I don’t think anyone who is under the age of 35 listens to r Kelly or any of that other shit

what they do know is reinterpret r & b songs, and mix them into dance tracks.

Oh yeah, I forgot his "How do you do, fellow kids" phase.

>Ginuwine
Differences is prom kino.
youtu.be/Ry5vYkaeRpo

I don’t know...I guess...

But like nobody still listens to roxette or Bon Jovi or Black Street or montell Jordan and shit like that unless they were around when it happened. R Kelly is in that category.

Reminder that New Jack Swing is true R&B kino

youtu.be/dQ5ysmvmIyE
youtu.be/hwgTG3XjnmM
youtu.be/9nJpVBsFmyE

>90s r&b has aged horribly

Uggh, I agree with you. 12 Play is an astonishingly dated album.

What do white people fuck to anyway?

Spongebob soundtrack and Michael Bolton

They used to fuck to cockrock like Motley Crue. No idea what kids have sex to in the backseat of a car now.

Unless Christgau because he wishes he was born black.

>But like nobody still listens to roxette or Bon Jovi or Black Street or montell Jordan and shit like that
Janet Jackson, etc, etc.

R Kelly’s music doesn’t hold up. I Guess there’s a certain appeal to 90s R&B but unless you were around when it happened (nostalgia) you’re not going to understand it.

How many people in general can name r Kelly songs other than ignition remix and bump n grind? Probably not very many. Maybe trapped in the closet because everyone was making fun of it

>you’re not going to understand it

I get it, it's just the production and topical references in the lyrics are horrendously dated.

That’s exactly what I’m saying though.

I mean, right. There's no real compelling reason anyone born after Reagan's first term needs to listen to this stuff.

>Hers was more pop but ok

Late 90s Mariah got more R&B-flavored than she was on the first three albums.

"'Cause in the '90s we respect the ladies"

Ditto.

Shit.

fucking trash.

No it hasnt.
this

Not true at all.
After my restaurant closed up and everyone was cleaning, I blasted Ignition and EVERYONE sang along. Nobody that was on shift was over 27.
I've slept with 4 different women, all of them more than once, and we never fucked to music once.

I thought this was only a meme that existed in movies, I don't know why the fuck you'd fuck to music anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdlVihTRgfM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2ctdXFrEc

the cream of the crop like Brown Sugar (all neo soul really), Janet, and has but the rest hasn't

>Aaliyah
You realize Kelly wrote for her, right?

they do now thanks to Drake

>Boyz II Men
the true kings of the '90s