Which is better?

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM
youtube.com/watch?v=AiM5zEEI_Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bottom one. Anakin died when Vader was born.

Bottom one. Hayden is probably the most underrated actor of all time

Why did they lower Yoda for?

Replace Alec Guinness with Ewan Mcgregor and the bottom image would be perfect

Why wasn't Ewan McGregor Obi Wan Kenobi and Kermit Yoda?

spotted the prequel apologists

I'm surprised that there has not been a photoshopped fan image of that.

>Why wasn't Ewan McGregor Obi Wan Kenobi
Because Obi Wan stayed good his entire life and Anakin was dead once he went into the mask.

Jeez you guys ask the most stupid questions...

Now it's obvious Lucas forgot to properly stretch out Anakin's body when he made the remastered version.

lmao

Sebastian Shaw.
Hayden just feels out of place tbqf.

Man that CG is pretty good for the time.

it's so dense in every frame something is going on

Episode 1 has the best CGI of the trilogy for some reason

these
I would have preferred it if they'd made Hayden look older though

lucas gave up when everyone rejected jar jar.

Option 3

>for the time.
It was pretty much state-of-the-art, but it really didn't age well

After the release of the prequels, the bottom one.

Fixed it for you.

Uh, you don't get to bring friends

Why is Obi-wan so angry?

top one
imagine watching the three original films and avoiding the prequels like a sane person, and seeing that douchebag at the bottom
you'd go "who the fuck is that"

why is Yoda old?

Hayden Christensen being anything other than a completely garbage actor is a meme

Qui Gon should have been there too

i kinda hate being a prequel kid, i always wondered how it felt to not know how Anakin became Vader, how he looked and everything, must have been great for the imagination.

Luke didn't know Qui-Gon. I think those ghost are only visible for the force users that have a bond with dead Jedi. Probably Obi and Joda could see Qui-Gon as a ghost.

Anakin died in this scene, you colossal faggots

Because he has to hang out with a child murderer and a muppet for all eternity

There is literally no good argument for why the bottom one is the better one

thats some other guy.

>consistency isn't a good argument

the top of his head always looked kinda tasty to me here
like a calzone

You just saw him unmasked a few minutes ago then he reverts to a douchey looking 20 year old. It would be more consistent to keep the original face.

Why is Lucas such a retard?

>posting outdated version

/thread everyone else is trolling, move along
lucas fucked up enormously with this, it is common knowledge

Tell me about Kylo why does he wears a mask ?

>no eyebrows

>tfw Disney owns star wars but still hasn't released blu-rays of the original unaltered movies

This was literally the ONE GOOD THING that could've come out of the Disney buyout.

You guys know we are going to see Hayden's ghost in Episode 8 right?

Because he looks like a von Habsburg

Search your feelings you know it to be true.

Happy now, you fucks?

youtube.com/watch?v=g_H3_g9PhnM
Yes.

Lucas had them destroyed precisely so no one could do this

Who is the guy on topn suppose to be?

He looks like a rapist even in the afterlife. Would it have killed Lucas to tell him to get that evil grin off his face for emotional scenes?

Hayden isn't even looking the right way

>unmasked a few minutes ago
looking like a literal egg and nothing like the force ghost at the end so that doesn't really work at all
with Hayden, it's a callback to the prequels and ties the sexology together

They were good friends.

He seems to be looking directly at the the viewer. Kind of spooky 2bh

>when you haven't washed in a few days and pull back your foreskin

Disney doesn't own the distribution rights to any of ep1-6, fox still does
To release an unaltered original trilogy, Disney, Lucasarts and Fox would all have to come to an agreement
(Disney might actually not be needed, I'm not 100% sure)

He was. Screenshot was taken in wrong moment

youtube.com/watch?v=AiM5zEEI_Jo

They didn't.
They just cut off the bottom of the screen to weaken Obi-Wan's power stance.
They did this so they could bring Hayden, who is their friend.

Lucas has brushed it off saying the original prints are beyond salvage, but it's just not true. If it were, he wouldn't have been able to use them to make the special editions. Furthermore, we know that people besides lucas have obtained the prints and used them to make the unlicensed Despecialized versions.

I'm calling bullshit. Those original versions are in a vault somewhere.

Pedomeme ruins it. Might as well have put the Reddit Frog

Except he does look like the force ghost because it's the same fucking actor. That's how Anakin would look like without the scars in that age. Young Anakin makes no fucking sense not matter how hard you try and spin it. You just want it because you're a cencerous, underage prequelbabby desperate for muh callbacks and muh ring theory. There's enough tying the movies together without including Hayden Christensen in a nonsensical cameo.

Apparently that footage is from wardrobe tests for RotS and Hayden had no fucking clue what George was planning

Lucas really gave no shit whatsoever did he

Actually, isn't there something with Episode IV in particular where it's owned by yet another company and has the rights to distribution indefinitely?

Im pretty sure there is a 2K remaster of the original that they did, but they didn't release it

It's probably on a hard drive somewhere in ILM, if Lucas didn't tell them to delete it to be spiteful

Goddamn do I hate the special edition ending.
I hate the jarring cuts to CGI worlds from the prequels that we have no idea what they are in context
I hate the new ending song
I hate shoehorning Hayden in there over the original Sebastian Shaw

>The Gungan shouting "Wesa free"

I swear Lucas just hates the audience.

This is so stupid but it got me good

Luke obviously never met young Anakin nor had any photos of him. Unless someone showed him the holotape of Anakin murdering those kids, how would he even know what he looked like. If ghost of young Anakin showed up Luke would be like "and who the fuck is that".

Anakin redeemed himself in his last moments. That's the memory Luke would take with him. Fuck the prequels.

>put jar jar voice in
>say its not jar jar
>coolface.jpg

>these look like the same person
remind me who's trolling again you fucking sperg?

Why does Tattooine even give a shit? Wasn't there usually barely any imperial presence there at all?

>dat WEESA FREE at Naboo
pure spite. It has to be.

Truth be told, Han didn't shoot "first". He was the only one who shot.

Tatooine wasn't even part of Republic lel

Lucas had the eyebrows removed on right scene to keep it consistent with the burns from ROTS.

Prequels are history revisionism desu

Stop bullying Jar Jar

>staring right into the camera
bit perturbed

One of the things i really agree with Mike on is that fall of the Empire probably wouldn't have affected the average joe much, especially if the fucking Clone Wars didn't

So the whole celebration is stupid

It doesn't even make sense in context.

Imagine you're a first-time star wars viewer and you're watching through the films. You've watched the original, ESB, and you're just finishing up ROTJ. Suddenly the ending of the movie does a montage shot of people celebrating on various worlds. Half of which you've NEVER EVEN SEEN BEFORE. Why the fuck are they showing this city planet or this place with all the classical architecture? What are these places and why are they important? And why is there some retard screaming "WEESA FREE"? The fuck is going on?

And then for the final shot of the movie, you see some 20-year-old kid's force ghost pop up next to Obi-wan and Yoda. And Luke is smiling like he (and by extension, the audience) is supposed to know who the hell this guy is.

Top is better, but the bottom makes sense in a "we can use Anakin again" point of view

It made sense on Bespin, who'd just been annexed, and Coruscant around the capital. The rest was unnecessary.

He really really isn't. Any other movie he's been in is terrible and he was awful in Episode 2

You're objectively wrong. They even said at some point that Vader was born when Annikin died in that lava pit

Luke, did I ever tell you about your father? He was a jedi knight, and he was the best star pilot in the galaxy. I don't have any pictures to show you of him, but I have this security camera footage of him slaughtering younglings. He was a good friend.

That's why you should watch Star Wars movies in this order: 4 -> 5 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 6

Obi-wan said that, who'd given up on Anakin ever being redeemed. Luke was the one that believed Anakin was still in there, and was proven right when he betrayed the Emperor.

It doesn't make an ounce of sense why Anakin still looks like his young self. If Anakin looks young again why didn't Obi-Wan?

>not knowing the correct order to watch the films
4->5->1->2->3->6
(1 can be ignored if one wishes)

(You)
>That's why you should watch Star Wars movies in this order: 4 -> 5 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 6

I never thought about this. How they didn't have any videos/photos from times of old republic?

I'd say that ruins all the dramatic tension at the end of 5 but the Tattooine parts of RotJ do that anyway I guess.

]
There's no other order that makes any sense

ROTJ just ruins the OT in general

>Teddy Bears beat the Empire

>The special edition edits make so little sense that you have to skip around and watch the prequel trilogy before ROTJ for any of it to make sense

I really do understand what you guys are going for here, but the whole idea that they would need to be watched out of order like this for anything to make sense is fucking retarded.

The only way to watch them is 4>5>6>1>2>3. Or just skip the prequels altogether. Fuck the special edition bullshit

All the parts outside of Tattooine and the ewoks are Kino. It's a weird mix.

The other problem is the prequels being viewed in that order ruin the mystery and dread around the Emperor's introduction in RotJ. This hobbling hooded old guy being treated with such outrght terror for reasons the audience wasn't privy too was a big part of the build up.

4, 5, 2, 3, 6