Didn't even pass the $1billion mark

>didn't even pass the $1billion mark

E L _ J Ü S T O

dude star wars lmao

It's a spin off movie with 5 minutes of Vader. of course Disney knew it wouldn't reach past 1 billion.

btw it's still better than force awakens and anyone who defends the way that movie is edited is an idiot.

Force awakens isn't that bad

>TFA was shit
>people are now dissapointed
>R1 makes less money
good good let the failure flow through you

It's not better than TFA.

>cast gooks to make more money in asia
>ends up making less money than a movie with nigger as the main hero

It's actually really good, that being said I liked Rogue One better. I'm still optimistic that Episodes 8 and 9 will help 7 make more sense. We'll see though

>people on this board thought it's going to make less than 500 mio

Why are journalists so obsessed shilling Disney movies? Always box-office reports on how great they're doing. Meanwhile Suicide Squad's unexpected box-office run went by with zero articles.

how much did hey spent to make R1?

>It's a spin off movie with 5 minutes of Vader

Cool rationalization bruh

But is rationale not valid?

It's not a spin-off. It takes place between Ep 3 and 4.

Suicide Squad is a movie with 5 minutes of the Joker so it has no merit, meanwhile Rogue One is impressive because it only has 5 minutes of Darth Vader !!!!!!!!!!

It's been two weeks.

Anyone who thought it'd make close to TFA figures is mentally ill.

I don't think you understand what spin off means.

It was blatantly advertised as "A Star Wars Story", meaning it's a side story, meaning less people give a shit. I'm more interested in seeing how it did in China.

not out in china yet

Proves star wars fans are manchildren, Rogue 1 was probably the most palatable star wars movie for people with taste.
>Buhuu no big dumb happy hollywood ending? no chosen one mary sue protagonist? what is this shit an european movie? buhuu

>It was blatantly advertised as "A Star Wars Story", meaning it's a side story, meaning less people give a shit.
>Star Wars story
>Star Wars on the fucking title
>less people give a shit

Breathing must be a struggle being this fucking dumb

>subtle dc smear campaign thread

So just like BvS then?

not him but he's right.

it's not a part of the main series. it's a spin off. same with the han solo film they're doing.

no one going to it thinks its unrelated to star wars.
saying its a spin off is meaningless.

spin offs aren't unrelated you absolute idiot. off yourself.

its a prequel deal with it faggot.

>b-because i said so
pretty much expected at this point. off yourself

This is proof that Episode 8 won't come close to TFA numbers. TFA was all hype and nostalgia. Now that people have been exposed to Disney's bland and safe shit, they won't be as inclined to go.

>i dont know what prequel means.
off yourself.

>thinking people gives a flying fuck about autismal distinctions between episodes and spin offs

they do.

it's why avengers makes more money than a stand-alone film like doctor strange or iron man. this board is really bad at box office.

R1 doesn't have the appeal of being in "main story". That being said, it's still doing about the same the prequels. lrn2 box office

I know your trolling but this has already made $100m of profit and will end with several hundred more.

>lrn2 box office
>he says while completely ignoring inflation
Also nu-SW only has Luke and a new cast nobody gives a shit about. TFA was their big shot. They got good numbers but they'll never repeat that because TFA was forgettable as fuck.

Yeah it is.
TFA was fine, but there was no world there, just felt like scenery flats, while Rogue One had actual settlements with people in it.

The closest thing TFA had was the Mos Eisley cantina without Mos Eisley.

It had actual settlements with people but no actual characters.

im taking into account inflation. and just because you didn't like TFA doesn't mean normies (the ones who buy tickets) didn't. it was met very positively by them. Sup Forums's opinion ! = reality.

look at episode 1, it has a roughly 650 million adjusted domestic box office, then episode 2 shot down to 450 mill adjusted gross. foreign is tough to track, but it's about a 500 million difference between the two.

TFA hit 936 million box office. it's safe to say it was liked a lot more than ep. 1

>but it's about a 500 million difference between the two.
domestic + foreign. not foreign alone sorry

Except for the characters passing through the settlements

They were actors reading the script.

Yeah and playing characters.
That's what actors do.

Not really, they were just reading script.