Why does this movie upset europeans so much?

Why does this movie upset europeans so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

ddaymuseum.co.uk/d-day/d-day-and-the-battle-of-normandy-your-questions-answered#troops
youtube.com/watch?v=szTGXeLk2Jg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It doesn't, it's brilliant.

inb4 war crimes

>Upham just lets the jew die
Raimi had script input?

this is the excuse I hear most often and it seems really disingenuous to me, mostly because the complaint is almost always accompanied with some pissy anti-american comment that has nothing to do with the movie.

>Why does this movie upset europeans so much?

Why would a glorified distraction be upsetting?

The eastern front, now that is upsetting to Europeans.

not enough muslims in the cast

It's a very US centric portrayal of a war in which the US's involvement was fairly limited outside of the pacific.

>It's a very US centric portrayal of a war

no shit, its about americans. This is such a stupid complaint.

This is like saying Das Boot sucks because it only focuses on the German Navy instead of the Japanese navy

It's bald faced propaganda.

That comparison makes no fucking sense. SPR takes place during the D-Day landings and liberation of France, the majority of troops involved in which were British commonwealth forces.

>Americans make a movie about USA
>"WHY DID THEY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT USA AND NOT ABOUT US INSTEAD?!"
Pathetic.

Tines were different. Hollywood doeasnt trust the Brits.

Now U-571 was the stinker.

THIS IS SO MUCH BULLSHIT WHY IS THIS SHOW ONLY ABOUT AMERICANS

I've never heard anyone in england complain before. Literally everyone likes it.

Americans fought in WW2?

They sent tanks and trucks to the people who did the actual heavy lifting

>SPR takes place during the D-Day landings and liberation of France

again, so fucking what?

>OMG CROSS OF IRON IS SHIT! IT ONLY FOCUSES ON THE GERMANS. WHAT ABOUT THE ROMANIANS AND HUNGARIANS? THEY WERE IN OPERATION BARBAROSSA TO!

this is you

Rob ager made a great video on it.

Except the germans actually did do the majority of the fighting

The more you know.

I thought the only thing they did was fight some Japs and nuke their civilians.

US's involvement was fairly limited
Africa? Italy? France? Nigga america was everywhere, they moved fast.

I think it's aged pretty badly simply because everyone in it is famous now and alot of it is so absurd. Vin Diesel... The collapsing wall... nah.

The beach scene is incredible but nowadays I stop watching there.
because you're ignorant. All the tanks are British.

that said they do paint the Brits in a bad light intentionally in several parts and the Germans just get shot in the back as they get outmaneuvred and run away to be shot in the back like totally happened every time USA USA USA.

At the end after they'd finally decided which side to solely (more or less) finance.

>moving the goalpost

>Africa

Mostly British Commonwealth

>France

Mostly British Commonwealth

>Italy

Who cares

>getting mad at america because they have to win europes wars

The US only really experiences an actual taste of the war on the Western Front at Omaha and Bastogne so it's no wonder they play them up alot.

>Africa and France

>won because of britain

lol. Monty was fucking shit and the most famous british "accomplishments" of the war were Dunkirk and Market Garden

>Market Garden
one of the biggest military failures?

>>Italy
>Who cares

Battle of Monte Cassino m18.

Why does this movie arouse Americans so much?

If upfront loans at absurd profit count as winning wars then that's accurate enough but these movies make out like they did a significant fraction of the fighting. Which just isn't true.

You don't know fucking shit, the majority of troops who took part in the Normandy landings were British/Canadian and British intelligence was what led to its success in the first place

Actually, it wasn't. It didn't achieve it's aim because everything that could have gone wrong; did. But it did help tie up German forces and nearly succeed.

Pathetic.

Africa certainly was. That and Italian incompetence.

As far as cinema goes (since we're on Sup Forums) A Bridge Too Far is alot better than SPR.

Dunkirk may well be too.

>combining british and Canadians arbitrarily into one group to make it seem like there were little to no americans

73,000 Americans

61,000 British

21,000 Canadians

ddaymuseum.co.uk/d-day/d-day-and-the-battle-of-normandy-your-questions-answered#troops

So no, this shitty little argument you are trying to make doesnt even work because It was mostly Americans at D-Day. Also, the entire thing was the brainchild of Eisenhower, the Supreme Commander of allied forces.

so fuck off you pissy little eurotard bitch.

Because Americans did literally nothing in WW2

>Actually, it wasn't. It didn't achieve it's aim because everything that could have gone wrong

britbong education

>It was mostly Americans

73,000 american vs 82,2000 commonwealth

Wow and I thought the american education thing was just a meme

other than win north africa and push into "fortress europa" and beat the japanese by themselves and reach Germany first and supply everyone the entire time.

This. "Why does it upset Europeans" - does it??? That's news to me

>combining british and Canadians arbitrarily
>arbitrarily

Wow you really are fucking stupid

Who?
I know no Europeans who were upset by Saving Private Ryan

Americans watching a WW2 movie that doesn't feature murrican soldiers, on the other hand

>doubling down on your retardation because you know you are wrong.

Americans did all the work, brits and canadians helped. deal with it

God, her pussy is the most perfect vag I have ever seen

My ex had an almost like her, it felt so fucking good

>

This sort of retardation is why people dislike SPR

Americans outnumbered british by 10,000+ and the entire thing was an American led operation.

deal with it

>"y-yeah well youre retarded for calling me out on my shitty inferiority complex meme history!"

really made me think

British led forces outnumbered Americans by 9,000, but nice attempt at counting

Daily reminder that Vin Deisel is an extremely active homosexual and rumours of child molesation are running wild in Hollywood circles.

He has yet to confirm this for obvious reasons.

>canada is britain

73,000 (USA) is a bigger number than 61,000 (Britain)

:)

dont get mad at me because you were wrong and got called out like the prissy bitch you are

Might as well be.

>t. American

>Canada is part of Britain

just stop

This whole thread is a nice bit of 90s nostalgia but this attitude is the only reason that this debate even exists.

There Americans that literally spew this and have done since the 40s even though they arrived on British ships under mostly British air support after years of essentially sitting out the war. I won't play down US involvement as some others here are it was integral but it no way did they come close to doing all the work.

Especially considering the American forces were by and large seeing their first action whereas Commonwealth and FreeEuro forces were up to 4 year veterans by this point.

Unser Mutter Unser Vater/Generation War sums it all up best I think when they namedrop D Day as an aside in one sceme implying it was a sucker punch that was gonna waste reinforcements meant for the East.

The Russians were in Germany in June 1944: youtube.com/watch?v=WOVEy1tC7nk

The Candians thought under British generals as part of the British Second Army at Normandy dipshits.

Still not British forces. Get over it. Also:

>phone posting
Just leave.

The Russians did most of the work.

thats sweet. Still doesnt change the fact that Americans outnumbered british soldiers at d-day. Stop being a stubborn faggot because you misspoke

Nuking the nips is not proper warfare you utter faggot

The British Empire was still a thing in WW2 (WW2 debt killed it after all) so in practice they were all British forces.

>Still not British forces. Get over it

When did anybody day the British outnumbered Americans?

That's better.

cool.

Canada wasn't a part of Britain then. They weren't british forces. end of story

>misspoke

Except nobody ever said they didn't you illiterate

>They weren't british forces

See

they were the worst

supporting the soviets with stuff
opening secong front

ameritards are literally responsible for Hitler's death and as a result collapse of the white civalization

Neither is kamikaze

You were a Dominion of Britain, so, yes, you were. Just like India and ANZAC and South Africa.

Can I get a sperg report on Patton?

I never hear it discussed do people get trigd up by that movie too?

You brits are insufferable with taking other people's accomplishments. If there was a WW3 you'd try to take credit for Canada's involvement as well.

>When did anybody day the British outnumbered Americans?

So then you concede that Americans outnumbered the british.

>making a great regroup after pearl harbor, smashing them at midway, retaking all their islands, utterly destorying their fleet, and then nuking them into submission instead of wasting millions of lives on a mainland invasion isnt "proper warfare"

really made me say "hmmm"

Butthurt leaf detected

fucking this

>So then you concede that Americans outnumbered the british.

Nobody ever said otherwise. What was said was the British Commonwealth forces did the majority of the fighting and Americans helped.

>Cold War Tanks
>Patton not remotely similar to the Man
>Completely leaves out his assassination by Allied forces.

It's OK I just watch it as an Army Men Plastic Soldiers movie and enjoy.

There actually were British at Omaha Beach

they drove the LCAs landing troops on the extreme flanks

Maybe if you are French and you realize you got rekt like a little bitch by Nazis and then had to be saved by Uncle Sam.

>What was said was the British Commonwealth forces did the majority of the fighting and Americans helped.

except it was mostly americans fighting in a plan by an american general with a few other british and canadian troops helping out.

you are being deliberately stubborn because you know you are wrong.

>mostly

You really don't know what that word means

All the tanks are Shermans son.

You hardly see the British, apart from that one guy riding his bicycle

>Landing craft spawn from nowhere
Forgot to mention something didn't you?

That's from a different movie the tanks in Band of Brothers are mostly Cromwells.

Well it could be an even spread. I'm not gonna sit and count. There's certainly alot of Shermans in the early episodes for D Day but iirc there's more episodes with Cromwell support later on.

there were more americans than british soldier

there were more americans than canadian soldiers

there for, it was mostly americans.

>b-but the canadians fought under british commanders!

not an argument. By this logic, they were all americans since the entire thing was led by Eisenhower :)

American tanks are shown during the Hill 30 scene in the bocage, British tanks are shown in Market Garden when XXX Corps tear-asses through Holland.

>youtube.com/watch?v=szTGXeLk2Jg

> the entire thing was led by Eisenhower

Eisenhower drew up the plans but he didn't lead shit

yeah Canada here, Fuck that. We fought as CANADIANS in this war, not Brits. Don't ever let some bingo bongo tell you otherwise.

>Movie depicts D Day as a 98% American operation.
>Anons argue the validity of calling British Commonwealth forces British to prove they made up more than 50% of the fighting.
Speaks for itself really OP.

I don't take young people seriously when they get butthurt about this shit but I do remember Veterans were rump rustled when the film was released. My main memory however is how most of them were butthurt about the swearing. Like they genuinely didn't swear that much.

SPR was incredible at the time but the story and the second half is so silly it'll be a war movie footnote in no time.

The Longest Day is the definitive D Day movie and always will be and it was only made better by how thoroughly the Vets who made it went about acknowledging all the countries involved.

>h-he only drew up the plans

He was the supreme commander. by your own logic, that means all those involved were american. good job playing yourself

Yes that is the Sherman scene. Thank you for posting.

The other one I remember is the burning one that nearly crushes Buck in the ditch.

It was said the Canadian forces were fighting directly under British commanders. How many of them were fighting directly under Eisenhower?

>Englishmen from Canada savagely beat their German superior in ape-like rage, evade war crimes tribunal

The Longest Day makes SPR about equal with Rogue One.

I'm a euro and it's my favourite war movie ever

>How many of them were fighting directly under Eisenhower?

All of them because he was the Supreme allied commander. Im only using your own logic user. all the forces were american. America did all the work!

>there will never be a movie about Mad Jack Churchill

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

Except that the Longest Day is practically a romantic comedy for how hammy the acting is, toothless the action is, and sloppy the editing is.

>directly under