I heard Sup Forums didn't like Interstellar

I heard Sup Forums didn't like Interstellar.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EaJHFxCYUjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Love, TARS

H E L L O R E D D I T

It's a bad movie. The ending is actually one of the few good parts.

IT WAS LOVE TARS, IT WAS LUUUUVVVVV!!!

>take good scifi movie
>add daddy issue
>add love solves everything
>add DSL loli

something for everyone. A great flick

When I saw this scene for the first time I thought they were going to make it a twist like no that's stupid we're scientists trying to save the human race don't be retarded, but imagine my surprise when it turned out she was supposed to be correct here according to the director.

Nolan is a hack. His Bat trilogy is pretentious and boring.

ugh no
the beginning and the ending were both miserable
the part in between was bearable

Because people here don't / didn't study a STEM field.

no, people complain about the love and time travel stuff not the actual space stuff

That was not even a significant portion of the movie.

yes it was

Outside of the single line where Anne Hathaway's character is being retarded it wasn't relevant.

At worst it looks and sounds great with some interesting concepts but a lot of the characters are stupid, and that last part really got some people's heckles up, e.g.

Cooper et al were wrong about love having any bearing on what happened. Future humans needed to get information about a black hole to the person who knew what to do with it (Murph), so they engineered a solution to that problem using the only means they could: gravity is the only force that can travel through time, so they engineered a device which would allow Cooper to send information back in time to Cooper encoded as gravity. That's it. All the stuff about love was just stupid people reading too much into it.

>Future humans

you mean cooper and the humans he saved only by sending something back in time to himself. It's a paradox explained by love only and magical thinking

It's called a bootstrap paradox. Do you hate The Terminator for the same reason?

>explained by love
you clearly missed the point of the entire film

the love part isn't like "WOW LOVE IS LIKE THIS MYSTICAL FORCE... DUDE.. IT CAN TRAVEL THROUGH A BLACK HOLE WOW.. DUDE LOVE.."

it's just that love is the fucking driver in their decisions. it's a key theme of the film. how could you not see that?

>WOW LOVE IS LIKE THIS MYSTICAL FORCE... DUDE.. IT CAN TRAVEL THROUGH A BLACK HOLE WOW.. DUDE LOVE.."

yeah that's the plot

idk why people feel the need to overcomplicate things so they can feel smart. It's a big blockbuster movie

Loved it. Got me hooked till the end, and the portrayal of outer space was mesmerizing.

Because the woman "scientist" literally says love trancends time and space. Nolan's obvious dialogue doesn't hide any hidden meaning, it's as plain as it gets.

are you kidding? you're the one complicating it

i'm saying that love was nothing more than motivation for a lot of the actions in the film. it's what you call a motif.

think about it.

>woman "scientist"
>putting scientist in speech marks

cringe

So just because some dumb girl says it, it has to be true? Are you clinically retarded?

She was a retard trying to convince them to let them go to the planet with her boyfriend on it via emotional manipulation and mystical bullshit. Nolan writes very believable female characters.

This guy got it. You overreacting, meme-ing retards.

Why could the lander reach escape velocity on the water planet which had higher gravity than Earth, but in order to leave Earth they needed a multi-stage rocket?

Sup Forums actually loved interstellar when it just had come out. I don't know what happened to change the general consensus here. maybe it was the large influx of hat-tipping redditors

typical nolan shit where he builds up a universe then does fuck all with it, all the while thinking that not having an ending is deep

They could have used the lander to leave Earth if they wanted but that would waste half the fuel on the lander and they had no way to refuel in space.

But she was right, they should have gone to that planet

I liked it up until the final act. With the LOVE IS WHAT HOLDS THE UNIVERSE TOGETHER bullshit.

Also, Tars was a discount C3PO reject

She was right for the wrong reasons. If Mann wasn't lying about his data then Cooper's decision would have been the correct one.

4u

No.
It's literally just her taking a watch back with her that her father once gave her.

>almost 2017
>people still dont understand Interstellar

not autistic enough (the movie)

>there are contrarian faggots who hate this
youtube.com/watch?v=EaJHFxCYUjI