You're a fucking idiot. Have you even listened to any RHCP album...

You're a fucking idiot. Have you even listened to any RHCP album? Blood Sugar Sex Magik alone is objectively one of the greatest, if not, THE GREATEST, Alternative Rock albums of all time. It marked a pivotal point in their direction, as they divulged in deeper lyricism with poetic and melancholic, yet hedonistic songwriting. Frusciante catapulted their songs with original guitar structure/composition, combining funk and psychedelic with indie rock-esque melodic sensibilities, and with Flea, formed a beautiful synergy that laid the groundwork for their subsequent albums, along with influencing funk metal/alt. metal, rap rock and alt. rock for years to come. And BSSM can be considered an "artistic" record, if you consider an album detailing the idyllic paradise of sexuality, spirituality and the conflicts between hedonistic and stoicism an artistic statement. Granted, they didn't expand on that idea, but it lingers on that territory. OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Tripping"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tldr

fpbp

Good post.

Were RHCP always such a commonly shat on band? It feels like the turnaround was really sudden.

one hot minute is best album

>THE GREATEST alt rock album
Stop right there

Second best. Frusciante destroys Corgan and Iha, no matter how many guitar pedals they use.

>Were RHCP always such a commonly shat on band?
They were since well before your mom shat you out her crusty vagina.

Which is stupid. RHCP is much better than most of the shitty Sup Forumscore wankery out there.

tl;dr, but Blood Sugar Sex Magik is one of the best rock albums of the 90s

Yes.

not that i can recall. it's really just people being contrarians as they were extremely popular around the mid 2000s

Bump

nah it's shitty pop rock

go to bed izzy

Idiot, read this immediately.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk

ALTERNATIVE ROCK WILL NEVER BE POP ROCK, AND RHCP IS NOT FUCKING GAY ASS POO ROCK AT ALL! THEY ARE ALTERNATIVE ROCK TO THE ABSOLUTE CORE!

>hollywood
> california
> sex
> drugs
> wah effect

Why listen to this when Mr. Bungle, Frizzle Fry, Science and Angel Dust exist

couldn't say it better

people only say it's bad because it's popular and sold well

>>hollywood
>> california
>> sex
>> drugs
>> wah effect
mmmmm the smell of soy....

I would say sailing the seas of cheese over fizzle. But yes Mr Bungle x100. Also I never got the beef between Mr Bungle and RHCP, they sound nothing alike

None of those albums are as deep as BSSM. Did you even read the OP properly and understand it fully?

And plus, most of those albums fake their eclecticism to cheesy, moronic and insipid scaremongering. They don't pursue, they just linger. Utterly shallow compared to BSSM's grandiosity.

>THEY ARE ALTERNATIVE ROCK TO THE ABSOLUTE CORE!
Core of pop rock.

Is this an old Sup Forums meme?

you're the worst poster in this board. please stop.

It's probably pretty old at this point, but I honestly don't remember.

Not even remotely. Any one who thinks RHCP belongs to pop rock is an absolute idiot. They don't even employ any traditionalist standards of a pop rock band; their funk-meets punk of Flea and John Frusciante's esoteric psychedelia, post-punk and art/experimental influences, along with Chad Smith's heavy metal/hard rock meets funk and jazz percussion style and Kiedis' rap/rock vocals do NOT belong at all with "pop". RHCP was the literal pioneer of Funk Metal, Rap Rock and Rap Metal to follow into the mainstream. Flea's objectively one of the most innovative bassists alive; his fuck-meets-punk slapping technique mixed with a jazz/psychedelic approach to his style was the cornerstone of their music, and subsequent others' music in the realm of alt. rock. And John Frusciante... if you can't recognize his guitar virtuosity, you're just a fucking moron. I won't even waste time trying to create a wittier response because your brain would take ages to process it. If you actually hear just pop rock, you either have not listened to much RHCP (have only listened to their most mainstream songs), have no idea what a pop rock band is (compare REO Speedwagon, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Hootie and the Blowfish, and Bon Jovi along with others I can't remember to RHCP and you'll see that they do not fit at all) or you just label any rock band with such popularity as pop rock.

RHCP is too idiosyncratic, heavy, and powerful to ever be pop rock.

Only if you idiots stop believing in this stupid fantasy that RHCP is pop when in reality they are Alternative Rock, and learn from your meaningless mistakes.

>Alternative Pop Rock
FTFY.

please put on a trip so I can filter you

Nope. Pioneers of Alternative Rock do not get Pop music inside them. They're just Alternative Rock; there's nothing Pop Rock about them. You're just an idiot.

You're thinking of Mr. Bungle.

@77855632
No, I'm not. Stop trolling, faggot. Just for that, you get no yous.

@77855717
Two can play that game.

Whoever was the idiot that posted this needs to be thrown into a pit of spikes immediately.

You're really fucking desperate for attention aren't you? Between posting your own copypastas and derailing threads with your autistic "RHCP isn't pop rock" google drive link it just all seems very sad. You're probably a 15 year old who just left Sup Forums or the youtube comment section for the first time, except most of those people don't shit up threads with their own autistic and unnecessarily verbose copypastas filled with exaggerations about a band they like, insisting that their music is not pop rock because, for some ungodly reason, they have a fucking retarded grudge against pop rock and insists on their own convoluted genre tags, that seem to be based more on what they want the band to be than what the band actually is.
The worst part is that you're convinced that you're right no matter how many times people try convince you otherwise. Every time you make one of your retarded threads and people actually try to argue why RHCP is pop rock, you just stop replying by the time you start losing the argument, only to start again the next thread, equally insistent, with the same points people already addressed on the previous thread.
You're the most annoying poster I've seen in this board in a long time. I urge you to stop posting. It would make the piece of shit that is Sup Forums ever so slightly better.

>Every time you make one of your retarded threads and people actually try to argue why RHCP is pop rock, you just stop replying by the time you start losing the argument, only to start again the next thread, equally insistent, with the same points people already addressed on the previous thread.
When have I ever done this at all? Most of the time people still argue the same insipid points that they became "pop" because their music became more mellow, ignorant of the fact that Californication, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium was significantly different in sound from most traditional pop rock bands, as they objectively employed elements of Art Rock, Post-Punk, Neo-Psychedelia, Hard Rock, and even Indie Rock as well. And plus, most of the points I addressed were not responded to properly. Read the images again, and look at the actual posts on the archive. Especially the middle one. When I asked why he thought RHCP was pop rock, he didn't even respond at all. If anything, I've been much more persistent than any of my opponents anyway. And plus, unless people on RYM stop disgracing one of the best, most influential and creative rock bands ever, I will never stop posting. So you can either fuck off and leave this board or deal with it, accept RHCP's godlike music, and accept that they are objectively Alternative Rock. Like it or not, I don't care if you try to stop me from being here. I belong on Sup Forums just as much as you, Crazium, KPOP, Grimes posters and anyone else on this board. You can't stop me. I'm not weak anymore, faggot.

And by the way, I'll use spacing whichever way I desire. So screw off with your BS. And one last thing, I asked my friends if RHCP were pop rock. They all just laughed at my face and called me an idiot. Imagine how they would have reacted to the mongoloids who believe RHCP is actually pop rock here. Horrid pedantry one harbors to my lair.

I think they were seen as an 'yeah ok whatever' underground band until BSSM. Then you either hated them because they were mainstream or appreciated them for what they were. I think Californication was the breaking point for 'real music aficionados'.
The recent bitching is just the kiddies who don't like post-Frusciante RHCP.

Great job strawmanning every argument people had against you and completely missing my point. I'm not gonna get into this fucking discussion with you again because you never fucking listen, and at this point I don't fucking care what genre RHCP is. What I will say is that you're doing exactly what I said you do every fucking time you post. You completely exaggerate the band's qualities and sound due to what seems to be an unhealthy obsession, derailing threads with you awful, unnecessary pedantry about whether or not a fucking band you like is pop rock. At this point I already realized how much of a thickheaded faggot with zero self-awareness you are, so all I gotta hope is that you get tired of your constant cries for attention, or at least that your mom forbids you access to Sup Forums.
Also I have no fucking clue what you're saying about spacing and no one gives a flying fuck about what any of your friends think.
RHCP sucks.

>tfw i was 12 when stadium arcadium came out

>RHCP sucks.
Yes, they suck the superficiality out of modern day existence, transform the energy into a spherical monolith roaming amongst the infinite skies, until the winds catch on and dance with the monolith, utterly destroying it into a barrage of light. That glimmering shine glides to all the creatures roaming this land, healing the hearts of the poor and raising them from their ashes, giving life a new hope to carry on with the river of time. That is the absolute reality of RHCP, that you have failed to understand.

cringe

Good.

tl;dr

this is a pretty good album though I listened to it yesterday. Could be cut short by like 25 minutes though.

No, all the tracks fit perfectly. It's a 10/10 record.

The end of Sir Psycho Sexy is quite possibly one of the best written parts in rock music and I only say this because I listen to it at least once every day

i agree, early to middle ages RHCP is truly one of the greatest things to happen to us

Thank you!

Yeah, yeah, all fine and well, but it isn't Uplift Mofo Party Plan.

End of discussion!

End of thread!

Yeah I agree. It does have some amazing tracks but it's a bit too long for what it tries to do

>Any one whwo thinks RHCP belongs to pop ock is an absoolute idiot

"Heeey oooooh... Listen what i say ooohh. I got you heeyy ooh.. now listen what i say ooooh"

They were cool. Now it's trashy pop rock.

Californication is peak litty kino

this
most people overlook the talent frusiante/flea/smith had together