What are the major cultural differences between Ukraine, Belarus and Russia?

What are the major cultural differences between Ukraine, Belarus and Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wAoGzexufo
youtu.be/qIj_o0PMEkw
discord.gg/recursion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Different flavors of Shit.

Um anda elegante, o outro bonito.

this. but i'd say different colours instead

>Ukraine
Main export are mail order brides, they like the west
>Belarus
Easy to get rused in their country, don't care much about the west
>Russia
Really big, like, really, really big, likes the west, in secret

They all speak a different version of the same language, but they'll maybe deny that.
They also all love Adidas.

Ukraine: Failed stated. Africa tier economy and extreme corruption.

Belarus: Dictatorship shithole. But better than Ukraine. Probably the only country that is 100% white, mostly because it is a shithole and immigrants don't want to go there. Also it is very Russified, majority of the population speaks Russian.

Russia-Shithole, but better than the two above. Also the only relevant Slavic country. Has great history and culture.

>They all speak a different version of the same language, but they'll maybe deny that
If fucking Cantonese and Mandarin are considered just dialects, then so should Russian, Ukrainian and Belorusian.

Belarus is better than Russia though. Better infrustructure, everything is well maintained etc.

Russian culture is very different from Belarusian or Ukrainian. Belarus and Ukraine have common origins, they were both influenced by Poland. Even their languages are mutually intelligible. Russia basically has nothing in common with either of them.

Don't lie, you have similarities, but Russia is so big they have similarities with parts of Russia only, not general Russia.
But yes, wasn't Belarus part of Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth?

pretty much no difference. belorussians are less nationalist than the other two though

thats more a problem of counting the different chinese languages as just different dialects than counting russian/ukrainian/belarusian as different languages. it'd be more like saying slavic is a language. the chinese thing is just wrong/weird. arabic has the same problem I think, from what I understand someone in iraq and someone from like algeria can hardly understand each other and yet they still all say they're speaking the same language

Belarusian language is dying. Most of the population speaks Russian.

Russia [...] the only relevant Slavic country.

I don't want to be considered Slavic. Fucking pagan, Per(d)un worshipping, illiterate, kokoshnik wearing tree huggers. But my DNA test will probably show that I'm Slavic, which, I think, should be a good enough reason to kill myself.

>Russia basically has nothing in common with either of them.
despite the differences in the past these days russia and belarus are exactly the same shit, like totally the same.

With Arabs it's all because of regional dialects, vocabulary and idioms.
But written it's the same everywhere.

Chinese "dialects" comes from the PRC we are all Chinese, not Han, or Manchurian or Tibetan or whatever.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=3wAoGzexufo

I figured the chinese bit is just because of the chinese government and the way they want to have a uniform culture/language throughout china and that differences don't exist

didn't know about the arabic though. If their script is standardized then that makes sense. so I guess they have their local dialects that aren't exactly mutually intelligible but also have a standardized arabic that they all know and use

It's politics, yeah.
Saying that Mandarin and Cantonese are just dialects would not be as extreme as saying that Persian and Arabic are, but somewhere along those lines of stupidity.
Belorusian really is different from Russian, I can maybe understand 20-60% usually of what's being said.
With Ukrainian it's a bit more nuanced - you'll get different versions of Ukrainian language depending on what part of the country the speaker is from. Sometimes it's pretty much mutually intelligible with Russian, and other times it might as well be Polish to us. Grammar is somewhat different - but still close enough to be mutually intelligible. It's mainly the vocabulary that differs - close to Polish in the West, closer to Russian in the East.

You won't learn anything from bunch of idiots on Sup Forums.

The thread is already full of shit, hate and misinformation based on simple idiocy and bigotry.

Is hating your heritage a new meme on Sup Forums

They all speak Russian, but for the actual languages, i dont think Belarussian and Russian are dialects. Belarussian sounds really different to me, it sounds like mix of Polish and Russian to me.

Slovak and Czech are dialects, so is Serbo-Croatian and whatever else they pretend to speak in Balkans except for Slovenian.

86% with Russian, 1% more than Slovak and Polish and understanding spoken Polish is really hard for me.

My Belaruse friend told me that if she speaks in Belarus Russian wont understand her but some user here told me its bs so idk

well, slovene is by itself. serbian, croatian, bosnian and montenegrin are all just different dialects of the same language. bulgarian and macedonian are also dialects of the same language. so there's 3 major slavic languages in the balkans, not counting nationless ones like torlak or whatever

People in Western-most Ukraine don't necessarily speak Russian. When they do, it's really really poor. And I don't think they're pretending out of hatred - that way they'd just be saying that they don't speak Russian at all. While they hate us, I don't think the hatred can be so strong and deep to force them to fake and tweak their Russian knowledge.

Our heritage is not Slavic. Just because Russian is technically considered Slavic, even though it has barely anything in common with Slavic languages, doesn't mean we are somehow connected with Slavs. Our heritage is steppe.

WE

Only if you are slavic, indian or middle eastern.

In our case we actually wuz khanz and shiet.

getting rekt by mongols doesnt mean you are mongol yourself

>major cultural differences between Ukraine, Belarus and Russia
It would be easier to find similarities, of which there are very few. Russian culture is not connected to Belarusian or Ukrainian one.

we wuz golden horde n sheeeeit

We are not mongols, but we have common nomad heritage.

Russians are mostly Slavic and Finnic.

Do you like this song in Russia?
youtu.be/qIj_o0PMEkw

I'm half tatarshit, does that count?
I think being annexed and becoming a vassal state are different things.

Two different countries bordering each other. They do share a lot of history and geographic location so they must have some similarities. Same like Belgium and Netherlands or Germany and Austria (but even less, cause they don't share the language).

>Russians are mostly Slavic and Finnic.
although most of them have asiatic admixture

But isn't it true that most Ukrainians Belarussians speak Russian anyways?

Belarussians talk to each other in Russian lol

Belarusians, yes. But in Ukraine it is only spoken in the east.

so Belarusians are Russians for all intents and purpose?

They are pretty Russians

No, they are not. They speak Russian, but their culture is completely different.

meh, slavs are slavs

literally platinum thread
so Irish are the English for all intents and purpose?

no because irish are racially inferior

And germs are germs. Therefore, you are basically Australians.

you mean austrians?

No, Australians. All germs are the same, according to your logic.

It is spoken in East, South and Central regions, some parts of West are the only places where they know Russian but don't speak it as the first language.

>comparing noblem germanic people to perfidious *glos
take it back

Belarusians are objectively less attractive than Russians.

Russian pepe conference discord.gg/recursion

Most Brits have French, and not German, heritage anyway. I don't get where the Brits are Germans meme came from.

>But yes, wasn't Belarus part of Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth?
Belarusians are basically PLC's Lithuanians, while modern day Lithuanians are Samogitians.
Also Ruthenian language was the language of administration of Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

But why is Belarus when translated to near every language "White Russia"?
I remember reading that Ukraine is supposedly "Yellow Russia", that true at all?
How TATAR'D all of them are?

Because Belarus means white rus lol

Belarus is "White Ruthenia".
It's Germans who went full retard with the name.

>But why is Belarus when translated to near every language "White Russia"?
Belarus means White Ruthenia

>I remember reading that Ukraine is supposedly "Yellow Russia", that true at all?
There is only White, Black and red Ruthenia

They speak a Germanic language.

Well,, you should have about 40% chance for it to be Uralic rabbit jumping hunter-gatherers.

>Same like Belgium and Netherlands

we can pick each other out on photos

STFU Taras, you dumb turk.

Antonov is kill. Good job, dumbass.

Ukraine & Belarus are European, Russia is Asian.

Just like Germany is a muslim country.

There's a lot more things to hunt in Siberia than rabbits, Yamna and Sintashta people for example.

i will have belaruse wife and have 5 children quote me on this

>Ukraine
Don't you mean Malorus?

Pretty much this

Argies ans aussies don't know shit about these 3 cunts

Belarus is Canada of Eastern Europe - they are nice, friendly and in good relations with every neighbor.
Russia is USA of Eastern Europe - big and have very strong influence on neighbors.
Ukraine is Mexico of Eastern Europe - poor and corrupted.

No you didn't, Vlad.
Proto-Slavs from the Pinsk marshes were a settled people. They invaded south for farmland.

Belarusians are the lightest. You see lot of blonde haired people there.

Russians have diverse look, From Blonde haired, blue eyed to Mediterranean looking (olive skin, dark hair). They are like White Americans.

Ukrainians are pretty dark.

>Belarus is Canada of EE

Why do you hate eastern europe so much?

Do you have more? Cute grill.

What about Bulgarian, do you guys understand it?

Russian are descendants of nomadic people from the steppe. We have nothing to do with Eastern European slavs.

>Why do you hate eastern europe so much?
Because it's shithole.

>They all speak a different version of the same language, but they'll maybe deny that.
I spoke to a Belorussian pretty often for a while and she laughed when I asked if she'd speak Belorussian with her family living in the UK.
According to her Belorussian is more or less a dead language.

Is Ukraine more poor and corrupted than Russia?
I thought it would be less because they are more western or want to be more western.

Is this the new meme now?

Russian is not mutually intelligible with other languages.

Taras we know you using proxy stop it

How is it a meme? It's a well-known fact.

Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe. Moldova probably surpassed them by now.

Yep
5 years ago when I didn't speak French nor Dutch, I always tried to find instructions in Bulgarian, if there were no Russian ones

cool story bro

Ukraine means "borderlands"

They want to be western because of all the euromonies

>There is only White, Black and red Ruthenia
Where were these?

Being pro-west doesn't automatically make you prosperous. Ukraine is even bigger shithole now than before, when they overthrew their government.

>Is Ukraine more poor and corrupted than Russia?
Yes, kinda.

Some parts of Ukraine.

staying with Russia means you stay shithole, they have hope now

>mfw Ukraine is more poor than Sudan

"No".
Russia is dominated by the European part of Russia.
There is literally nothing happening at all in the Asian part.

Lol what hope? Their government is just as corrupt as the one before.

Basically, we are same Slavic shit with different colours

Atleast they don't have to suck Putin's dick anymore. And let's face it, EU has more money to pay for dick sucking.

>There is literally nothing happening at all in the Asian part.
Actually there is, but it's not really different from European part.
And native siberian people are minority.